watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So, how long has Slav got?

Started by Robbie, September 17, 2017, 12:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Before you throw a rock, the reality is that there is something wrong with our game management/set up. 

Way too sloppy in defense, sometimes bizarre starts and subs. Players repeatedly making bad decisions (hogging the ball in the box, trying Barcelona style flicks that never work). Any set piece is a total waste of time. Predictable game strategy and style (pretty passing does not win games).

We have a good squad that is not being managed well.

We have four tough games coming up, 6 points is the minimum for me.

hovewhite

Think he will get as long as he wants as you dont become  a bad coach over 1 or 2 games.

Wearethewhites

You are right, you will get many rocks thrown at you for this post, however, I feel it should be free to discuss.

Where Slavisa is concerned, this is new territory for him, the longest he has spent at any Club, and based on last season, his tactics and everything seems exactly the same.

For me, and regardless of what business we did in the summer, I feel that teams have now found us out, and set their selves up against us, in a way to deal with Slavisa's type of football - Burton were a prime example, and young Clough executed it well.

We still can't change a game to suite playing physical, well drilled sides like Burton. When games are not going our way, we still don't have a plan B, or Slav is to stubborn to change it. We are still seeing odd lineups, strange substitutions, and hissy fits when things don't go his way.

Don't get me wrong, his football is pleasing on the eye, exciting to watch, but when you have a second season of players not being clinical, because they don't just become un-clinical like that, you have to question what he and his coaches are doing during the week at training.

Did we have the best of summers again? For me, personally no, yes we retained Sess and Cairney, who I'd like to add, are not new blood, but, Slavisa still has a very talented squad to hand, and for whatever reason(s) they are just not doing it.

After the successes of last season, and all the hype around Slavisa, I expected us to pick up where we left off, and I don't buy all this rubbish about losing Malone and Aluko as a setback. Both are, and should be easily replaceable in any squad.

So, the question being, how long does he have left? Loses the next 2 and he could be under pressure, but can't see the board sacking him any time before Christmas.

Prediction: He will leave for for another Club.         

AlexW132

Problem is the board won't sack him for fear of losing the fanbase

AlexW132

In other news, I read on Sky we're monitoring Oscar Garcia, St Etienne's manager in case Slav leaves.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: AlexW132 on September 17, 2017, 01:11:21 PM

Don't buy that, he is not as popular as you think he is, a lot of fans don't like him as a person, or his style. If you did get rid of him and replaced with someone say like Karanka, I think you'd keep the fans happy.

Football is a results games, and as soon  fans stop getting that, they will turn. I think its more about Slavisa keeping the fans happy.

AlexW132

Quote from: Wearethewhites on September 17, 2017, 01:14:24 PM

Don't buy that, he is not as popular as you think he is, a lot of fans don't like him as a person, or his style. If you did get rid of him and replaced with someone say like Karanka, I think you'd keep the fans happy.

Football is a results games, and as soon  fans stop getting that, they will turn. I think its more about Slavisa keeping the fans happy.
Disagree, if you see the number of fans wearing Slavisa T-Shirts, the anti-khan and pro-slav sentiment on the Facebook group you'll realise just how besotted our fans are with him, Granted, they don't represent the entire fanbase, but I always read 'best manager since Hodgson/tigana' etc. Given the lengths Tony Khan went to getting Slavisa on a new contract, you'd think he'd be hesitant to get rid of him already.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Robbie on September 17, 2017, 12:32:42 PM
Before you throw a rock, the reality is that there is something wrong with our game management/set up. 

Way too sloppy in defense, sometimes bizarre starts and subs. Players repeatedly making bad decisions (hogging the ball in the box, trying Barcelona style flicks that never work). Any set piece is a total waste of time. Predictable game strategy and style (pretty passing does not win games).

Don't be ridiculous. He's earned our trust after massively overachieving last season. Honestly the fickleness of some fans is depressing.

@jolslover

Quote from: AlexW132 on September 17, 2017, 01:12:18 PM
In other news, I read on Sky we're monitoring Oscar Garcia, St Etienne's manager in case Slav leaves.

That is great news. The only manager that comes close to Slavisa in terms of style of play we could get.
He would be my pick if Slavisa left but anyone calling for Slavisas head now is mad.
Would like Karanka aswell.
STH H3

Bassey the warrior

Are you mad? Karanka plays the most negative football ever whilst Jokanovic plays adventurous and stylish attacking football. Thank god you're not in charge.

