Scott Malone

Started by Wearethewhites, July 03, 2017, 01:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: Tabby on July 04, 2017, 02:28:35 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 04, 2017, 02:17:27 PM
Quote from: Tabby on July 04, 2017, 02:13:40 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 04, 2017, 12:43:53 PM

lol....Malone is twice the player Husband is.
If Husband that good why doesn't he get game time?

Malone got swapped for Jazz Richards last year, and Cardiff thought they got the better of that deal. Don't judge players solely by their current form.

Husband was pretty good whenever he has been loaned here as far as I can recall.
Thats true he was, however he hasnt (from what I can see) played any game since the end of the 15/16 season so it is hard to say Husband is better than malone and a lot easier to say Malone is better than Husband as he has been playing

Agree with that. I'd rate Malone higher, and I wouldn't swap the two. But Husband might just have gotten on the bad side of Karanka, as well as being stuck behind a very good defender in George Friend. KMac was dropped for half the season by Wolves before we got him.
Thats true but he had played that season, and he was dropped for giving jacket a piece of his mind i believe. So ye she could have got on the wrongside of Karanka, and having been loane dout so much by Karanka you would have thought he would have moved on or someone would have wanted him on loan last season, something doesnt add up for me. But base don when he was with us he was a good player, better than Garbutt the Everton lad (although he did suffer an injury)
Every day is a Fulham day

AlexW132

Quote from: westcliff white on July 04, 2017, 02:34:13 PM

Malone got swapped for Jazz Richards last year, and Cardiff thought they got the better of that deal. Don't judge players solely by their current form.

Husband was pretty good whenever he has been loaned here as far as I can recall.
Thats true he was, however he hasnt (from what I can see) played any game since the end of the 15/16 season so it is hard to say Husband is better than malone and a lot easier to say Malone is better than Husband as he has been playing

Agree with that. I'd rate Malone higher, and I wouldn't swap the two. But Husband might just have gotten on the bad side of Karanka, as well as being stuck behind a very good defender in George Friend. KMac was dropped for half the season by Wolves before we got him.
Thats true but he had played that season, and he was dropped for giving jacket a piece of his mind i believe. So ye she could have got on the wrongside of Karanka, and having been loane dout so much by Karanka you would have thought he would have moved on or someone would have wanted him on loan last season, something doesnt add up for me. But base don when he was with us he was a good player, better than Garbutt the Everton lad (although he did suffer an injury)
10000 posts, congrats!

nose

Malone IMO plays as a proper team player, husband was good for while but then tnded to do his own thing ahd garbutt only played for himself.

AlexW132

Quote from: nose on July 04, 2017, 02:31:35 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on July 04, 2017, 02:02:11 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 04, 2017, 09:46:51 AM
Not sure why there is a debate. Have we a better left back that can attack and score as many goals as Malone did last season? If no then can we buy a replacement who is as good. Or will Odoi fill that spot and be as good.

Arguing about Malone being a poor crosser of the ball or that he isn't as good as we think he is or he had a good season that will not be repeated is by the by. If the rumours are true a prem side want him and we will probably need a replacement.
This is the problem. We get wooed by his goals so that we don't see that he's actually a poor defender, which should be at least half of his remit.

I understand your point but IMO he is not a poor defender . I actually think the defence was for ages a bit unsettled with changes at CB as injury to kalas and poor form of others made for chopping and changing and a back four is best left settled.  He had his errors but by and large he played really well but was very attack minded ad that means space can be left behind to be exploited.   I think it will be hard work to find anyone better. but if he goes then we will cope, i just think it will be a shame.
You may be right about the chopping and changing at the back, and that's one thing we need to make sure this season, that we keep a consistent back line as much as possible.

westcliff white

Quote from: AlexW132 on July 04, 2017, 02:36:59 PM

10000 posts, congrats!
thanks, didnt even realise

alfie

Quote from: nose on July 04, 2017, 02:31:35 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on July 04, 2017, 02:02:11 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 04, 2017, 09:46:51 AM
Not sure why there is a debate. Have we a better left back that can attack and score as many goals as Malone did last season? If no then can we buy a replacement who is as good. Or will Odoi fill that spot and be as good.

Arguing about Malone being a poor crosser of the ball or that he isn't as good as we think he is or he had a good season that will not be repeated is by the by. If the rumours are true a prem side want him and we will probably need a replacement.
This is the problem. We get wooed by his goals so that we don't see that he's actually a poor defender, which should be at least half of his remit.

I understand your point but IMO he is not a poor defender . I actually think the defence was for ages a bit unsettled with changes at CB as injury to kalas and poor form of others made for chopping and changing and a back four is best left settled.  He had his errors but by and large he played really well but was very attack minded ad that means space can be left behind to be exploited.   I think it will be hard work to find anyone better. but if he goes then we will cope, i just think it will be a shame.
:plus one:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mince n Tatties

What happened to Bighead Garrbut who thought he was too good for us and Everton.

Carborundum

Malone > Husband > Billy the Badger > Garbutt

bill taylors apprentice

No sign of Malone in the recent Poland training camp photos!

Has he already gone?

DevonFFC

:bump:
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 04, 2017, 07:52:32 PM

Has he already gone?

Picture 9 is malone

nose

Quote from: ollienixs on July 04, 2017, 08:05:58 PM

Has he already gone?

Picture 9 is malone

which one is malone, i cannot see him. i think the bearded man is somebody else namely madl

DevonFFC

Quote from: nose on July 04, 2017, 08:36:41 PM

Has he already gone?

Picture 9 is malone

which one is malone, i cannot see him. i think the bearded man is somebody else namely madl

It maybe. I don't really care to much to check.

westcliff white

Quote from: ollienixs on July 04, 2017, 08:56:54 PM

Has he already gone?

Picture 9 is malone

Malone isn't in any pic

DevonFFC

Quote from: westcliff white on July 04, 2017, 08:58:30 PM

Has he already gone?

Picture 9 is malone

Malone isn't in any pic

Defiantly gone then, you may as well announce it and get in there first.

hovewhite

nothing more on sky sports either.

twang

Quote from: Carborundum on July 04, 2017, 06:27:36 PM
Malone > Husband > Billy the Badger > Garbutt

Couldn't agree more, Garbutt was absolute garbage.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Has he already gone?

Picture 9 is malone

Malone isn't in any pic

He should have the number 3 on the left side of his shorts. I can't see him in any photo.

grandad

Has he already gone?

Picture 9 is malone

Malone isn't in any pic

He was taking the pictures.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: grandad on July 04, 2017, 09:57:44 PM

Has he already gone?

Picture 9 is malone

Malone isn't in any pic

He was taking the pictures.

lol