Started by rweller86, August 22, 2017, 10:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 22, 2017, 10:49:52 AM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 22, 2017, 10:45:32 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 22, 2017, 10:44:15 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 22, 2017, 10:21:54 AM
Brilliant, he does exist then....Coyw

No, he does not, only the injured version exsists, as part of Klines stats remit consists of only finding players who are currently carrying an injury, that is mandatory and compulsory.

Fonte? Kamara? Cisse? None of them are injured...  1500.gif

Only Fonte played in the last match, the other two must have been carrying an injury, cause why didn't they play, unless Jok didn't think they were good enough.

Kamara also played. Came on for Johansen I think.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 22, 2017, 10:52:00 AM

No, he does not, only the injured version exsists, as part of Klines stats remit consists of only finding players who are currently carrying an injury, that is mandatory and compulsory.

Only Fonte played in the last match, the other two must have been carrying an injury, cause why didn't they play, unless Jok didn't think they were good enough.

Now that you mention it, I think you are right.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 22, 2017, 10:53:22 AM

Cisse was also on the bench and should have replaced Kmac rather than Norwood IMO.

fulhamben

So no option to buy then
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

rweller86

Quote from: fulhamben on August 22, 2017, 10:56:11 AM
So no option to buy then
Not sure if this has been confirmed or not
@rweller

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on August 22, 2017, 10:44:55 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 22, 2017, 10:39:52 AM
Quote from: MJG on August 22, 2017, 10:36:25 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 22, 2017, 10:32:46 AM
TK comments .... "We'll count on Rafa to bring a new dimension to our back line once he returns to play and that's not far off, possibly early autumn, but we will be smart and patient. We have an excellent squad as we stand now and Rafa will make it that much better when he suits up. Come On You Whites!"

Early Autumn, Autumn starts 22nd September so earley Autumn is the forst two weeks of that, we may have a wait to se ehim.
Couple of things. Hes young so gives him a chance to settle into being at Fulham and also living in London without the distraction of a game every 3 or 4 days. If hes ready after training to go from say the QPR game that will be great.
Still going to be good for 30 plus games this season and gives us 3 + players who can no play at LB.
I get that and hopefully it is all ok, just seemed strange to sign someone who is a month or so away from playing
But with the window you can not wait if he really is the guy you want. Would you wait for Messi? ok I know thats extreme example but same point.
Thats a fair point, but was he the guy we wanted all along as we were linked and enquired about several left backs, so some will have doubts.

I dont doubt he is a decent player when fit, but maybe being greedy like most fans as we all want new singings to come in and make an impact straight away
Every day is a Fulham day

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 22, 2017, 10:54:47 AM

Cisse was also on the bench and should have replaced Kmac rather than Norwood IMO.

Agreed 👍
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

westcliff white

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 22, 2017, 11:09:27 AM

Agreed 👍
Chasing a game, Norwood being slightly more offensive made sense to me

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: westcliff white on August 22, 2017, 11:14:14 AM

Agreed 👍

I think that sub was before the goal. Also, from what I've seen Cisse seems to enjoy getting into more attacking positions and hit the post against Leeds. Norwood is a decent passer but I dont think has the same offensive outlet as Cisse.

westcliff white

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 22, 2017, 11:32:03 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 22, 2017, 11:14:14 AM

Agreed 👍

I think that sub was before the goal. Also, from what I've seen Cisse seems to enjoy getting into more attacking positions and hit the post against Leeds. Norwood is a decent passer but I dont think has the same offensive outlet as Cisse.
For me (having watche dhima lot) Cisse is a defensive minde dplayer, Norwood isnt. Even if beofre the goal Norwood for KMac still would have seeme dok to me as we would look to win the game.

But as htis is a thread about Soares we should stick to him

Holders

When recruiting for any position (footballer or cleaner) it's better to get the right person even if you have to wait a bit, rather than settle for someone who's less up to it. It's a long season and class shows out in the end.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

gang

Mitroglou Syndrom?

westcliff white

Quote from: Holders on August 22, 2017, 11:34:59 AM
When recruiting for any position (footballer or cleaner) it's better to get the right person even if you have to wait a bit, rather than settle for someone who's less up to it. It's a long season and class shows out in the end.
Just to calrify I do not disagree, wa sjust surprised given we got rid of a left back and assumed (I am guessing like most others) we would sign a replacement he could start rather than needing to wait for him. Hopefully he doesnt suffer any reoccurance

hovewhite

Welcome rafa to fulham fc.
Think this will be a good signing and well done Shad for the financing of these players.onwards and upwards,coyw

