watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scott Malone

Started by Wearethewhites, July 03, 2017, 01:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonaldiniho 88

He played really well last season and I do love his song although get it horribly wrong most times I try and sing it. I do agree with a lot of Danny's post. I feel the stars all aligned for Scott last season and think he may struggle to reach the same level this coming season. I don't want him to go and hope I'm completely wrong. I'd be surprised if he wanted to leave as surely he has enjoyed his most successful season with us.

e4b

I would be sorry to see him go but no doubt we would soon forget about him if we get a good replacement.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 03, 2017, 04:04:44 PM
He played really well last season and I do love his song although get it horribly wrong most times I try and sing it. I do agree with a lot of Danny's post. I feel the stars all aligned for Scott last season and think he may struggle to reach the same level this coming season. I don't want him to go and hope I'm completely wrong. I'd be surprised if he wanted to leave as surely he has enjoyed his most successful season with us.
Perfectly encapsulates how I feel.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

hopper

Thought Malone had a great season, but he could sometimes be a bit of a defensive liability - gave away 2 penalties in one game I think last season. Was it Norwich?

aaronmcguigan

Come on guys, some are getting on as if he's a liability

If Scott goes , he will need replaced. No way can Ryan play a full season at LB, he'll be dipped in and out of the team at left back and further forward . Scott overachieved last season for sure with a couple of mistakes, but anyone who doesn't make mistakes won't be playing in this league, that's for sure.
Furthermore, some getting on as if 3m is great business. Just because it's a profit doesn't mean it's great business.  Look at the silly money spent by the premier teams so far. Mooy for 10m ish is just one example. You could easily double that as those clubs are so willing to part with cash. 26 yr old. English. 30 games last season, goal scoring left back, ideal for wing back

Play hardball. It's the cost of what he's worth plus what it takes to replace him.

grandad

We don´t have to sell anyone unless they are surplus to requirements. Those we need should be priced out of the market.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Roberty

The interesting thing is that we seem to have a whole host of players who are worth more than we paid for them and who other clubs with like to sign - that hasn't been the case for a long time
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

YankeeJim

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 03, 2017, 04:04:44 PM

Good evaluation. He's 26 and until he burst out last season was largely a journeyman. Sad to see him go but if its at a profit....it is a business after all.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 03, 2017, 05:43:55 PM

If Scott goes , he will need replaced. No way can Ryan play a full season at LB, he'll be dipped in and out of the team at left back and further forward . Scott overachieved last season for sure with a couple of mistakes, but anyone who doesn't make mistakes won't be playing in this league, that's for sure.
Furthermore, some getting on as if 3m is great business. Just because it's a profit doesn't mean it's great business.  Look at the silly money spent by the premier teams so far. Mooy for 10m ish is just one example. You could easily double that as those clubs are so willing to part with cash. 26 yr old. English. 30 games last season, goal scoring left back, ideal for wing back

Play hardball. It's the cost of what he's worth plus what it takes to replace him.

Well said. There has been some utter nonsense said here.

Malone was our first choice left back over Sessegnon and Odoi.

Sessegnon will be better employed playing further forward. Yes, of course he can cover left back but it is his attacking where his real talent lies.

Why would a PL club supposedly want him if he is a liability? Why would we sell him to a PL club for a pittance (in today's inflated terms)? Why would we sell him now in pre-season without an obvious improvement in place? Malone was part of a settled team (apart from the CB and CF that we all agree are the missing pieces). Why break that up?

Malone and Fredericks brought a lot of energy to the team and picked us up on many occasions. His enthusiasm is a useful asset for the team. Malone is more than capable of being an important part of a team to get us promoted.

MaidenheadMick

Quote from: EJL on July 03, 2017, 02:38:03 PM
I'd like Malone to stay but the guy just can't cross a ball and it's so frustrating.

Have to disagree with that comment. A lot of the balls put in by Malone last season were crying out to be put in the back of the net. Frederick's on the other hand was awful with crosses into the box.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 03, 2017, 06:15:33 PM
Quote from: Newry FFC on July 03, 2017, 05:43:55 PM

Well said. There has been some utter nonsense said here.

Sessegnon will be better employed playing further forward. Yes, of course he can cover left back but it is his attacking where his real talent lies.

Why would a PL club supposedly want him if he is a liability? Why would we sell him to a PL club for a pittance (in today's inflated terms)? Why would we sell him now in pre-season without an obvious improvement in place? Malone was part of a settled team (apart from the CB and CF that we all agree are the missing pieces). Why break that up?

Malone and Fredericks brought a lot of energy to the team and picked us up on many occasions. His enthusiasm is a useful asset for the team. Malone is more than capable of being an important part of a team to get us promoted.
Agree with both of you

Mince n Tatties

I'd be disappointed if he went,liked what he did last season and his attitude.

grandad

Wouldn´t accept any less than£10 mil. That covers the loss of his services plus the cost of a replacement. Huddersfield have been spashing the cash so why should we let him go for comparative peanuts.
Where there's a will there's a wife

BedsFFC

Quote from: MaidenheadMick on July 03, 2017, 06:25:32 PM
Quote from: EJL on July 03, 2017, 02:38:03 PM
I'd like Malone to stay but the guy just can't cross a ball and it's so frustrating.

Have to disagree with that comment. A lot of the balls put in by Malone last season were crying out to be put in the back of the net. Frederick's on the other hand was awful with crosses into the box.

100% agree. I thought his crossing a real asset. Yes, the odd one went a bit wild but lots were right on the money if we had a traditional striker.
I was surprised by the comments on his crosses

HeinekenFFC

Malone was good for the first few months or so but faded after that. He was ok after that, nothing really special. i thought that he lost the ball too many times in the final third when we tried to pull off one of our intricate passing moves and somehow he'd be the one that would be the player that they try to play through, which only really worked a few times (Ipswich at home). Defensively, he gets caught out way too much, which is probably a fault of our style of play more than it actually is the players. The game against Spurs showed how far off he is from Premier League quality though, alright Eriksen is probably one of the 20 best players in the league, but he just had no idea what to do at all. I think this is a sale we need to make to raise funds and also give Sess playing time or at least to figure out if he can play left back. We'll see what the fee is but I think this is a sale we need to make right when Malone's supposed value is at it's highest (after Cardiff supporters gleefully cheered when we traded Jazz to them).

Also agree with all the comments about his crossing. It's absolutely horrendous. According to whoscored, his accurate crossing percentage worked out at 15%, which is just woeful. You only need to look at Cairney's goal against Reading, all Malone needs to do is hit it across the face of goal and it's probably tapped in by Ayite or Kebano but he hits it straight at Al-Habsi, who we're lucky fumbled it. He's a woeful crosser.

One Martin Thomas

I'll survive and so will we....

Barrett487

[/quote]

I agree with this and i think that Odoi's failed transfer triggered Malone's potential exit. We need funds to manage ffp and get Mounnie, or another striker. Odoi will slip into LB, with Sess carrying on further forward and providing extra cover. It's a cunning plan

OxfordWhite

Quote from: Barrett487 on July 03, 2017, 09:55:45 PM

I agree with this and i think that Odoi's failed transfer triggered Malone's potential exit. We need funds to manage ffp and get Mounnie, or another striker. Odoi will slip into LB, with Sess carrying on further forward and providing extra cover. It's a cunning plan
[/quote]

Agree with both of the above - don't think that Odoi was even that much worse than Malone defensively + Sess will be better going forward.

Barrett487

Huddersfield Town are attempting to agree a fee with Championship club Fulham for full-back Scott Malone, according to a report.

The Whites are said to be willing to offload the 26-year-old if the price is right, 12 months after landing him from Cardiff City as part of a swap deal that saw Jazz Richards head the opposite way.

Sky Sports News claims that negotiations are ongoing between Fulham and Huddersfield for Malone, who started 36 games in the Londoners' run to the playoff semi-finals last season.

Huddersfield have stepped up their recruitment drive in recent days and are also understood to be close to signing two other players familiar with Championship football.

Derby County ace Tom Ince will supposedly join in a £10m deal this week and former Reading midfielder Danny Williams is also wanted by manager David Wagner.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/huddersfield-town/transfer-talk/news/huddersfield-open-scott-malone-talks_301799.html

Fulhamerica23

Give us Nakhi Wells and I'll call it fair.