watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Celebrity Game for Grenfell #GAME4GRENFELL

Started by love4ffc, August 30, 2017, 05:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

The official Fulham Website is helping to advertise for an upcoming event to help the people of Grenfell.  Sounds like a great event for a great cause.  For more info check out the link below. 

http://www.game4grenfell.com/

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Fulham Joe

As much as it was a tragedy, they've carried too many chips on their shoulders in the days gone by for this to interest me.
My sympathy hasn't lasted the course.

Whitesideup

Sorry, but I really don't understand why more money is needed. Sympathy yes, especially for those who lost loved ones. But I really don't get the money angle.

Riversider

SP

In the Standard (I think) the other day, they were touting Ben Cohen as a celebrity Fulham fan in their Q&A. Clearly he has family links to the club but admitted to attending only 4 games.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Whitesideup on August 30, 2017, 08:25:31 PM
Sorry, but I really don't understand why more money is needed. Sympathy yes, especially for those who lost loved ones. But I really don't get the money angle.

Neither do I.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham Joe on August 30, 2017, 06:04:19 PM
As much as it was a tragedy, they've carried too many chips on their shoulders in the days gone by for this to interest me.
My sympathy hasn't lasted the course.

Agree
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

I'm not sure how much money is needed to fund accommodation for the survivors of Grenfell but there are other things as well such as treatment for trauma where it is needed. work out how much it would cost to replace every piece of furniture in your home as well as your clothes. Some of the people have been moved away from where they work yet still need to live. This all costs money. I'm sure that nobody will get more than they are entitled to and any left over will go to another worthy cause. I think if it had been me I would have been shouting very loudly. There is no time for a stiff upper lip in such circumstances

Marcel_Gecov

My heart goes out to those affected. But the sorry affair has been hijacked by wrong'uns for their own nefarious reasons.

love4ffc

As most of you know I do not live in the UK so do not always know the politics or the daily in and out of the news.  Apologies for posting this to those who see it as being wrong.  I was thinking only of the victims of this tragic event and the horror of what they have had to endure. 

I do not know what has been spent by local of federal governments.  I have though made a donation as I do think it is a good cause.  My donation may not be much but hopefully helps in some small way. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Slaphead in Qatar

If some of the people on this thread are ever involved in a tragedy, I hope they are shown more empathy than they're showing here.

Fulham Joe

The other thing about this, is this faulty fridge cobblers.
I've heard from a very reliable source that it was not down to a faulty fridge.

cmg

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 31, 2017, 08:14:31 AM
If some of the people on this thread are ever involved in a tragedy, I hope they are shown more empathy than they're showing here.

Hear, hear.

Some absolutely gobsmacking replies on here.

cmg

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 02, 2017, 08:10:57 PM
Two wrongs don't make a right. Doesn't matter who was in the building legally or not. Doesn't matter if it was a fridge or a conspiracy. Those things don't matter now.

By feeling bitter about the ones who shouldn't have been there or are fighting for the wrong things you are just as bad as them. You're turning a blind eye to all those children and innocent normal citizens of our country who were killed in the most terrifying way.

How much money is raised doesn't come into it. No amount of money could ever replace what most of those affected have lost or will suffer in the future. No amount of money will bring those children back. There was even a FULHAM fan who died for goodness sake!

These matches and moments of togetherness will help these people to get over this tragedy. One step at a time but it must be nice to see so many big names come together to support you, it must help.

Fair play to all involved and to QPR. PR stunt perhaps? If you want to look for the bad. Lovely gesture by another family club......thats how I'm seeing it tonight (and I hate QPR!)

I agree 100% with this.  065.gif

Logicalman

Got to agree there Dannyboi, no matter if some urchin does try to make a couple of extra quid on the handouts, the people who were there, and their close family, are the victims in all this, and no amount of money raised, or even given, will replace those lost or the trauma they experienced. Material compensation often only helps, not repairs the damage done, it will take years for some of them to reach some level of acceptance, and many are unlikely to ever get there. The fund should go towards continued support for those people.

There are those that need to step up and take responsibility for this tragedy, and they will get theirs, one way or another, but for ANY club, corporation or group to step up and arrange such a thing, is only good, and shows both empathy and respect.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: cmg on September 02, 2017, 08:33:05 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 02, 2017, 08:10:57 PM
Two wrongs don't make a right. Doesn't matter who was in the building legally or not. Doesn't matter if it was a fridge or a conspiracy. Those things don't matter now.

By feeling bitter about the ones who shouldn't have been there or are fighting for the wrong things you are just as bad as them. You're turning a blind eye to all those children and innocent normal citizens of our country who were killed in the most terrifying way.

How much money is raised doesn't come into it. No amount of money could ever replace what most of those affected have lost or will suffer in the future. No amount of money will bring those children back. There was even a FULHAM fan who died for goodness sake!

These matches and moments of togetherness will help these people to get over this tragedy. One step at a time but it must be nice to see so many big names come together to support you, it must help.

Fair play to all involved and to QPR. PR stunt perhaps? If you want to look for the bad. Lovely gesture by another family club......thats how I'm seeing it tonight (and I hate QPR!)

I agree 100% with this.  065.gif

Deleted it because as a mod I didn't want to get involved in the end but too late now lol. Glad you agree lol
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

BedsFFC

Some comments on here that don't sound like anything from any Fulham fan I've ever known

Jonno

Im utterly gobsmacked by the first few replies in here. Not about the money but by the utter lack of sympathy for what these people went through. Have a word with yourselves.