more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reading Fans reaction....

Started by FFCpmd, August 13, 2017, 11:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCpmd

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=137883

...reassuringly, some very candid opinions from Reading fans on the referee!

alfie

I think that comment "one our former rejects scored". I think he probably means "one of our former players that was too good for us scored"
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Rhys Lightning 63

I will add that Fulham fans singing "Huddersfield" at the end of the match is the most tinpot thing I've ever seen
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Rhys Lightning 63

Met a decent bunch of Fulham on the way home. They didn't think a lot of us, and felt hard done by the red, but think we're both much weaker this season.

They think Barrow's a real find.

How are they much weaker this year? Correct me if I'm but isn't Malone the only outward transfer of any note whilst they made a couple decent signings?

Sounds to me like you met your standard lot of clueless Fulham fans.
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

nose

Quote from: alfie on August 13, 2017, 11:36:15 AM
I think that comment "one our former rejects scored". I think he probably means "one of our former players that was too good for us scored"

according to radio berks, the man (piazon) was lazy and a bit of a disgrace when he was there and they were mighty suprised he came on under the particular circumstances.  however, the skill in scoring the goal was sublime, and if he recreates that on a more regular basis  that would be a real positive for the season.

Deeping_white

Isn't it funny to see them moan that we parked the bus, something they did 3/4 times we played them last season. Pot kettle black and all that...

nose

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 13, 2017, 11:49:24 AM
Isn't it funny to see them moan that we parked the bus, something they did 3/4 times we played them last season. Pot kettle black and all that...

everyone moans when the opposition park the bus. I don't like it either but sometimes it has to be done!
However, if it's 11 V 11 it's one thing but 10V 11 it is quite another, they should have done better in exploiting the situation.

MaidenheadMick

But for an incompetent ref, it would have been Reading parking the bus, something they're quite used to when playing us. Simple fact is they can't live with us footballing wise and they know it.

hovewhite

Samsara

Any petty bitterness on their threads is mirrored here on this one.

Tabby

Quote from: SWAD on August 13, 2017, 03:27:53 PM
Any petty bitterness on their threads is mirrored here on this one.

Pretty much how it always goes.

:kettle pot:

General

Looks like a rivalry is brewing... let's nip it in the button early doors lads they're feeling bitter as they couldn't beat us with ten men over 90 minutes and we didn't even have our strongest starting lineup playing.

southwest6

Quote from: General on August 13, 2017, 05:44:09 PM
Looks like a rivalry is brewing... let's nip it in the button early doors lads they're feeling bitter as they couldn't beat us with ten men over 90 minutes and we didn't even have our strongest starting lineup playing.

Reading is an irrelevant club. They have no rivals and never will... they are desperate for a rivalry with us. To have a rivalry with reading would be an embarrassment to any club in the country

_Putney_

Quote from: southwest6 on August 13, 2017, 06:03:43 PM
Quote from: General on August 13, 2017, 05:44:09 PM

Reading is an irrelevant club. They have no rivals and never will... they are desperate for a rivalry with us. To have a rivalry with reading would be an embarrassment to any club in the country

agreed, pathetic, boring club they are.

AlexW132

They just want a rivalry because their biggest rivals are a non league team. Nasty fans, boring ground and sh*thouse football

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: AlexW132 on August 14, 2017, 12:52:12 AM
They just want a rivalry because their biggest rivals are a non league team. Nasty fans, boring ground and sh*thouse football
I cannot agree with the nasty fans stuff as I don't really know any Reading supporters and their Board comments aren't much different to some of ours frankly.  But I can say that the game they play against Fulham is unpleasantly cynical and aggressive.  It reminds me of Norwich of a couple of years back - just not remotely close to a fair-minded sporting event.  Lots of underhanded skull-duggery, malodious inteference with opposition players and the referee.  the worst of it is that against Fulham they seem to get away with it and succeed with it.
I wouldn't want to watch them play anybody else so I cannot comment on their performances across the whole season.
Nogood "no wonder rugby is so much more entertaining if that is the ordure on offer, isit" Boyo

love4ffc

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on August 14, 2017, 01:20:08 AM
Quote from: AlexW132 on August 14, 2017, 12:52:12 AM
I cannot agree with the nasty fans stuff as I don't really know any Reading supporters and their Board comments aren't much different to some of ours frankly.  But I can say that the game they play against Fulham is unpleasantly cynical and aggressive.  It reminds me of Norwich of a couple of years back - just not remotely close to a fair-minded sporting event.  Lots of underhanded skull-duggery, malodious inteference with opposition players and the referee.  the worst of it is that against Fulham they seem to get away with it and succeed with it.
I wouldn't want to watch them play anybody else so I cannot comment on their performances across the whole season.
Nogood "no wonder rugby is so much more entertaining if that is the ordure on offer, isit" Boyo
Well said sir, well said  :wine:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Woolly Mammoth

I am just thankful that I support Mighty Fulham and have not had the misfortune of through some quirk of fate and injustice, end up following Reading. It must be very depressing to watch the kind of non football they serve up.
If we do not finish higher than them in the League, in fact much higher than them, I shall eat my Flat Cap.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamfan

They've had more days out at Wembley than us

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamross on August 14, 2017, 11:21:29 AM
They've had more days out at Wembley than us

You are absolutely right, and that to me highlights our shortcomings and lack of success more than theirs.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.