watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

transfer business done?

Started by nose, August 10, 2017, 10:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

I think that unless the manager/head coach has a mega rant in public, again, we are probably concluded.

Or am I wrong, do we know that something is imminently about to happen.

river phoenix

There are 3 weeks until deadline. Of course it isn`t done, last year we signed 6 players from 10.08. to the 31.08.

A also expect 3 more - CB, LB and a striker.

westcliff white

I believe we have 3 more incomings as of right now. sop don't think we are done at all.

Hope I am right
Every day is a Fulham day

Horsfield_No9

I think we must sign a left back. Can't see this position being risked as it is. I don't see us looking for a centre back so think we are done in that position, midfield is stronger now than last year. We still need a striker but don't trust we will get this done. The latest is again being linked to Callum Robinson of Preston. I think the intention to sign one is there as the 9 shirt is free, just not confident we will get the player we want in.

Prediction

-Left back signed on a perm
-Striker on loan signed on deadline day
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

hovewhite

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on August 10, 2017, 10:59:30 AM
I think we must sign a left back. Can't see this position being risked as it is. I don't see us looking for a centre back so think we are done in that position, midfield is stronger now than last year. We still need a striker but don't trust we will get this done. The latest is again being linked to Callum Robinson of Preston. I think the intention to sign one is there as the 9 shirt is free, just not confident we will get the player we want in.

Prediction

It wouldnt be fulham without the drama of a deadline day signing.

Riverside

Certainly not done . But I do think the remaining signings will be in the last week / day of the transfer window . That's when the pressure moves to the seller to conclude a deal in the meantime they have all the negotiating power . My guess is 3/4 more with a couple of these loans .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJG

Quote from: hovewhite on August 10, 2017, 11:04:30 AM
Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on August 10, 2017, 10:59:30 AM

Prediction

It wouldnt be fulham without the drama of a deadline day signing.
We all secretly enjoying waiting to 11pm to find out what nomad we have signed on loan who's been kicking their heels around in the corridors of Motspur park for 12 hours while our other targets sign for someone else.
Just the views of a long term fan

dannyboi-ffc

Have Fulham ever failed to sign a player after the first game of the season? We always seem to sign someone in the last few days
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

westcliff white

I am with Riverside, think that sums up what is likely to happen, although maybe one before the last week / few days
Every day is a Fulham day

Riverside

BTW The only fans I see that are happy with the window so far are Man C and we know they have not finished yet !! I remain of the view that the window should be slammed shut latest this Friday for the start of the premier league if not last Friday for the Championship start . Every team are still not finished with business and unsettled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJG

Just the views of a long term fan

Roberty

Does anyone think that any other club has finished it's transfer business or are we alone?

Sadly - last minute is the way of transfer windows - in all divisions

Towards the end of the window it is "make your mind up time" for selling clubs and the players - there is no more hanging on for a better deal or an offer from a club in a higher division - if the player is moving on the time is up
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Woolly Mammoth

With approximately 3 weeks left of the transfer window, there is enough time to bring in 2 or 3 maybe 4 players, which we certainly need if we want to stand a good chance, of promotion. I think even the powers to be at Fulham should recognise that.
But then again, they tend to sleep walk far too often for comfort, I sometimes wonder if they invented the word 'coma'. Perhaps I am being too harsh, but that's how I currently see them.
The pattern generally is that the last 7 to 10 days triggers a hive of activity right up until the final seconds, which for Sky Sports is pure theatre.
Nevertheless, what kind of players if any Fulham recruit remains to be seen. It could be anything from Deadwood from a far away League for two Sheep and a goat. A loan signing which will sit on the bench for an eternity. Someone else's throw out.
Or will the club unearth a little Diamond from somewhere for a bargain fee.
Or maybe splash the cash on a player or players that will have that XFactor, and burn the League up.
To do that, the club may need to get the Fat Wallett out again, remove the barbed wire, and security censors, and dust it off.
So the reality is, that Fulham could do anyone of those, or all of them.
We can speculate to the cows come home, but we will know soon enough.
Then we can debate what could be, or what might have been after the window.
But that's another story.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Where there is time there is hope.

Last day of the window rumours of a big signing. With 5 hours to go reports of the big signing plus two others reported at Motspur. Then an hour to go we have confirmation of a loan signing -15 year old midfielder who can play wide and is a replacement for a youth player who has left the club.

30 minutes left and another loan signing. 30 year old who can play left back or right back but has suffered from an injury and needs time to train.

That concludes our business. The big name signing suddenly realised that he wanted to play in Spain and so went off somewhere to hide.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

grandad

Don't forget that non contract players can be signed any time.
Where there's a will there's a wife

fulhamben

Quote from: grandad on August 10, 2017, 04:45:05 PM
are there any decent looking ones left out there though?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: fulhamben on August 10, 2017, 04:52:30 PM
Quote from: grandad on August 10, 2017, 04:45:05 PM
are there any decent looking ones left out there though?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/vertragslosespieler/wettbewerb/GB1

Ibra? Depening on salary perhaps Kirchhoff as CB.

filham

I think the players signed so far are squad players and with the exception of Kamara provide no immediate improvement to the starting line up that finished last season. Also we have lost Malone from last season. Therefore to improve on last season's team we really have yet to make a couple of top signings.

Not much seems to be happening at the moment ,it looks as if we are treading water waiting for the rapid skirmishes that usually take place in the last week of the window.
I think last season we picked up our two most expensive buys in this late period, Sigurdsson and Martin.
Hope we do better this time.

sunburywhite

Still another 3 weeks to go
Don't panic
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

nose

Quote from: sunburywhite on August 10, 2017, 05:31:17 PM
Still another 3 weeks to go
Don't panic

I am panicing just because it is 3 weeks to go.