more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

transfer business done?

Started by nose, August 10, 2017, 10:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luka

Quote from: nose on August 10, 2017, 10:24:26 AM
I think that unless the manager/head coach has a mega rant in public, again, we are probably concluded.

Or am I wrong, do we know that something is imminently about to happen.

Well Slav had a bit of a rant today so we shall see if it makes a difference .....

masterhaynes

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on August 10, 2017, 10:59:30 AM
'midfield is stronger now than last year'

Sorry I can't agree with this assertion, and whole heartedley agree with Filham 'I think the players signed so far are squad players'. Cairney is not fully fit/carrying minor injury, Cisse is not better than Mcdonald, when McD does eventually play he will need time to get up to speed and match fit.

In terms of cover I would have preferred to have Christensen over Cisse, just look again at quality of LC's goals and assists when he was in full flow, many overlooked value of his frequent covering tackles. I cannot see Cisse covering Johansons role either.

The only improvement is that we now have some sort of cover for Cairney in Norwood but he will not start over a fully fit Cairney.Overall we are weaker than last year at the moment, if Cairney gets over his injury/fitness and Mcdonald stays and performs then we will be as strong as last year if we remain injury free.

nose

Quote from: Luka on August 10, 2017, 06:58:49 PM
I think that unless the manager/head coach has a mega rant in public, again, we are probably concluded.

Well Slav had a bit of a rant today so we shall see if it makes a difference .....

I certainly hope so.
Despite a strange clique on here that always saeem to say black is white, the squad is very very thin save for central midfield and small quick wingers.

I only want the best and we still have an opportunity to be virtually unbeatable in this division but our management seem to not make it so. We should have had a full squad before the s3ason started, that was not a problem with an a,bitious management but they remain so inexperienced thinking you can win based on computer algorithms... it's not possible, i think we will he lucky to make top 8, the norwich game suggested that.

fulhamben

Quote from: nose on August 10, 2017, 08:21:50 PM

I certainly hope so.
Despite a strange clique on here that always saeem to say black is white, the squad is very very thin save for central midfield and small quick wingers.

I only want the best and we still have an opportunity to be virtually unbeatable in this division but our management seem to not make it so. We should have had a full squad before the s3ason started, that was not a problem with an a,bitious management but they remain so inexperienced thinking you can win based on computer algorithms... it's not possible, i think we will he lucky to make top 8, the norwich game suggested that.
wouldn't say squad is thin. You might not like certain players but far from thin. 3 goal keepers. 4 CBs 3 full backs with half decent youth backing them up. She'd load of midfield and 2 strikers.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on August 10, 2017, 08:31:33 PM
Quote from: nose on August 10, 2017, 08:21:50 PM

I certainly hope so.

wouldn't say squad is thin. You might not like certain players but far from thin. 3 goal keepers. 4 CBs 3 full backs with half decent youth backing them up. She'd load of midfield and 2 strikers.

I do maintain that the squad is too thin to make a serious challenge for promotion. To some observers, it may seem ok to them, but ok will not seal promotion.
There is still time to address that, but the way the club operate I wouldn't rely on them bringing in a player that will at least strengthen the team.
If the club just brings in a loan player or two who are surplus to another clubs requirements to polish the bench. Then forget any thoughts of challenging for an automatic promotion spot.
We need to sign quality players who will sign for a fee, if the club have serious aspirations.
We are currently very vulnerable to an injury problem to key players and key positions especially at the back.
As we stand now, I very much doubt we are strong enough all over the pitch.
We look top half only, certainly no higher than 7th.
It would not surprise me if more players leave the club, than actually sign for us before the end of the window.
If that occurs, then that will invite more questions than answers, and that may in itself set alarm bells ringing that there is a hidden agenda.
Let's hope not, let's hope it's the incoming door swinging to and fro.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JackHFFC1990

Nowhere near done I fully expect another striker another CB & a LB to come in before the end of the window

Andy S

I don't expect anything. That way I won't be disapointed and if anyone joins us a nice surprise. Anyone that believes that the club quakes in their boots and signs players wholesale any time Slav has a rant is diluded. There is a lot more effort put in to signing good players than that as I think should be quite obvious by now

NJFulham

squad isn't thin, it's just not huge.

filham

Quote from: NJFulham on August 11, 2017, 01:44:47 AM
squad isn't thin, it's just not huge.
Right, a couple of top signings ready to walk into the starting line up would be more welcome than four more squad players.

abfg

We need definitely a left back and a centre forward (as Woodrow appears to be so out of favour) good enough to start games. This has been obvious since Malone left and, well, all of last season as far as the centre forward goes. We are ok for players as the slightly 2 deeper/wider forwards in the 433 (sone, neeskens, floyd and, sigh, Piazon), cm cover seems ok, maybe 1 more squad player needed there. Gk ok, RB ok, CB ok only if Djalo is any good or Madl comes back to some sort of form.

So those two positions are the key, but if we stay the same, not only are we short in certain positions, everyone else will know exactly what to expect of us and exactly how our team will operate. I like consistency but things have to be freshened up or it gets stale. Everyone knows our fullbacks are quick and attacking, and our forwards are tricky and dangerous but can't finish a sandwich. A couple of new players add that unexpected element, especially up top.

Baszab

I have also heard that there will be at least 2 new signings before end of window - but  so late in case we pay over the odds - need to invest to succeed not penny pinch

nose

I heard all this last january
we are about to,
we are trying to
I heard such and such
I hope all of you are correct.

I have zero faith. If the management were serious,a nd they are patently not, the squad would be here already. For those that said the squad isn't thin, if we get a normal crop of injuries/suspensions, and that is more probable than less, we will struggle in all areas except central midfield, and even there we really do depend on the golden triangle being in top form throughout.

Baszab, I hope you are right, but do you know what positions do you think they are looking at. IMO we are at least 5 players light if we are seriously going to push for promotion. we do not have that many 1st team standard players that you would want to rely on long  term.

Barrett487

Any signings for Prem clubs before the window closes could free off existing squad players for loans, or permanent moves. I reckon we my get a couple on the last day.