Bettinelli still missing with injury.
With that in mind I would go

Button
Fredericks Kalas Ream Odoi
                   Norwood
         Cairney        Johansen
Aluko                             Kebano
                    Kamara

Subs - Rodak , Madl , McDonald , Ciise, R Sessegnon , Piazon , Ayite.

Certainly believe we have the quality to get the 3 points & if we can get in a CB, LB & ST of good quality we will be in a good place

Woolly Mammoth

CB, LB & ST, they are the key to a successful season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jurassic Parker

Quote from: Statto on August 11, 2017, 12:43:20 AM
Questions and answer IMO are:

Left CB
Do you play Djalo after his good performance Tuesday?
No. Tempting but not worth the risk yet.

Left back
Do you bring Odoi in for Sessegnon?
Yes. Not doing so would send the message that no matter how bad he plays, Sessegnon is playing all 46 games this year and Odoi isnt getting off the bench, which would be bad for both of them.

DM
Do you bring McDonald back for Norwood?
Yes. If McDonald is fit he has to play. Failing that, Cisse or Norwood? Cisse for me.

CF
Do you start Kamara?
No. After failing to score in 90 mins against a league 2 team you have to say he's not ready.

I really disagree about Kamara, thats a ridiculous way of seeing things. I was at the Norwhich game and when he came.on he was a great big presence, very eager to score and got in great positions, looked determined everytime he touched the ball.

Were you at the Wycombe game may I ask? Or have you watched the full 90 minutes? I wasnt and havent so wont comment on that game but it sounded like a b-team scrappy early league cup game, I wont beat on Kamara because he didnt score on it. Im sure I could find hundreds of cup games of bigger teams vs smaller teams where even the premier league greats didnt score.

wheelerdeeler

I'd start Kamara given Reading's Centre-Back situation. Have him stretch them for 60-65 Minutes and then bring on the fresh legs of Kebano or Ayite or whomever would drop to the bench to start him.

@jolslover

Button
                   Mcdonald
         Cairney        Johansen
                    Ayite

I would go with this and look to bring on Kamara around the 60th min against a tired defence.

STH H3

OMalleyCat

Quote from: @jolslover on August 11, 2017, 12:55:10 AM
                   Button
                   Mcdonald
         Cairney        Johansen
                    Ayite

I would go with this and look to bring on Kamara around the 60th min against a tired defence.
This. But I see Sess getting the start over Odoi.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Jurassic Parker

Quote from: Statto on August 11, 2017, 01:18:58 AM
Jolslover +1

Jurassic Parker I have only two words for someone who calls me ridiculous and accuses me of "beating on" a player just because I don't agree with them

Hello again Statto, I would like to take this oppurtunity to make absolutely clear that I am utterly apologetic for my post. Whilst at the time I thought my vernacular was of a perfectly acceptable tone for a discussion. I now, as I look back with foresight, realise that my language was nothing but aggressive and hostile. The use of the words 'ridiculous' and 'pissing on' are absolutely not okay for use in discussion with someone such as you, a most important man of the Friends of Fulham forum. It was foolish of me to assume that any language of debate that is not the equal of that of the lawyers in the most high court is not acceptable for use on a football forum. I have therefore reworded my post with edited explanations for you:

I really disagree about Kamara, and unfortunately I personally believe that the way which you view this matter is perhaps not the same way that I view this matter; if it is okay with you then I would very much appreciate if I could elaborate on this subject. I was at the Norwich game and when he came on he was a great big presence, very eager to score and got in great positions, looked determined everytime he touched the ball.
Now to explain why I have made mention of my presence at this football game - I mentioned it as a means of leading on to my next point, in the next point I shall question your viewing of another football game. I mean no offence by this, and I do not mean to patronise in this next sentence as I explain my reasoning for this question, but I would like us to be clear. The reason I asked this question is because I have seen (as mentioned) Kamara in action in the game against Norwich. I was curious as to whether you yourself had seen Kamara in action against Wycombe? As we could perhaps compare his performances and understand why eachother may feel differently about this issue. With this in mind I ask,

Were you at the Wycombe game? Or have you watched the full 90 minutes? I wasnt and havent so wont comment on that game but it sounded like a b-team scrappy early league cup game, I wont piss on Kamara because he didnt score on it. Im sure I could find hundreds of cup games of bigger teams vs smaller teams where even the premier league greats didnt score.

