watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ashkan Dejagah is without a team

Started by terryr, August 01, 2017, 01:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

What are the chances of signing him for one season?
He isn't on contract with anyone and his appearance at the cottage and interview on the offal must have had some objective ( in his mind at least). He still has his place on the Iranian National team.
Why was he dropped by Wolfsburg? He only had a 6 month deal but played well during that time ( though saw limited action)
He was linked to a move to Watford in the 2014 season ( according to Wiki)
He had 19 goals in all appearances in Germany and 6 goals in 49 in England. Though that's hardly prolific, he always struck me as a play maker with good pace.
I think he's 31 so too old maybe?
Any thoughts?

rweller86

Doubt we'd be able to sign him but a top player I would take him back if we could.
@rweller

@jolslover

I reckon he would be a top player in this league if we did sign him but its not realistic.
Probably big wages and hes over 28.
Big fan of him though and if we got it done id be very pleased
STH H3

AlexW132

Wasn't he at the cottage last Saturday? anyway very much doubt it would happen but love the guy all the same. Scored in my first ever Fulham match in 2014.

aaronmcguigan

Can't see any evidence of him "playing well"
He got injured and only came back in May to play 2 sub appearances in the relegation playoff.
There was something about drunk driving in 2016.
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/527749/Ashkan-Dejagah-muslim-footballer-fulham-drink-driving-ramadan

Looking at the dates, he didn't play after this other than reserve games and the relegation playoff

Holders

I think it's nicer to remember him as he was, it doesn't always pay to go back. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

gang

No chance and no thanks. The past is the past because it passed.

Milo

Quote from: gang on August 01, 2017, 03:27:18 PM

You're mental. He'd be invaluable in our squad.

gang

Quote from: Milo on August 01, 2017, 03:32:20 PM

Don't get personal just because we have different opinions.

bog

I always rated him. He was outstanding for his country in the last World Cup as well. I doubt if would come back.

092.gif

Milo

Quote from: gang on August 01, 2017, 03:34:40 PM
Quote from: Milo on August 01, 2017, 03:32:20 PM

Don't get personal just because we have different opinions.

Obviously I don't mean you're literally mental! Just teasing!

But we are bare bones at the moment... Dejegah off the bench could change games! Remember how he used to be the only one trying in the season we went down. He would run past 2-3 defenders on the wing and make chances single handedly.

Honestly don't see how someone wouldn't want that if the salary was reasonable! I know he's a few years older but hardly over the hill at 31 (Ronaldo is around there isn't he?).

MikeW

We have a great couple of years out of Karagounis and I think Deja is younger then when Giougous came.  I'd give him a punt - whole hearted and used properly would be great asset.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

AlexW132

Two Ton Ted

There's a reason why he's without a club at 31.

He could hardly play 45 minutes 5 years ago for us, I can't see how that situation has improved.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

hovewhite

Ashkan brilliant player and attitude and worth a look for sure.

Twig

I think we all rate him, no argument there. Big issue is how fit and healthy he is? His career injury record is not great; not sure how easy he will find it to get another contract - pay as you play contract?

Woolly Mammoth

Injury record is cause for concern, and of course his fitness levels.
But if he could overcome those issues, he would still have a lot to offer, and could do a job.
Plus If Fulham could get him to sign on their terms.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jonaldiniho 88

Way too many areas that need improving before we consider this. If we get a better cb, gk, stk and an attacking lb and still have money then yes. Otherwise I wouldn't bother. Just imagine Aluko, ayite, Kebano, sess, piazon or dejagah. Teams wouldn't have a chance.

Forever Fulham