Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 22, 2017, 01:59:35 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 22, 2017, 12:48:13 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on August 22, 2017, 12:34:03 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 22, 2017, 12:30:09 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on August 22, 2017, 12:20:02 PM
So much negativity on here!!

Liverpool were looking to sign him last year. I think it's an excellent bit of business.

Yes he is injured but it's not the end of the world. We're obviously confident he will be back to normal soon or wouldn't have signed him.

Great bit of business for a position we were in desperate need.

Let's look at the stand out points of this window. We were seen as the best footballing side in the league last year so our players were obviously a target.

Managed to resign Cairney and Sessegnon
Got Kalas and Piazon back
Signed Cisse as a KMac backup (who looks good)
Norwood for a TC and Johansen backup (who looks good)
Now replaced Malone with a great player IMO (Soares). (and for the record... Porto would competently turn us over).
Signed a pacey winger Ojo
Signed Kamara (strong, pacey)
Signed Fonte (technically very strong)

I for one couldnt have realistically hoped for more.

As well as this, Odoi seems a lot better this year so far and Button is playing out of his skin!!

Dont let a few bad results (which are bound to happen with so many new additions and injuries) reflect poorly on our window.

I think the club have done outstandingly well. Once we have the team fit again and players have had time to gell we look one of, if not the strongest in the league.

081.gif
dont think it is negative to be sceptical untill you have seen someone play overall so far its been a decnt window qwithout signing a big name player. I wonder though if Liverpool were interested (are there any facts on that?) why they didnt sign him

We're in the Championship. Who classes as a big name player? It's all relative. Big name often means over priced

Is Norwood a big name player? Sure he was a squad player but he got automatic promotion from this league last year.
Did I say I wanted one? I said without signing one (and for clarity to me that would be an established player from a mid to lower premier league club who had been replaced by a new signing there).

For me you dont need to go that way and I am happy with out signings, I was just saying (which I thought wa spretty clear) if anyone had seen him play sa few times so they could say what he was like (papers are often worng), and wondering why Liverpool (if they were interested) didnt sign him, maybe there was an issue aside his injury, again I thought that was pretty clear.

Bit aggressive there buddy. No need :)
nope refute that 100%, not agressive at all, just saying did I say we needed one

would suggets your not so touchy
Every day is a Fulham day

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 22, 2017, 12:20:02 PM
So much negativity on here!!

Liverpool were looking to sign him last year. I think it's an excellent bit of business.

Yes he is injured but it's not the end of the world. We're obviously confident he will be back to normal soon or wouldn't have signed him.

Great bit of business for a position we were in desperate need.

Let's look at the stand out points of this window. We were seen as the best footballing side in the league last year so our players were obviously a target.

Managed to resign Cairney and Sessegnon
Got Kalas and Piazon back
Signed Cisse as a KMac backup (who looks good)
Norwood for a TC and Johansen backup (who looks good)
Now replaced Malone with a great player IMO (Soares). (and for the record... Porto would competently turn us over).
Signed a pacey winger Ojo
Signed Kamara (strong, pacey)
Signed Fonte (technically very strong)

I for one couldnt have realistically hoped for more.

As well as this, Odoi seems a lot better this year so far and Button is playing out of his skin!!

Dont let a few bad results (which are bound to happen with so many new additions and injuries) reflect poorly on our window.

I think the club have done outstandingly well. Once we have the team fit again and players have had time to gell we look one of, if not the strongest in the league.

081.gif

THIS.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Chutney

By all accounts a very good attacking full back, shame about the injury, look forward to seeing him in a Fulham shirt!
C O Y W

ffcannom

Quote from: westcliff white on August 22, 2017, 01:27:07 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 22, 2017, 01:20:25 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 22, 2017, 01:14:26 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 22, 2017, 01:13:10 PM
Quote from: ffcannom on August 22, 2017, 01:05:45 PM
is he supposed to be cover for young Sess? or do you guys think this is an  indication of Sess possibly leaving?

Well Soares cant play until September anyway and will need to time to adapt so Sess wont be leaving in the next 10 days (as much as Sky is trying to sell him for us). After that it'll be a similar situ to Malone/Sess last season. Sess is only 17 so will need to be rested and not overused and will also play LW ahead of Soares in other games. Both will get minutes.

If anyone leaves it'll be Aluko (not that i think it's the right decision as I've mentioned elsewhere).
Agree re Aluko, wouldnt rule out Sess. someone offers silly money all upfront the club will (and probably rightfully) will take it. As long as we can get a replacement in the same time

Anything 25-30m+ (as the Nigeria website quoted) especially upfront should be taken. Sess could be the next Bale, he could also be the next Dale Jennings (who? exactly). We also have his twin to blood and flog in the future. As we say in sales, double bubble *vomits*

As I've said before, I don't see it happening.
That may come back and bite you, not saying it will, but to coin an adage its a funny ole game

I am not overly worried about spurs as I half expect it, Man Utd there sone to conjour they could bid high all up front offe rplayers and also loan back. That may be too good for us with any combinaiton that they could offer

good points all around here - thanks boys!

i do hope Sess stays for the whole season at least. I must say I was a bit shocked to learn that its possible to bid for players that have just singed a contract with their clubs (Spurs I am talking about, i hope we gave him a big buy out clause, £25/£35m sounds fair. he will only be sold for another £75 more at least). Sess as LW sounds good, but also a slight worry as in how many games he will get in that pos.

no idea why Aluko would want to join Reading. Our chances of going up are just as good.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Chutney on August 22, 2017, 02:29:27 PM
By all accounts a very good attacking full back, shame about the injury, look forward to seeing him in a Fulham shirt!

Yes, let's hope he is still not in rehab before the season finishes.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

If that was him on Cottage Veranda last night watching the game,I should think he was saying to himself,! What have I done here,this lot will never reach the premier!

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 23, 2017, 08:15:40 AM
If that was him on Cottage Veranda last night watching the game,I should think he was saying to himself,! What have I done here,this lot will never reach the premier!

Good job he'd have known it was the second strong side then...