@jolslover

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on September 17, 2017, 01:48:41 PM

Are you mad? Karanka plays the most negative football ever whilst Jokanovic plays adventurous and stylish attacking football. Thank god you're not in charge.

To be fair that isn't real. This is a myth because he changed his style of play when Boro got promoted. In the prem he set up Boro defensively.
In the championship with Boro he played some of the best football champ has seen in recent years.
STH H3

J.Perkins

He needs to prove that he has a plan B. Our system has been found out.

If he persists with out setup, he has the next 3 games to prove it works.

If he changes the setup, to a 3-4-2-1 for example, he has significantly more time to make it work.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on September 17, 2017, 01:48:41 PM

That stylish, attacking football has got us 10 goals in 10 games.

Bill2

Where are some of you coming from saying how long has Slavisa got. If it was not for him we would be in Div 1 or 2. He picked up a rubbish squad and turned them around into one of the most exciting teams in the Championship. I am not saying life is perfect but if we were to sack him who would we get, Harry is looking for Job and I am sure Birmingham and numerous other clubs would give their eye teeth for SJ and laugh at us for letting him go.   
We need a striker, which has been the case since last season, Fonte who came on for the last 20 yesterday did not get a mention on GJ's commentary and I did not see him on the highlights.
There are too many points to go into here, but if we could just shoot straight we would have won yesterday comfortably, the ratio of shots to shots on target is poor.
If anyone should be worried it is Kline.

@jolslover

Stupid that people are even questioning him imo. They got a lucky pen. Norwood and Ojo missed sitters. They didnt create a real chance yesterday. Gifted their first goal by Norwood. Things go a little differently and we win 3-0.

STH H3

J.Perkins

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on September 17, 2017, 01:47:02 PM
Quote from: Robbie on September 17, 2017, 12:32:42 PM

Don't be ridiculous. He's earned our trust after massively overachieving last season. Honestly the fickleness of some fans is depressing.

How did we overachieve last season? We were good from October onwards, that's not form, that's just that we're good.

J.Perkins

Quote from: @jolslover on September 17, 2017, 01:56:57 PM
Stupid that people are even questioning him imo. They got a lucky pen. Norwood and Ojo missed sitters. They didnt create a real chance yesterday. Gifted the goal by Norwood. Things go a little differently and we win 3-0.

But it didn't, and that's been the theme all season.

@jolslover

Quote from: J.Perkins on September 17, 2017, 01:57:41 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on September 17, 2017, 01:56:57 PM
Stupid that people are even questioning him imo. They got a lucky pen. Norwood and Ojo missed sitters. They didnt create a real chance yesterday. Gifted the goal by Norwood. Things go a little differently and we win 3-0.

But it didn't, and that's been the theme all season.

Those individual errors aren't his fault. There are always going to be unlucky losses in a season no matter who is in charge.
If we were seeing shi* football like under Symons and this kept happening then I would be annoyed. But were not, and for the first time since we've been in the champ I actually enjoy watching Fulham
STH H3

RaySmith

Things will turn round- we will improve.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Bill2 on September 17, 2017, 01:56:50 PM
Where are some of you coming from saying how long has Slavisa got. If it was not for him we would be in Div 1 or 2. He picked up a rubbish squad and turned them around into one of the most exciting teams in the Championship. I am not saying life is perfect but if we were to sack him who would we get, Harry is looking for Job and I am sure Birmingham and numerous other clubs would give their eye teeth for SJ and laugh at us for letting him go.   
We need a striker, which has been the case since last season, Fonte who came on for the last 20 yesterday did not get a mention on GJ's commentary and I did not see him on the highlights.
There are too many points to go into here, but if we could just shoot straight we would have won yesterday comfortably, the ratio of shots to shots on target is poor.
If anyone should be worried it is Kline.

He inherited a rubbish team. Button, Kalas, Malone, McDonald, Johansen, Ayite, Kebano, Piazon, Martin were all new signings.

Why would clubs be desperate to appoint Jokanovic. We're 14th and we're drab in the playoffs.

If we could shoot straight? I believe that shooting is done in training.

People only care about Kline because Jokanovic didn't like him.