more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Grenfell Tower

Started by ToodlesMcToot, June 14, 2017, 05:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Quote from: Statto on June 17, 2017, 11:10:25 AM
Just a suggestion... but perhaps to save the mods the stress, and since there's no football to discuss, the mods could just put a health warning in the thread title and let those who want it have a non-moderated political debate here. Then they can all argue among themselves about how much they blame George Osborne, Gary Lineker or whomever.

Nah. Let's not.
There is an obvious political dimension to this tragedy and there are many suitable outlets for discussion on this aspect. This is not really one of them. Censorship is reprehensible (although the correspondent who stated that it doesn't solve anything is, historically, mistaken) but limiting discussion on what is basically a fairly narrowly focused forum to fairly non-political areas makes sense. The telltale political signs that some correspondents allow to creep, perhaps unconsciously, into their day-to-day postings are irksome enough to me.
I have very decided political views but would not seek to bore (or incite) people on here with them. There exists, in fact, an excellent Anarcho-Syndicalist forum. Only one person posts on it and the rest of us A-Ss refuse, as a matter of principle to read it. It works very well.

toshes mate

Ah, bless you, Statto, for feeling the need to remind me that politicians are, after all, human beings just like those poor people who lost their lives, their health and/or all their possessions, but it was absolutely not necessary as you should know very well.

dannyboi-ffc

It amazes me how many times we have to remind others that we don't do politics. These topics are only allowed on this board so that people can pay their respects. The whole thing is very political but this thread isn't.

From now on every single disaster and loss of life will be titled RIP. We are all angry, we all know the type of people who have blood on their hands but it's not for on here.

In our recent survey it was quite apparent the overwhelming majority want more moderation of this type, most people don't want to come on here and see these arguments.

There are other places you can go and argue all you like pretty much with the odd Fulham chat thrown in but you opt to stay on here instead. So you must like It and if it comes to losing 20 readers because of persistent politics talk or losing the 1 member whos always a culprit, Who do you think is gonna go?

Please just stop it.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging