watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scott Malone

Started by Wearethewhites, July 03, 2017, 01:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EastEndWhite

If Malone moves on then we will need a very good left back to replace him.  Sess is not the answer for that position.  As other have said he appears to be better when playing further forward but can be called upon to drop back into that position if needs must.

Carborundum

Scott Malone played out of his skin last season.  The night at Brentford he was unbelievable.   If he never has a season as good as that again, he will have the satisfaction of knowing just how good he could be over a sustained period: very good indeed.  I loved the way he reacted to being dropped for a 16 year old.   If I'm not too disappointed, it's mostly because he's a hard trier who deserves a windfall.

Barrett487

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on July 03, 2017, 10:09:53 PM
Give us Nakhi Wells and I'll call it fair.

Jury's out with me on Nahki. I think he could do well with us, but he was inconsistent last season.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 03, 2017, 06:15:33 PM
Quote from: Newry FFC on July 03, 2017, 05:43:55 PM
Come on guys, some are getting on as if he's a liability

If Scott goes , he will need replaced. No way can Ryan play a full season at LB, he'll be dipped in and out of the team at left back and further forward . Scott overachieved last season for sure with a couple of mistakes, but anyone who doesn't make mistakes won't be playing in this league, that's for sure.
Furthermore, some getting on as if 3m is great business. Just because it's a profit doesn't mean it's great business.  Look at the silly money spent by the premier teams so far. Mooy for 10m ish is just one example. You could easily double that as those clubs are so willing to part with cash. 26 yr old. English. 30 games last season, goal scoring left back, ideal for wing back

Play hardball. It's the cost of what he's worth plus what it takes to replace him.

Well said. There has been some utter nonsense said here.

Malone was our first choice left back over Sessegnon and Odoi.

Sessegnon will be better employed playing further forward. Yes, of course he can cover left back but it is his attacking where his real talent lies.

Why would a PL club supposedly want him if he is a liability? Why would we sell him to a PL club for a pittance (in today's inflated terms)? Why would we sell him now in pre-season without an obvious improvement in place? Malone was part of a settled team (apart from the CB and CF that we all agree are the missing pieces). Why break that up?

Malone and Fredericks brought a lot of energy to the team and picked us up on many occasions. His enthusiasm is a useful asset for the team. Malone is more than capable of being an important part of a team to get us promoted.

Agreed 100%. ⚽️👍
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jonaldiniho 88

Scott was brilliant this season imo. Just to make it clear.

AlexW132

Quote from: Southcoastffc on July 03, 2017, 04:56:00 PM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 03, 2017, 04:04:44 PM
He played really well last season and I do love his song although get it horribly wrong most times I try and sing it. I do agree with a lot of Danny's post. I feel the stars all aligned for Scott last season and think he may struggle to reach the same level this coming season. I don't want him to go and hope I'm completely wrong. I'd be surprised if he wanted to leave as surely he has enjoyed his most successful season with us.
Perfectly encapsulates how I feel.
Yep, agreed. He's hit his peak and even at it he was still a dodgy defender at best.

AlexW132

Quote from: grandad on July 03, 2017, 08:25:27 PM
Wouldn´t accept any less than£10 mil. That covers the loss of his services plus the cost of a replacement. Huddersfield have been spashing the cash so why should we let him go for comparative peanuts.
Sorry but we'll struggle to get anything more than £5m.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: AlexW132 on July 03, 2017, 11:25:31 PM
Wouldn´t accept any less than£10 mil. That covers the loss of his services plus the cost of a replacement. Huddersfield have been spashing the cash so why should we let him go for comparative peanuts.

Why? He was in the team of the season, recognised by the league as one of the best in his position , he is relatively young, we don't NEED to sell, premier league teams have a lot of money, attacking full backs are all the rage and can give a team options in full back or wing back.

