A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

*Poll* Aluko or another striker?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, August 20, 2017, 03:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sell Aluko & buy a striker or keep Aluko?

Keep
42 (33.9%)
Sell to fund another striker
82 (66.1%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Voting closed: August 21, 2017, 03:22:37 PM

Jims Dentist

There would be little point in getting in another striker if he is yet another clone of those we already have (which T Khan & Kline seem to have some kind of fetish for).
Someone who can hold the ball up with his back to goal and who is a bit dangerous in the box would help, even if only used as a plan B.
Right now do we have any options for a plan B?

hovewhite

I am wondering if he played when injured ,because of covering and doing the captains role for the team,if thats the case i apologise for my  comments sone.

FulhamStu

I would swap Aluko for a goal scoring striker, however Ojo and Kebano would have to do a lot better that Tuesday to be adequate replacements, then again we also have Sess, Ayite and Piazon to return.

aaronmcguigan

Honestly don't see why Reading would pay anywhere near 5m for him. Also don't see how they'd afford him or break the bank to get him.
He's the kind of guy who's a no brainer on a free transfer, zero risk deal but no chance are we going to get the silly figures being mentioned for him.

One Martin Thomas

Bored with Aluko now. I think we should sell and move on. We need goals..... and he has got none in him

toshes mate

My big worry about this topic, and the vote, is that it is an illusion to believe the recruitment team are going to get a proven striker solution, with or without decent money being received for Aluko.  If Aluko's goal scoring is unsatisfactory then so is the recruitment team's targeting over the past few years, or is this thread about another last minute Martinesque scenario?  I feel we can do without the panic buys because so many people are happy with our start to the season and our purchases so far and this topic seems a little incongruous.  I'd prefer to buy a presence in the dressing room who can stir up the natives and get them in the mood to do battle, and even a loudspeaker with a recording of Craven Cottage atmosphere at its best would do better than panic buys. 

Whitesideup

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 20, 2017, 05:46:41 PM
Quote from: Whitesideup on August 20, 2017, 05:39:50 PM
Trouble with the question Dannyboi, is that you won't get a striker with a proven scoring record for 4-6 million. Try £15.

So how much did Wednesday pay for Fletcher? I don't know, just curious. How much would Glen Murray cost? Someone along those lines who's been there and done it
Don't know how much Wednesday paid but clearly less than Sunderland did (£12 million) as Fletcher's star had faded. Is he even a regular first choice for Wednesday now? I suspect his form has been seriously affected by injury.

But the point is the cost of a "proven goalscorer". Well let's start with Woods at Leeds  - £15 million to Burnley. What would we have to pay for Abraham? And don't forget how much we paid for McCormack. Today's prices are inflated, and £4 million for Aluko would not get us a proven goalscorer at Championship level.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Whitesideup on August 25, 2017, 09:12:21 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 20, 2017, 05:46:41 PM
Quote from: Whitesideup on August 20, 2017, 05:39:50 PM
Trouble with the question Dannyboi, is that you won't get a striker with a proven scoring record for 4-6 million. Try £15.

So how much did Wednesday pay for Fletcher? I don't know, just curious. How much would Glen Murray cost? Someone along those lines who's been there and done it
Don't know how much Wednesday paid but clearly less than Sunderland did (£12 million) as Fletcher's star had faded. Is he even a regular first choice for Wednesday now? I suspect his form has been seriously affected by injury.

But the point is the cost of a "proven goalscorer". Well let's start with Woods at Leeds  - £15 million to Burnley. What would we have to pay for Abraham? And don't forget how much we paid for McCormack. Today's prices are inflated, and £4 million for Aluko would not get us a proven goalscorer at Championship level.

I said in another thread, if we sell Aluko we need to be looking for a Vardy, Gray, Rhodes type (in status not style) but before they hit the big time. I think missing out on Cummings will come back to haunt us, maybe Bogle now he's in a better team. We could get this up and coming player for under 4m but that wont appease fans who want a ready made goalscorer. This player would be a risk. For every Cummings, theres a Taggart.

With that in mind, I would stick with Aluko, despite his profligacy in front of goal he was still 5th top scorer last year and is a pain in the proverbial for defences.

ffcwickford

Aluko stays - team is better balanced with him in it - he doesn't score as many goals as everyone would like but he is not a striker! Give him a new contract Fulham, as he is an absolute handful for defences in this division and others we have purchased will learn to feed off him. Absolutely stupid to sell him to a rival whatever the price.