more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Today's game

Started by fulhamben, July 29, 2017, 09:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

Re: Button
The boos weren't because he used to play for Brentford, it was because every club has a tiny minority  of moronic fans, FFC included.

Woolly Mammoth

It's moronic to boo any player on your own team and shame on those who did.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

nose

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 29, 2017, 08:08:53 PM

ialaways think that too. whether I like or dislike a player I support him if he plays for us UNLESS he is very lazy or is direputable like peter storey and even then I just groan, but not boo.

SP

Quote from: nose on July 29, 2017, 08:11:31 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 29, 2017, 08:08:53 PM

ialaways think that too. whether I like or dislike a player I support him if he plays for us UNLESS he is very lazy or is direputable like peter storey and even then I just groan, but not boo.

Sure it'll help his confidence no end if he starts against Norwich.

Jonaldiniho 88

Never boo a player. What expletive would do that? I've started playing in goal for my team and started off as a hero. I've let a few slip and it kills me. Having my team or fans boo me would not help. We need to support our players and in doing so make them want to play for US. The fans. As a recent post mentioned, Zamora hated us because of early hostilities. What do these morons think they are achieving by demoralising a player who is trying to help is?

masterhaynes

I didn't realise Arsenal were looking to sell Kaylen Hinds. I remember him playing against our U18 3 years ago against a  Fulham team containing young Opoku, Edun; Nabay, Kait, Della Torre, Adeniran)4 of whom are now on the fringe of first team squad. Fulham were 2-0 up at half time, he came on for the 2nd half playing centre forward and scored two copycat goals turning the game and set up 3rd goal to win it 3-2. He was unplayable even with 2 players closing him down as soon as ball came near him. Both his goals were technically stunning, his strength, vision, pace and movement (all things we are now looking for) you new he was a real talent. His reaction to regularly being fouled, it was often the only tactic to stop him, was so mature, just smiled and walked away each time, no histrionics or appeals just acceptance and got on with game. I thought he must have just squeezed in on age and was 18 only to be told he was only 16!

Unfortunately looking through the Fulham site Video vault the Arsenal match Sept 2014 is showing the next match against Norwich not the Arsenal game?

Pleased to see such a talent progressing so well after missing most of the 15/16 season through injury. He was Wolfsburgs No 32 today played a good 70 minutes  against Fredericks before going off. A young North London kid signing for a German team at 19 just shows his maturity. Strange how a German Bundesliga team can know and recognise his talent and not any English clubs? I bet Steve Wigley would remember him after that display. Shame we didn't sign him, would have only been a cheap development fee.

Andy S

Ridicules to boo your own player. Nobody is deliberately awful. Button's confidence is low and the booing didn't do it any good either. I think he needs to be moved on and given another opportunity elsewhere. Keepers have to have broad shoulders

VicHalomsLovechild

I thought Cisse looked really useful.
My other thoughts were "if you're a pro footballer one of the skills you horn is the ability to know what you're going to do with the ball if it lands at your feet before it lands at your feet" we gifted/lost the ball so often today.
Way back we had two pretty average centre backs Hughes and Hangaland who as a pairing were better than almost any other pairing. Simply because they were rarely more than 10 yards apart. Our centre backs were all over the place today.
We weren't that far behind Wolfsburg today but we lacked a Murphy type chewing out people for their sloppy play.