AlexW132

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 03, 2017, 11:45:24 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on July 03, 2017, 11:25:31 PM

Why? He was in the team of the season, recognised by the league as one of the best in his position , he is relatively young, we don't NEED to sell, premier league teams have a lot of money, attacking full backs are all the rage and can give a team options in full back or wing back.
There's no way an average Championship LB will be sold for £10m. Not a chance in hell

EJL

Quote from: MaidenheadMick on July 03, 2017, 06:25:32 PM
Quote from: EJL on July 03, 2017, 02:38:03 PM
I'd like Malone to stay but the guy just can't cross a ball and it's so frustrating.

Have to disagree with that comment. A lot of the balls put in by Malone last season were crying out to be put in the back of the net. Frederick's on the other hand was awful with crosses into the box.
I'm sorry but those games were far too rare, especially for someone who crossed the ball more than most others in his position in the league.  He often made up for his wastefulness in wide positions by chipping in with important goals. Obviously it goes both ways and there were games in which Malone put in two or three terrific crosses with no one busting a gut to get on the end.

Fulhamerica23

If he stays, so be it. If he goes, so be it. Don't really have an opinion either way. I think he's replaceable, but if he's in the team sheet on opening day I will not be upset with him as first choice.

Think this is his level though. First choice on a team challenging for a top six spot. Squad player for me in the EPL, or starter on relegation fodder.

Ordar

Unless we are getting a substantial fee for him (5m+)  and/or Wells I see absolutely no reason to sell him. It just opens up another position we'd need to address in the transfer window needlessly

Mince n Tatties

Agree with the Maestro,utter tosh being talked about him, was superb for us.As for his crossing well that's a team thing,none of them can cross a ball.
Is Slava going down the Fergie road move a good player on for profit and get better in,I'll go along with that,but please don't knock a player who was one of our best last season,or maybe some of you would rather we retained Jazz Richards.

toshes mate

Some short memories here.  Both Malone and Fredericks did contribute a fair number of deadly crosses and no player, in the entire history of football, always got/gets the crosses just right.  I hope the whole core squad is retained, unless, as some wiser people suggest, SJ has something/someone better in mind.   

Malone was excellent last season and I don't believe it was a one-off, because he actually improved from a good start.  Yes, he was poor defensively at times, but that was true of some others in the team for a high percentage of our goals against column. 

Lighthouse

Not sure why there is a debate. Have we a better left back that can attack and score as many goals as Malone did last season? If no then can we buy a replacement who is as good. Or will Odoi fill that spot and be as good.

Arguing about Malone being a poor crosser of the ball or that he isn't as good as we think he is or he had a good season that will not be repeated is by the by. If the rumours are true a prem side want him and we will probably need a replacement.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

hovewhite

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 04, 2017, 09:46:51 AM
Not sure why there is a debate. Have we a better left back that can attack and score as many goals as Malone did last season? If no then can we buy a replacement who is as good. Or will Odoi fill that spot and be as good.

Arguing about Malone being a poor crosser of the ball or that he isn't as good as we think he is or he had a good season that will not be repeated is by the by. If the rumours are true a prem side want him and we will probably need a replacement.
A lot of people on this board like nothin better slsgging our players off.

Horsfield_No9

Anyone up for playing the guess the fee game?

I predict Fulham won't announce fee but Hudds will and it will be 2.5m. 
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Jimmy Hill

I like Scott Malone think he has the right attitude, a firm favourite. He is however replaceable and if a big offer comes in I would reluctantly accept, but its got to be worth it. I think he will reproduce his form from last season. The only thing I think might happen next season is fulham could switch to a more orthodox 352  in which case i would have sess in over him.

westcliff white

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on July 04, 2017, 10:10:25 AM
Anyone up for playing the guess the fee game?

I predict Fulham won't announce fee but Hudds will and it will be 2.5m. 
think both teams have to agree to the fee being announced, and as you say FFC dont usually do this nowadays.
Every day is a Fulham day

FulhamStu

It will be between £3 and £5M I would think.  Good money to re-invest we are left with a young left back who would cost £20M if we sold him !