more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cameron Burgess gone.

Started by f321ffc, June 06, 2017, 04:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Lyall Thomas @SkySportsLyall

#FulhamFC youngster Cameron Burgess has signed for #Scunthorpe on a permanent deal #FFC

Fulham Football Club @FulhamFC
·
4m

.@CamBurgess95 was part of our U18 side who made history by reaching the 2014 FA Youth Cup Final, & we wish him all the best for the future!
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

grandad

Did we get anything for him. Good luck to him. He was never going to make the grade in the Championship.
Where there's a will there's a wife

rweller86

Quote from: grandad on June 06, 2017, 04:49:34 PM
Did we get anything for him. Good luck to him. He was never going to make the grade in the Championship.
Official website says undisclosed fee. Good luck to him!
@rweller

Wearethewhites

Shame, another one who was completely destroyed by Magath, and never really recovered. Remember seeing him turn out for that game v Ipswich, men against boys, criminal.

Fulhamerica23

Disagree. Still young. Two good spells this year in League One. Think he is a good player at Scunthorpe.

sunburywhite

The Penguin was my favourite Batman villan
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

alfie

Quote from: Wearethewhites on June 06, 2017, 05:05:43 PM
Shame, another one who was completely destroyed by Magath, and never really recovered. Remember seeing him turn out for that game v Ipswich, men against boys, criminal.
Not sure what you mean by completely destroyed why?
He was just not good enough,
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Wearethewhites

Quote from: alfie on June 06, 2017, 05:53:59 PM

As a young prospect, he came with a very good caliber, however, was thrown in the deep end to quickly by Magath, when he needed a few more seasons to mature. In the end, his confidence, along with a few other young players, was shot. If you don't know what I mean, then I suggest you speak to a few others who took interest in the acadamey, and they'll tell you exactly the same.

Woolly Mammoth

I reckon he would have developed into a good prospect, as like others, he had the potential, but was poorly managed by Magath like others were, and his and there development stalled, and confidence in sport as you know is very important.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulhamerica23

Was not Magaths fault he didn't develop at Fulham. That is a terrible narrative. He played four times that season. Didn't ruin him. If it did, then Cam is extremely frail mentally and probably wouldn't make it anyway if he's not up to the mental side of the game.

bill taylors apprentice

He didn't play enough games to be "destroyed" !
It wasn't the right way to start in the first team and it must have been unsettling and stressful but he's had plenty of time to get over it.
Good luck to him!

Arthur

His first three appearances were ineffective but certainly not appalling. It was, in my view, only in his fourth and final game (at Derby) that he found it too much to cope with - and even then it was only in the final five minutes this was unmistakably evident.

Although I would not disagree that to introduce him to Championship football did him more harm than good, I would be surprised if Huw Jennings (to whom I would have to defer) thinks that Cameron was 'completely destroyed' by the experience.

Almost three years on with (I understand) two successful loan spells under his belt, my guess would be that his move to a League 1 club that has designs on promotion next season is exactly the level at which he would be now be even had not Magath needlessly catapulted him beyond his abilities. Indeed might not a comparison be made with Jack Grimmer? Jack was a good defensive prospect at youth level whose pathway into the first XI was handled better than Burgess'. Despite this, he, too, has had to drop to a lower league in order to forge a professional career.

HatterDon

Quote from: rweller86 on June 06, 2017, 04:57:32 PM

I haven't seen the club list a selling or signing fee at least since 2004.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jamie88

Quote from: HatterDon on June 06, 2017, 09:08:39 PM

They did with McCormack last year

AlexW132

Quote from: Jamie88 on June 06, 2017, 09:15:36 PM

Well they said both; it was weird because on the app menu it said 'undisclosed' and then in the article itself £12m or whatever it was.

St. Andrews White

Quote from: AlexW132 on June 06, 2017, 09:26:05 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on June 06, 2017, 09:15:36 PM

Well they said both; it was weird because on the app menu it said 'undisclosed' and then in the article itself £12m or whatever it was.
That was because we said undisclosed, then villa announced the fee. So we then went announced it too

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

St. Andrews White

From what I'd heard he'd developed a lot in the last two years, definitely could be a quality cb in a year or two, shame. Best of luck to him anyhow!

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

St. Andrews White

And whilst he didn't play enough games to be destroyed, his debut as a cdm against ipswich has to be one of the worst introductions any young player has ever been given to professional football.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Yonderwhite on June 07, 2017, 03:15:27 AM
And whilst he didn't play enough games to be destroyed, his debut as a cdm against ipswich has to be one of the worst introductions any young player has ever been given to professional football.

Agreed, and we are still feeling the repucussions of recruiting Magath who had not an ounce of experience in English Football. Calling the appointment as a gross error of judgement, is far too lenient.
It was the worst idea and decision since Abraham Lincoln said, I am fed up kicking around the house, let's go take in a show.

I use to be fairly indecisive, but now I am not so certain.

Confucius once said that the inability to make a decision is often mistakenly passed off as patience.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

alfie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 07, 2017, 01:55:48 PM
Quote from: Yonderwhite on June 07, 2017, 03:15:27 AM

Agreed, and we are still feeling the repucussions of recruiting Magath who had not an ounce of experience in English Football. Calling the appointment as a gross error of judgement, is far too lenient.
It was the worst idea and decision since Abraham Lincoln said, I am fed up kicking around the house, let's go take in a show.

I use to be fairly indecisive, but now I am not so certain.

Confucius once said that the inability to make a decision is often mistakenly passed off as patience.
In no way am I defending Magath, but Wenger, Mourino and Conti to name 3 did not have any experience of English football either.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't