Now in this paragraph I must admit I was extremely antagonistic with the use of the term 'piss on Kamara', allow me to explain that I was merely stating that I personally am not going to judge a player based on a game that  I have not seen, I was not in any way insinuating that you were doing so and I apologise for such a misunderstanding. I hope this confrontation does not hinder the becoming of our internet friendship.

Yours sincerely,

Jurrassic Parker

therealjaybee

Sgt Fulham

Jolslover +1

Jurassic Parker I have only two words for someone who calls me ridiculous and accuses me of "pissing on" a player just because I don't agree with them... they rhyme with duck and toff mate

Nonetheless discarding a young new player on the basis of failing to score in one and a half games is pretty extreme. From what I have seen he has the potential to be a very good player at this level, albeit raw at the moment.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Jurassic Parker on August 11, 2017, 01:56:30 AM
Jolslover +1

Jurassic Parker I have only two words for someone who calls me ridiculous and accuses me of "pissing on" a player just because I don't agree with them... they rhyme with duck and toff mate

Hello again Statto, I would like to take this oppurtunity to make absolutely clear that I am utterly apologetic for my post. Whilst at the time I thought my vernacular was of a perfectly acceptable tone for a discussion. I now, as I look back with foresight, realise that my language was nothing but aggressive and hostile. The use of the words 'ridiculous' and 'pissing on' are absolutely not okay for use in discussion with someone such as you, a most important man of the Friends of Fulham forum. It was foolish of me to assume that any language of debate that is not the equal of that of the lawyers in the most high court is not acceptable for use on a football forum. I have therefore reworded my post with edited explanations for you:

I really disagree about Kamara, and unfortunately I personally believe that the way which you view this matter is perhaps not the same way that I view this matter; if it is okay with you then I would very much appreciate if I could elaborate on this subject. I was at the Norwich game and when he came on he was a great big presence, very eager to score and got in great positions, looked determined everytime he touched the ball.
Now to explain why I have made mention of my presence at this football game - I mentioned it as a means of leading on to my next point, in the next point I shall question your viewing of another football game. I mean no offence by this, and I do not mean to patronise in this next sentence as I explain my reasoning for this question, but I would like us to be clear. The reason I asked this question is because I have seen (as mentioned) Kamara in action in the game against Norwich. I was curious as to whether you yourself had seen Kamara in action against Wycombe? As we could perhaps compare his performances and understand why eachother may feel differently about this issue. With this in mind I ask,

Were you at the Wycombe game? Or have you watched the full 90 minutes? I wasnt and havent so wont comment on that game but it sounded like a b-team scrappy early league cup game, I wont piss on Kamara because he didnt score on it. Im sure I could find hundreds of cup games of bigger teams vs smaller teams where even the premier league greats didnt score.

Now in this paragraph I must admit I was extremely antagonistic with the use of the term 'piss on Kamara', allow me to explain that I was merely stating that I personally am not going to judge a player based on a game that  I have not seen, I was not in any way insinuating that you were doing so and I apologise for such a misunderstanding. I hope this confrontation does not hinder the becoming of our internet friendship.

Yours sincerely,

Jurrassic Parker

Bloody brilliant. Had me rolling.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Roberty

We spent good money on Kamara and he needs to play, it's too soon to write him off now

His previous games were 5 and 8 days after he signed for us, so he was pretty much thrown in at the deep-end

I was behind the dugout at the Norwich game and after one of his runs I heard SJ telling Grant and Pereira that he's only been with us for two days - so maybe he didn't actually start training at MP until Wednesday or Thursday - he would presumably need to go back to France to collect some of his belongings

Like Kebano last season, who was also thrown in at the deep end, he's going to need a run of games so that he and the rest of the team are singing off the same hymn sheet

I'm not sure that Sess is really a LB, so it is a good time to try Odoi - that way we can see what we have in our locker before the window closes
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

MJG

Quote from: Statto on August 11, 2017, 12:43:20 AM

CF
Do you start Kamara?
No. After failing to score in 90 mins against a league 2 team you have to say he's not ready.
Too simplistic a view I think Statto.
He had only one real clear chance which he made himself. At times he was more the provider for others than the receiver. He worked hard, linked up well, made some runs which were good but just not picked out.
For me he showed the movement of a proper striker and once he gets used to how we play and the other players, the types of pass they make, where to receive and put the ball for them it might all come together for him.