Holders

Quote from: westcliff white on August 22, 2017, 11:36:13 AM
Quote from: Holders on August 22, 2017, 11:34:59 AM
Just to calrify I do not disagree, wa sjust surprised given we got rid of a left back and assumed (I am guessing like most others) we would sign a replacement he could start rather than needing to wait for him. Hopefully he doesnt suffer any reoccurance

Agreed. One would have expected someone to be lined up before Malone went (personally I don't understand that) and Pounje was, but turned us down, I understand. Thankfully we've had cover but it does seem a  while to wait till maybe early October when Soares can play. Nevertheless, better a good player than a makeweight like we've so often had in the past.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

westcliff white

i am just hoping it doesnt turn out like Garbutt, everyone saying he was good, but didnt live up to those expectations. I know nohting about the lad so hoping somone has seen him play a few times and can give a considered view

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: westcliff white on August 22, 2017, 12:01:16 PM
i am just hoping it doesnt turn out like Garbutt, everyone saying he was good, but didnt live up to those expectations. I know nohting about the lad so hoping somone has seen him play a few times and can give a considered view

If the rumours of Liverpool being interested were true (and Soares did talk about it in interviews so must have been some truth to this) then he is certainly a coup. I wonder if he'll be similar to Stafylidis who had a great pedigree, didn't end up excelling with us (though i thought until the end of the season he did alright) yet has gone on to have a decent career.

westcliff white

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 22, 2017, 12:04:30 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 22, 2017, 12:01:16 PM

If the rumours of Liverpool being interested were true (and Soares did talk about it in interviews so must have been some truth to this) then he is certainly a coup. I wonder if he'll be similar to Stafylidis who had a great pedigree, didn't end up excelling with us (though i thought until the end of the season he did alright) yet has gone on to have a decent career.
People being interested counts for nothng, Man Utd and Arsenal were alledgedly interested in Hangeland but that never came about so he came to us, turned out alright that one, but then on the other side Inter Milan were interested in Marlet and he came to us didnt turn out too good (not to bad but not too good either).

Perfomances matter and thats why i was wondering if anyone had seen him play a few times

JoelH5

So much negativity on here!!

Liverpool were looking to sign him last year. I think it's an excellent bit of business.

Yes he is injured but it's not the end of the world. We're obviously confident he will be back to normal soon or wouldn't have signed him.

Great bit of business for a position we were in desperate need.

Let's look at the stand out points of this window. We were seen as the best footballing side in the league last year so our players were obviously a target.

Managed to resign Cairney and Sessegnon
Got Kalas and Piazon back
Signed Cisse as a KMac backup (who looks good)
Norwood for a TC and Johansen backup (who looks good)
Now replaced Malone with a great player IMO (Soares). (and for the record... Porto would competently turn us over).
Signed a pacey winger Ojo
Signed Kamara (strong, pacey)
Signed Fonte (technically very strong)

I for one couldnt have realistically hoped for more.

As well as this, Odoi seems a lot better this year so far and Button is playing out of his skin!!

Dont let a few bad results (which are bound to happen with so many new additions and injuries) reflect poorly on our window.

I think the club have done outstandingly well. Once we have the team fit again and players have had time to gell we look one of, if not the strongest in the league.

081.gif
I was there, standing in the Putney end

PokerMatt

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 22, 2017, 12:20:02 PM
So much negativity on here!!

Liverpool were looking to sign him last year. I think it's an excellent bit of business.

Yes he is injured but it's not the end of the world. We're obviously confident he will be back to normal soon or wouldn't have signed him.

Great bit of business for a position we were in desperate need.

Let's look at the stand out points of this window. We were seen as the best footballing side in the league last year so our players were obviously a target.

Managed to resign Cairney and Sessegnon
Got Kalas and Piazon back
Signed Cisse as a KMac backup (who looks good)
Norwood for a TC and Johansen backup (who looks good)
Now replaced Malone with a great player IMO (Soares). (and for the record... Porto would competently turn us over).
Signed a pacey winger Ojo
Signed Kamara (strong, pacey)
Signed Fonte (technically very strong)

I for one couldnt have realistically hoped for more.

As well as this, Odoi seems a lot better this year so far and Button is playing out of his skin!!

Dont let a few bad results (which are bound to happen with so many new additions and injuries) reflect poorly on our window.

I think the club have done outstandingly well. Once we have the team fit again and players have had time to gell we look one of, if not the strongest in the league.

081.gif

Hear hear. If anyone's claiming our squad isn't better then they're just plain wrong.
Follow me: @mattdjourno