watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scott Malone

Started by Wearethewhites, July 03, 2017, 01:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

If the rumours are true, that he is to have a medical with Huddersfield Town tomorrow, would you be disappointed?

For me, this is a 50/50 situation, but I will try to explain.

Pros:

1) Scott came on a swap deal for Richards, so, basically a freebie, unless you take into consideration the 750k we paid for Richards. If he goes to Huddersfield, they've got to be paying a minimum of 3-4M surely? Good business?

2) With Sess signing a new contract, Malone surely knows that his regular starts will become less and less, the more Sess progresses.

3) Scott was great going forward, but not a great defender, ripped defenders a new one sometimes, but was it a one off season, because of the players around him?

4) Footballing wise, do the Club know that they can improve in that position, even though Sess has signed a pro contract.

5) Scott has recently married into a Fulham supporting family, so can't be easy on that side.

6) Why would he swap SW6 for a sleepy Huddersfield Town.

7) Does he simply want Prem football, who wouldn't.

nose

very bad news
malone had a wonderful season and having two left backs for the first time ever AND the ability to play sess in front of malone (where I think he is more natural) is a bonus. Malone chipped in with goals and was generally part of the reason we did so well.

Hope it is all a bad dream

EastEndWhite

Quote from: nose on July 03, 2017, 01:36:26 PM
very bad news
malone had a wonderful season and having two left backs for the first time ever AND the ability to play sess in front of malone (where I think he is more natural) is a bonus. Malone chipped in with goals and was generally part of the reason we did so well.

Hope it is all a bad dream

Well put Nose.  Exactly how I feel.

dannyboi-ffc

If we are to lose one first team regular from last season then he'd be first on my list to be honest.

He was outstanding at times but I always felt it was one of those seasons he wouldn't repeat. Plus his crossing at times was awful.

I think the swap deal for Richards made him seem a better player than he actually was because I think we were all expecting another Jazz Richards in exchange.

I wouldn't sell him if I had the choice but it all depends on the fee and how the club go about replacing him. It certainly won't be the end of the world even if it means Odoi switches and shares the position with Sess as a last resort.

Let's not kidd ourselves here. This league is very competitive with many big clubs thinking the same as us. You are not going to get a world beater to sign at left back who is willing to share a position with a 17 year old. And is Malone 'better' than Odoi??? For me there's not much in it. Odoi is just unlucky that Fred is lightning quick and the strongest fullback option.

Good luck to Scott if he goes. You can't really blame him, 8f Huddersfield want him he'd be mad not to go. Someone like him shouldn't be getting a premier league move so he had to grab the chance. If we'd been promoted then he'd have been the first outfield contracted player id have replaced anyway. So he have to take this opportunity.

-We've tied down our two major assets
-We need to keep the core of our squad (midfield trio)
- Sign Kalas

Losing Malone and the like is just a little graze, we don't need stitches just yet. Keep the faith!  :wine: 049:gif
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Riversider

As I've just said on the transfer thread, he (like any other player) leaves with the blessing of Slavisa Jokanovic, says to me that Jokanovic is comfortable with it, so no cause for concern from me.

Tabby

I wouldn't be extremely disappointed. If he leaves it is likely that Joka signed off on it and someone else is on the way in judging from Cairney and Sess staying.

I think the way that Fulham is set up now is a fullbacks dream. They get free reign to bomb down the wide areas, and it shows in that we got 10 goals from fullbacks last season. If Fredericks could shoot there would probably be a couple more.

If we could swap Malone for someone like Husband and make a profit I would be pretty satisfied.

Ordar

I'd be very disappointed. I really rate him. Sess is going to be a left winger as his defending is fairly weak, and Malone was outstanding last year.

Riverside

I would rather he stayed but if he left I can only assume that Sess will be the 1st choice LF and this is one of the reasons he has stayed . Additionally I hope we get a good fee for him and this means we can buy others ( e.g. Kalas and a CF ) within FFP without selling Sess or Cairney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HamsterWheel

I wouldn't give much credence to that Tweet - he claims to have got a DM from Scott, but Scott doesn't even follow him. Probably just a hopeful guess.

Andy S

If we are going to hit the ground running then we should look to retain most of the Squad. Scott is expendable and good luck to him if he goes. But if he stays then great

@jolslover

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 03, 2017, 01:47:46 PM
If we are to lose one first team regular from last season then he'd be first on my list to be honest.

He was outstanding at times but I always felt it was one of those seasons he wouldn't repeat. Plus his crossing at times was awful.

I think the swap deal for Richards made him seem a better player than he actually was because I think we were all expecting another Jazz Richards in exchange.

I wouldn't sell him if I had the choice but it all depends on the fee and how the club go about replacing him. It certainly won't be the end of the world even if it means Odoi switches and shares the position with Sess as a last resort.

Let's not kidd ourselves here. This league is very competitive with many big clubs thinking the same as us. You are not going to get a world beater to sign at left back who is willing to share a position with a 17 year old. And is Malone 'better' than Odoi??? For me there's not much in it. Odoi is just unlucky that Fred is lightning quick and the strongest fullback option.

Good luck to Scott if he goes. You can't really blame him, 8f Huddersfield want him he'd be mad not to go. Someone like him shouldn't be getting a premier league move so he had to grab the chance. If we'd been promoted then he'd have been the first outfield contracted player id have replaced anyway. So he have to take this opportunity.

-We've tied down our two major assets
-We need to keep the core of our squad (midfield trio)
- Sign Kalas

Losing Malone and the like is just a little graze, we don't need stitches just yet. Keep the faith!  :wine: 049:gif

Good post agree.
STH H3

EJL

I'd like Malone to stay but the guy just can't cross a ball and it's so frustrating.

Lighthouse

I would be very concerned. We would need a replacement. Sess is a wonderful prospect but not yet as good at defending and probably will end up in a more forward position. I hope it is simply rumours.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

love4ffc

Thought Malone did a great job for us and he would be a loss to the squad.  He may struggle with his crosses but he did everything else just fine. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

bencher

He has his weaknesses (if he didn't he would be in the PL already) but I would be looking to keep him. Far exceeded expectations last season.

hovewhite

Big fan of malone and would be suprised if this is true.

valdeingruo

I agree with Danny's points. However, anyone who is approached by us will know that they can get forward too. I like having the option of Sess and Malone both starting because if any switch was needed you just move Sess back
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

filham

Malone was the 1st choice left back last season and he did a good job. Left back has been a problem position in recent years and I would like to see a replacement established in that position before Malone is allowed to leave.

davew

Quote from: Ordar on July 03, 2017, 01:59:11 PM
I'd be very disappointed. I really rate him. Sess is going to be a left winger as his defending is fairly weak, and Malone was outstanding last year.
Totally agree with you!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

We should keep him, he was part of a successful footballing team last season, what is there to be gained by letting him go. Who is to say whoever replaces him will be any better seeing as we don't like spending money.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.