more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Soares Signs

Started by rweller86, August 22, 2017, 10:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rweller86

Soares Signs

The Club is delighted to announce the arrival of Rafa Soares on a season-long loan deal from Porto.

Fulham fought off two major European clubs for Soares' services, with the player keen to test himself in English football.

The 22-year-old left-back took in a similar spell with top flight Rio Ave last term, whom he helped to a seventh placed finish, narrowly missing out on a UEFA Europa League spot by a point.

He played 32 times in the league and contributed three goals, along with five assists. It followed his first taste of senior football when he spent the second half of the 2015/16 campaign with fellow Primeira Liga outfit Académica Coimbra.

A regular for Portugal's youth teams, Soares has amassed an impressive 72 caps from Under-16 to Under-21 level. Most of his appearances came for the Under-19s for whom he scored twice in 30 appearances, but he has also been selected nine times at Under-21 level.

Soares is currently recovering from an ankle injury and will return to training after the September international break.

Tony Khan, Vice Chairman and Director of Football Operations, said: "Rafa was worth the effort to pursue and, once he steps onto the pitch, our supporters will also see that he is worth the wait.

"We were well aware of his injury during the recruitment process and are more than comfortable moving ahead, as Rafa's talent and body of work as a defender speaks for itself, as evidenced by the interest and buzz around him this summer.

"We'll count on Rafa to bring a new dimension to our back line once he returns to play and that's not far off, possibly early autumn, but we will be smart and patient. We have an excellent squad as we stand now and Rafa will make it that much better when he suits up. Come On You Whites!"

Speaking to fulhamfc.com at Motspur Park after putting pen to paper, Soares said: "I'm very happy.

"I came here to help the Club achieve its goals this season and I hope to experience a lot and do a good job. I have ambitions to improve myself too, and help the Club to have a good season.

"I had other options, other clubs were interested in me, but the way Fulham acted, I was decisive that I wanted to come here, and I think it's the right time to be here.

"Fulham has a reputation of a Premier League club and this season I want to help put the Club back in the place it belongs."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/august/22/soares-signs
@rweller

Milo

Lighthouse

Brilliant. A player who will not be available because of an ankle injury that hopefully will be fine after the International break. Could we really not find a player who was fit now.  :dead horse:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mince n Tatties

Brilliant, he does exist then....Coyw

Milo

Player himself said it was the way Fulham acted that brought him here. Can't argue with that. Does seem a big coup for what appears to be a premiership quality player.

Shame about the initial injury but perhaps too many new faces on the pitch at once may cause it's own problems so this might naturally stagger their integration.

I note T Khan mentioned we now have an excellent squad that signifies to me our business might be done. Mind you... 2 exciting young strikers and a left back... they've certainly dug their hands into their pockets this year and we have everything we wanted!

Dare we dream for a quality CB purchase or is that just being spoilt?

rweller86

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 22, 2017, 10:20:14 AM
Brilliant. A player who will not be available because of an ankle injury that hopefully will be fine after the International break. Could we really not find a player who was fit now.  :dead horse:
Might be why the announcement took longer as the medical might have been a little longer based on this injury.
@rweller

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: rweller86 on August 22, 2017, 10:24:20 AM
Might be why the announcement took longer as the medical might have been a little longer based on this injury.

Apparently trying to sew his toes back on...Coyw

Rambler

News on loan with a view to a permanent buy?

We now have quite a few loan players in the squad. This is just an observation not a criticism. It does mean that at the end of the season we will have quite a few holes in the squad to fill in.

Marcel_Gecov

He's missing one league game mate

westcliff white

TK comments .... "We'll count on Rafa to bring a new dimension to our back line once he returns to play and that's not far off, possibly early autumn, but we will be smart and patient. We have an excellent squad as we stand now and Rafa will make it that much better when he suits up. Come On You Whites!"

Early Autumn, Autumn starts 22nd September so earley Autumn is the forst two weeks of that, we may have a wait to se ehim.
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on August 22, 2017, 10:32:46 AM
TK comments .... "We'll count on Rafa to bring a new dimension to our back line once he returns to play and that's not far off, possibly early autumn, but we will be smart and patient. We have an excellent squad as we stand now and Rafa will make it that much better when he suits up. Come On You Whites!"

Early Autumn, Autumn starts 22nd September so earley Autumn is the forst two weeks of that, we may have a wait to se ehim.
Couple of things. Hes young so gives him a chance to settle into being at Fulham and also living in London without the distraction of a game every 3 or 4 days. If hes ready after training to go from say the QPR game that will be great.
Still going to be good for 30 plus games this season and gives us 3 + players who can no play at LB.
Just the views of a long term fan

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on August 22, 2017, 10:36:25 AM

Couple of things. Hes young so gives him a chance to settle into being at Fulham and also living in London without the distraction of a game every 3 or 4 days. If hes ready after training to go from say the QPR game that will be great.
Still going to be good for 30 plus games this season and gives us 3 + players who can no play at LB.
I get that and hopefully it is all ok, just seemed strange to sign someone who is a month or so away from playing

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: westcliff white on August 22, 2017, 10:39:52 AM

I get that and hopefully it is all ok, just seemed strange to sign someone who is a month or so away from playing

To me this almost guarantees Sess is going no where until at least Jan. Otherwise we are leaving ourselves massively exposed. I could see Edun going on loan however before end of the summer.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 22, 2017, 10:21:54 AM

No, he does not, only the injured version exsists, as part of Klines stats remit consists of only finding players who are currently carrying an injury, that is mandatory and compulsory.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

But with the window you can not wait if he really is the guy you want. Would you wait for Messi? ok I know thats extreme example but same point.
Just the views of a long term fan

Milo

Oh absolutely.. not ideal WW. But for the quality of player it's still a good season signing! Odoi is in good form and can fill LB in the meantime.

Good things come to those who wait :)

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 22, 2017, 10:44:15 AM

No, he does not, only the injured version exsists, as part of Klines stats remit consists of only finding players who are currently carrying an injury, that is mandatory and compulsory.

Fonte? Kamara? Cisse? None of them are injured...  1500.gif

Woolly Mammoth

That would be far too sensible.

Never forget your Roots.

westcliff white

Quote from: Milo on August 22, 2017, 10:45:25 AM

Oh absolutely.. not ideal WW. But for the quality of player it's still a good season signing! Odoi is in good form and can fill LB in the meantime.

Good things come to those who wait :)
I am not debaing he is good (although we are yet to see that, just seemed strange to sign someone who is 4-6 weeks away from playing. Odoi is able to play there and is on form so we are fortunate in that way yes.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 22, 2017, 10:45:32 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 22, 2017, 10:44:15 AM

Fonte? Kamara? Cisse? None of them are injured...  1500.gif

Only Fonte played in the last match, the other two must have been carrying an injury, cause why didn't they play, unless Jok didn't think they were good enough, or fit enough, so why sign them.

Never forget your Roots.