https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friendly vs Chelsea

Started by St. Andrews White, July 15, 2017, 05:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St. Andrews White

Now this is getting rather embarrassing

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

St. Andrews White

Tayo Edun sent off for an unnecessary foul for his second yellow. 5 minutes to go, 2-1 England and down to 10 men

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

snarks

Quote from: ollienixs on July 15, 2017, 06:40:17 PM
Quote from: Arthur on July 15, 2017, 06:27:26 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on July 15, 2017, 05:51:33 PM
Let's hope Khan senior  051 is there it might sink in that we need to buy quality.

But every club has a limit to the quality of player it can attract - and were a club without a large fan base and no great history for winning trophies, that is currently in the Championship and subject to FFP, in the process of trying to persuade a Uruguayan international striker worth upwards of £7M to join us.

Much as we'd all have hoped to do rather better, the fact is - we don't have to be anywhere near as good as Ch***ea to get out of our league. I don't see the point of having a dig at our Chairman over it.

What were Chelsea before the Russian brought them? A mid table club with a fair sized fan base. Much like man city. Fans are fickle and players are mercenaries.... money buys players and titles and than in turn brings bigger fan base. When the money stops then there may be an issue. FFP is not a problem if you get promoted like Middlesbrough did (I'm not saying that is the right way to go about it ).

They finished 4th the season before he bought them not really mid table

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Yonderwhite on July 15, 2017, 06:43:56 PM
Tayo Edun sent off for an unnecessary foul for his second yellow. 5 minutes to go, 2-1 England and down to 10 men

Come on England. We can do it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

St. Andrews White

Full time.

Final score 8-2

Lighthouse

8-2 final score. Work needed to be close to a championship contender.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

What can we learn from this match ?
We need to get some positives out of it.

Never forget your Roots.

DevonFFC

Quote from: snarks on July 15, 2017, 06:44:17 PM
Quote from: ollienixs on July 15, 2017, 06:40:17 PM
Quote from: Arthur on July 15, 2017, 06:27:26 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on July 15, 2017, 05:51:33 PM
Let's hope Khan senior  051 is there it might sink in that we need to buy quality.

But every club has a limit to the quality of player it can attract - and were a club without a large fan base and no great history for winning trophies, that is currently in the Championship and subject to FFP, in the process of trying to persuade a Uruguayan international striker worth upwards of £7M to join us.

Much as we'd all have hoped to do rather better, the fact is - we don't have to be anywhere near as good as Ch***ea to get out of our league. I don't see the point of having a dig at our Chairman over it.

What were Chelsea before the Russian brought them? A mid table club with a fair sized fan base. Much like man city. Fans are fickle and players are mercenaries.... money buys players and titles and than in turn brings bigger fan base. When the money stops then there may be an issue. FFP is not a problem if you get promoted like Middlesbrough did (I'm not saying that is the right way to go about it ).

They finished 4th the season before he bought them not really mid table

Ok and before than was a few 6th place then it was lower mid. Again those higher places was from spending when One hates was there and he mounted debt in getting them up the table. My point is spending no matter how you look at it will bring you more success than none. Please don't bring up Leicester fluke season.

Deeping_white

Quote from: hovewhite on July 15, 2017, 06:35:44 PM
This has been a game whereby they put out a good strong side,which will tell joka, the khans kline n co that stats are not always the awnser.So this might long term help the khans realise there responseibilty to keeping joka.

They played their first team; the team that won the premier league. Stats or not there is f**k all we could've ever done to beat the best team in the country from last season.

St. Andrews White

In better news...

England U19 are European champions!

Nero

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 15, 2017, 06:49:49 PM
What can we learn from this match ?
We need to get some positives out of it.

we scored a pen

Woolly Mammoth

It's still 11 v 11, a professional outfit should be able to defend as a Unit better than that.
8 goals is a lot to concede against anyone whoever they are.

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 15, 2017, 06:50:16 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on July 15, 2017, 06:35:44 PM
This has been a game whereby they put out a good strong side,which will tell joka, the khans kline n co that stats are not always the awnser.So this might long term help the khans realise there responseibilty to keeping joka.

They played their first team; the team that won the premier league. Stats or not there is f**k all we could've ever done to beat the best team in the country from last season.

But while that is true. We mustn't sit back and say that we are as good as we were last year. We are playing without a forward and a decent centre half. Add a good keeper to the list of first team players we still need and then we can say well we have tried our best to reach the heights of last year or better. But this team isn't close to that yet. Not sure what the point of playing the game was. Other than to tell us what we all already know.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

aaronmcguigan

Bettinelli would have kept a clean sheet 🙃🙃

St. Andrews White

At least we didn't lose to Shrewsbury as Villa did...

Deeping_white

Sunderland also lost 3-0 to St Johnstone so at least we lost to a decent team. Not that there's much point reading into friendlies in the first place.

SouthfieldWhite

Although I'm sure Slav wouldn't of wanted a heavy defeat, at the end of the day it was a training exercise.
I'm sure they have tried things out, I'd rather lose these pre season games than the games that mean more.

Max Headroom

Don't over react....

We didn't have a striker on the pitch, and the central defence was Sigurdson and Djalo.

And no Sessegnon.

And that Chelsea team was the best in the country last year.

Three weeks to go!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 15, 2017, 07:09:11 PM
Bettinelli would have kept a clean sheet 🙃🙃

and clean pillow case !

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Absolute disgrace....Gulf between leagues isn't that big.