Main Menu

Zamora Signs 4 Year Deal

Started by White Noise, September 10, 2010, 10:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Zamora's New Deal

Friday 10th September 2010

Fulham FC News

Fulham Football Club can confirm that Bobby Zamora has signed a new four year deal with the Club that will see the striker remain at the Cottage until the summer of 2014.

The 29-year-old joined Fulham from West Ham during the summer of 2008 and was an integral member of Fulham's most successful ever domestic season, that saw the Club qualify for Europe following a seventh place finish in the Barclays Premier League.

Zamora's form at Fulham went from strength to strength during his second season at the Cottage, as he fired Fulham all the way to the UEFA Europa League Final in Hamburg. His selfless all round game and outstanding link-up play was rewarded with goals galore, as he finished the season with 19 goals in 48 appearances.

Some of Zamora's European strikes will forever be remembered by the Fulham faithful, including his stunning goals against FC Basel, Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus and Wolfsburg. Once again Zamora has started the 2010/11 campaign in scintillating fashion, with three goals in four games ahead of Saturday's clash against Wolves at the Cottage.

Zamora's form for Fulham has certainly impressed England manager Fabio Capello. On the 11th August 2010, Zamora earned his first international cap for England when he was introduced at half-time during England's 2-1 friendly win over Hungary at Wembley.

Zamora looks certain to gain further international recognition in the future

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/September/ZamoraDeal.aspx#ixzz0z7R0p800

AlFayedsChequebook

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

The Doctor

Fan-bloody-tastic.   :clap_hands:

Should quash a few rumours and mean we can get on with things in relative peace.  Even if someone does want to buy him, they will have to stump up top dollar for his services.  Using the "Carlton Cole" method of player valuation*, I would rate Bob at £50m

*According to West Ham United, 1 Carlton Cole = £12m.  Rightho...

Hazey

Awesome...at this point I would like to acknowledge myself for being brave enough to get a T Shirt with Bobby' sexy mug on it right at the time he turned things around....coincidence???

SYFM!!!

Great work FFC and BZ!
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

Peabody

This is great news. Without wishing to stir up old debates, what a turn around from a couple of years ago when various posters on here and elsewhere were really having a go at Bobby.

Bilet

Great news ahead of the match tomorrow!

White Noise

Quote from: Peabody on September 10, 2010, 11:01:26 AM
This is great news. Without wishing to stir up old debates, what a turn around from a couple of years ago when various posters on here and elsewhere were really having a go at Bobby.

Thats football though isn't it.  :033:

This is Fulham though remember. Now he has got a 4 year deal he will revert to pony forthwith and Marcus Bent wll get a hattrick for Wolves. :doh:

TonyGilroy

The people who matter are being offered and accepting new contracts which presumably means we're making them attractive offers and that they see a bright future for themselves at Fulham.

IMO much more important than being busy in the transfer window.

Hopefully Zoltan Gera will be next.

WhiteJC

anyone know if Bobby's fit for tomorrow? the physio room has him as "Thigh Muscle Strain - TBC"

White Noise

Quote from: WhiteJC on September 10, 2010, 11:14:33 AM
anyone know if Bobby's fit for tomorrow? the physio room has him as "Thigh Muscle Strain - TBC"

David Stockdale said on his twitter feed that Bobby would be involved though I don't think he specifically said he would start but he is, by all accounts, fit to play.

What are you thinking? One goal for each year of the new contract tomorrow??

Lighthouse

Yes that was me and I was unimpressed with a lot of what I saw Etuhu do. BUT BZ changed it around when AJ was injured and he was asked to play a different way. Etuhu has been asked to be a box to box player under Hughes. In other words it is often HOW players are used that is the problem and not the players themselves. I for one will try and remember that next time I question Greenings use to the side.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LBNo11

...as a former detractor of Bobby Zamora's abilities I am pleased to hear of his signing the extension, and hope he keeps up his form. This is good news for the whole team and any of the players whose contracts are due to expire may be influenced by this news.

If it hadn't been for an Amkar Perm player trying to decapitate AJ we may never have witnessed BZ at his awesome best...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Peabody

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 10, 2010, 11:22:27 AM

Yes that was me and I was unimpressed with a lot of what I saw Etuhu do. BUT BZ changed it around when AJ was injured and he was asked to play a different way. Etuhu has been asked to be a box to box player under Hughes. In other words it is often HOW players are used that is the problem and not the players themselves. I for one will try and remember that next time I question Greenings use to the side.

You wanna be careful Lighthouse, they'll be choosing you to be the new England mamager when Fabio goes.

Jimpav

Arrrrrise Sirrrrrrrrr Robbbbbert Zammmmmmmmmora!
(whoaaaaaaaaaa Bobbbbbbby Zammmmmmmmmora)!

Great news and what makes it best is that we seem to be turning a corner from our time as a selling club.

We've held onto Schwarzer, Ethuhu is on a new contract and now Bobby.

Konch has gone but that seemed to be very shrewd business.

Andy Crysell

Very honest, Les.

I too used to think he was a dud.  But what a spectacular turnaround in his performances.

I take my hat off to BZ.............as he's made me eat it!!

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 10, 2010, 11:25:47 AM
...as a former detractor of Bobby Zamora's abilities I am pleased to hear of his signing the extension, and hope he keeps up his form. This is good news for the whole team and any of the players whose contracts are due to expire may be influenced by this news.

If it hadn't been for an Amkar Perm player trying to decapitate AJ we may never have witnessed BZ at his awesome best...

White Noise

I see that Defoe is out for at least 3 months - maybe Bobby will get a run out in the England v France game on 17th November and put in a performance that amkes him undroppable??

Actually, sod England, come on Bob lets have 25 goals this season.

Burt

Thanks Bobby.

Here's to a repeat of last season's form  :beer:

Huge

Nice one Bobby!!
it makes sense really, he has just had twins and to move now would be a pain.
The Dude abides