This is all a long roundabout way of saying I'd start him. He would be very different to what we had to offer Reading last season and where they nullified us pretty much. He gives us that something different. Lets use it.
Just the views of a long term fan

therealjaybee

I think it would be foolish not to start Kamara. How does a striker get confidence and goals without playing minutes!

Deuce

Button
Fred Kalas Ream Sess
Norwood TC Johansen
Aluko Kamara Kebano

No need to swap Button for Bettinelli, even if Marcus would be fit. Its Buttons place to lose now imo.
No need to dropp Sess either. The criticism towards him has been blown out of proportion. Hes 17 and needs to be shown that we/Slav has faith in him. If we do, Sess will greatly reward us on day.
Kamara should start considering hes looked quite promising so far. Still not expecting any miracles from him. We all need to be patient.

No need to rush Kmac into it either, but i'd like to see him get 15-20 min. Hopefully thats the only change we'll do based on how things went last saturday when slav brought on the subs

fulhamben

Quote from: Deuce on August 11, 2017, 10:00:30 AM
Button
Fred Kalas Ream Sess
Norwood TC Johansen
Aluko Kamara Ayité

No need to swap Button for Bettinelli, even if Marcus would be fit. Its Buttons place to lose now imo.
No need to dropp Sess either. The criticism towards him has been blown out of proportion. Hes 17 and needs to be shown that we/Slav has faith in him. If we do, Sess will greatly reward us on day.
Kamara should start considering hes looked quite promising so far. Still not expecting any miracles from him. We all need to be patient.

No need to rush Kmac into it either, but i'd like to see him get 15-20 min. Hopefully thats the only change we'll do based on how things went last saturday.
problem with the it's buttons spot to lose, is that we know it won't take long for him to do something stupid, to do just that.  Might have had a good game against Norwich, but is anyone confident that the mistakes have gone from his game that were evident all last season and again in pre season. I'm not.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

My team
Betts butt or Rodák (really don't care)
Fred kalas Ream sess
Johansen kmac (if fit if not cisse) cairney
Aluko kamara ayite
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

Quote from: JackHFFC1990 on August 11, 2017, 12:23:43 AM
McDonald back training & in the squad

Button
                   Norwood
         Cairney        Johansen
                    Kamara

Button
                   Norwood
         Cairney        Johansen
                    Kamara

Certainly believe we have the quality to get the 3 points & if we can get in a CB, LB & ST of good quality we will be in a good place

Button
                   Norwood
         Cairney        Johansen
                    Kamara

That looks like our best team but play MacDonald from the start and sub him at half time if he is not up to the pace, similarly with Kamara. It would be good to have Sess. on the bench as an impact sub to be used if we are chasing the game with 30 minutes to go.

aaronmcguigan

Not that they were in anyone's line ups but O Riley and Woodrow and playing u23 football today so won't be on the bench tomoro.
Edun is not playing so maybe bench tomoro?

Deeping_white

Button

Fred - Kalas - Ream - Odoi

Kmac (Norwood if not fit)
   Cairney - Johansen

Aluko - Kamara - Ayite

Jurassic Parker

Quote from: Statto on August 12, 2017, 02:20:27 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on August 11, 2017, 03:13:48 AM
Jolslover +1

Nonetheless discarding a young new player on the basis of failing to score in one and a half games is pretty extreme. From what I have seen he has the potential to be a very good player at this level, albeit raw at the moment.

Seems Jokanovic shares my extreme views  086.gif

Ive never been in the Joka out brigade, but making me a fool to forums may be the final straw for me   :005: