watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

TalkSPORT on Rolan

Started by Jonaldiniho 88, July 09, 2017, 10:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

I would think we are a very attractive proposition to a player with his background. Hopefully he will see us as ambitious, with a history having been in a european final in 2010 and in central london.
we gave saha a lifeline and he wasn't setting the world alight where he was. I well recall when he was signed many people raised their eyebrows. My info is this player is a real prospect but I personally can't say because I haven't seen him but would think he seems to be the right neck of the woods.

alfie

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 10, 2017, 12:09:24 PM
I just can't see this happening.

I'd absolutely love it too but a striker playing for Uruguay with Suarez and Cavani as competition joining a team in the Championship (albeit the best one) seems unrealistic.
Did anyone ever envisage EVDS playing for Fulham
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on July 10, 2017, 02:03:42 PM

I'd absolutely love it too but a striker playing for Uruguay with Suarez and Cavani as competition joining a team in the Championship (albeit the best one) seems unrealistic.

Let's hope they can pull it off.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JoelH5

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 10, 2017, 06:07:07 PM
Quote from: alfie on July 10, 2017, 02:03:42 PM

Let's hope they can pull it off.

Nope but that's why I said I can't see it happening, not it won't
I was there, standing in the Putney end

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on July 10, 2017, 12:59:23 PM

I would argue why it is realisitic based on the club he plays for.... Are we that arrogant in the UK that we think our second tier has better and bigger clubs in it than Bordeaux ?

Theres nothing arrogant about it. My comment is Stuani was in the Uruguay side when Boro were in the Championship, it had nothing to do with what club he was at. Same for Rolan, if he performs well in the Championship, it doesn't mean hes any less deserving of a national team spot.
Whether its Bordeaux or Barnsley, if youre good enough you're in.

Jonaldiniho 88

It seems like if reports are true he would be happy on the money we would give him, living in London and probably clauses in his contract that allow him an easy move on. The fact that we are waiting until Wednesday for a medical makes me think he could be more happy elsewhere hence not in a rush to sign for us. Nothing I have just said is anything other than an opinion mind you.

Woolly Mammoth

It would certainly be a result if we can secure him, and would show real intent, and certainly a catch for Jok. 
Because all the clubs energies could then focus on the remaining targets. 
As I would imagine there has to be a few more.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 10, 2017, 08:25:47 AM
Quote from: PokerMatt on July 10, 2017, 08:16:37 AM
Every post about a transfer there's one within minutes afterwards taking a dig at the stats man.

Is no-one else bored of that now?

Never ever get bored at having a go at the stats man, he has self inflicted any stick on himself.
I only get bored with people taking a dig at the people taking a dig at the stats man. who has only got himself to blame.
I note that Stats.Boy has now come of age and become Stats. Man so he should expect more knocks.

Baszab

Given the reticence of Marlet and Mitroglou........let's hope he is really keen - otherwise it will be another £10m disaster

Woolly Mammoth

That's the last thing we need in this stage of proceedings.

Never forget your Roots.

Jonaldiniho 88

It's only quoted as £8.8mil so we should be fine ;)