watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Williams and Stearman loan

Started by Barrett487, June 20, 2017, 09:41:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-make-two-players-available-13209567

Fulham make two players available for loan to Championship clubs

Fulham have made Richard Stearman and George Williams available for loan, but only to Championship clubs.

Stearman spent last season on loan at fellow Championship club Wolves, signing for them at the end of August, making 19 appearances in all competitions having only signed from the Midlands club in September the previous year.

Wolves announced they wouldn't be making his loan deal permanent and Fulham have now made him available for loan once again.

Meanwhile, Williams has also been made available for loan having spent half of last season with League One MK Dons.

The 21-year-old had been linked with a permanent move to Scunthorpe, but the club do not wish to sell him permanently and want him to go out on loan to a Championship club to further his development.

Williams scored 15 goals in 17 appearance for Peter Grant's U23 side in the latter half of the season and Fulham hope more first team game time will help aid his transition into their first team.

Barrett487

Quote from: Barrett487 on June 20, 2017, 09:41:05 AM
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-make-two-players-available-13209567

Fulham make two players available for loan to Championship clubs

Fulham have made Richard Stearman and George Williams available for loan, but only to Championship clubs.

Stearman spent last season on loan at fellow Championship club Wolves, signing for them at the end of August, making 19 appearances in all competitions having only signed from the Midlands club in September the previous year.

Wolves announced they wouldn't be making his loan deal permanent and Fulham have now made him available for loan once again.

Meanwhile, Williams has also been made available for loan having spent half of last season with League One MK Dons.

The 21-year-old had been linked with a permanent move to Scunthorpe, but the club do not wish to sell him permanently and want him to go out on loan to a Championship club to further his development.

Williams scored 15 goals in 17 appearance for Peter Grant's U23 side in the latter half of the season and Fulham hope more first team game time will help aid his transition into their first team.

It would appear that these two will be potentially in contention later, as they're going to be gaining Championship experience. I  wonder why they've done it with Stearman, surely he's already has proved his lack of quality.

@jolslover

Don't rate Stearman and not sure why we don't sell him at this point but hey ho.
As for George Williams I liked him at u18 level but I suspect he will never make it as a first teamer here.
STH H3

dhowells21

Burton? Already have quite a good relationship there apparantly

grandad

We don´t need Stearman even as a back up. Get him off the payroll. Williams I agree with. Give him one more season & then see what to do with him.
Where there's a will there's a wife

westcliff white

Quote from: Statto on June 20, 2017, 11:07:51 AM
Agree with grandad although I suppose re Stearman it's helpful to have the option to recall him in January as extra backup if we've an injury crisis for example. Obviously we could just try to sign someone else quickly in those circumstances but better the devil you know, one might say
100% agree, steaman to go, but last resort recall. Williams needs first team football then we can see where he is at.
Every day is a Fulham day

aaronmcguigan

How does a newspaper make a story with no quotes or actual proof of anything happening?
Did they pick names out of a bag?

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Newry FFC on June 20, 2017, 04:27:02 PM
How does a newspaper make a story with no quotes or actual proof of anything happening?
Did they pick names out of a bag?

Answers:

A week's worth of practice out of "journalism" school.

Yes.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

alfie

Quote from: @jolslover on June 20, 2017, 09:45:09 AM
Don't rate Stearman and not sure why we don't sell him at this point but hey ho.
As for George Williams I liked him at u18 level but I suspect he will never make it as a first teamer here.
There has to be someone willing to buy him.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

toshes mate

I like George Williams as a footballer and I am delighted we are holding on to him and loaning him out rather than selling.   I believe one day he will 'click' as a well above average player and there is something about him that makes me think it may happen in the next eighteen months or so.

ffc73

Quote from: alfie on June 20, 2017, 05:21:14 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on June 20, 2017, 09:45:09 AM
There has to be someone willing to buy him.

Agree re Stearman. No one is daft enough to buy him off us. His wages probably mean only a Championship club can afford to chip in. Unlikely that will cancel his contract but I would suggest he goes somewhere on deadline day