watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So, how long has Slav got?

Started by Robbie, September 17, 2017, 12:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

We could still go on a run, like we did  in the  second half of last season.

If results are terrible, or even poor, then he could get sacked or go anytime, but I don't think they will be myself, and expect us to improve.

If we don't get promotion this season, or even make a play-off place, then he  could likely  go at the end of the season - either  sacked or  leave.

colinwhite

It s more a case if we can hold on to him ,such is his improved reputation as a result of the amazing footbal we played last year.
The quality of improvement since previous regimes is almost miraculous and that people are now coming out and saying they have never rated him is unbelievable.
NO Fulham side I have watched for the last 53 years has played as good footboll ( including Tiganas team ) as last years when it was at its best.I dont think the club will sack Joka,but he May walk if people keep getting on his back.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Marinelloguthrie on September 17, 2017, 10:35:05 PM
It is 1 month into the season how can you question jokanovic long term?

Fair enough question decisions in a particular game but claiming there is something deeply wrong within the squad is mad..

This is his longest time spent at a club. Much like Mourinho, he may only ever be a short term fix manager.

toshes mate

Quote from: J.Perkins on September 18, 2017, 08:58:53 AM
You're deluded if you don't think we have a good squad.
And you're deluded if you cannot see that a good manager makes his squad good and not those who read a piece of paper and say 'wow, how good does that look'.

J.Perkins

Quote from: toshes mate on September 18, 2017, 09:06:17 AM
And you're deluded if you cannot see that a good manager makes his squad good and not those who read a piece of paper and say 'wow, how good does that look'.

it's funny because you think everything is going to be ok, and Saint Jokanovic will turn it around and we'll finish in the playoffs.

I'm a realist, you're living in a dream world. You only blame the board because Jokanovic doesn't like them.

And how can you say a good manager makes his squad good. The squad is good. End of.

toshes mate

Quote from: J.Perkins on September 18, 2017, 09:10:34 AM

it's funny because you think everything is going to be ok, and Saint Jokanovic will turn it around and we'll finish in the playoffs.

I'm a realist, you're living in a dream world. You only blame the board because Jokanovic doesn't like them.

And how can you say a good manager makes his squad good. The squad is good. End of.
My 'delusion' is that we'll be automatically promoted, and so please quote me accurately.  If you want to play hardball then don't let your temper get in the way of intelligent comment.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Statto on September 18, 2017, 09:54:29 AM
Quote from: J.Perkins on September 18, 2017, 09:10:34 AM

Perkins, You have been making the same assertion, that the squad is good, for 2 days now in about 20 posts, but you still haven't referred to any objective evidence for this at all. Your only evidence seems to be that the squad played well last year, which you attribute entirely to the players' inherent ability and not to the manager. But now the squad is playing poorly, you attribute that entirely to the manager and insist it's no reflection of the players' ability. Do you not see the logical inconsistency there?

You have you opinion, fine, but don't say "end of" like it's a statement of fact when you can't back it up with anything other than your own personal intuition.

The board brought together a group of players, nearly all of a good standard, to which Jokanovic did a decent job with last season. I give him credit for that.

My point is that nearly all of the players are playing a seemingly lesser standard. That is a management issue. If it was 1 or 2, okay, small issue. But bar Button, Ream and McDonald, all have worsened over the summer.

toshes mate

The current team is not last season's team and presents a whole host of untried and untested performers at Championship level.  They do not represent upgrades unless and until they eclipse last season's points total.   I still believe that will be happen because SJ is a better coach than Kline and Khan are recruiters.  No one has produced 'evidence' that SJ is not delivering his side of the bargain.  No one has produced 'evidence' that Kline and Khan are better recruiters than any other recruitment team.  SJ is in demand - who is chasing Kline's system?   

colinwhite

Are you seriously having a go at Slavisa Mr Perkins? He has got the team playing a style of footboll that is admired throughout the land.We dont have the results so far this year but the footbal has still been breathtaking at times . The performance against Ipswich when we had our best side available was as good as anything last year. Jokanovic has done an amazing job in a relatively short period of time. What lots of people forget is that it is a hell of a lot easier to bring defensive organisation to a side than to get a team producing the type of attacking footboll that we have become accustomed to.
You need to have serious rethink in your critisms of our current manager, because I dont think there any better alternatives out there and most other sides in this league would jump at the chance to take him on.
Indeed our main concern should be that he may be tempted to move elsewhere as there are plenty of other clubs,including premiership sides who covet him.

Marcel_Gecov

+ 1 - all id add is that our buyout clause is very high and I don't see a team paying it.

Lighthouse

Quote from: colinwhite on September 19, 2017, 10:54:09 AM
Are you seriously having a go at Slavisa Mr Perkins? He has got the team playing a style of footboll that is admired throughout the land.We dont have the results so far this year but the footbal has still been breathtaking at times . The performance against Ipswich when we had our best side available was as good as anything last year. Jokanovic has done an amazing job in a relatively short period of time. What lots of people forget is that it is a hell of a lot easier to bring defensive organisation to a side than to get a team producing the type of attacking footboll that we have become accustomed to.
You need to have serious rethink in your critisms of our current manager, because I dont think there any better alternatives out there and most other sides in this league would jump at the chance to take him on.
Indeed our main concern should be that he may be tempted to move elsewhere as there are plenty of other clubs,including premiership sides who covet him.

There you have it. One decent performance so far. Lots of talk about last season. Or really the second half of last season. Joka HAS done an amazing job. But the past is the past. While I agree some of the criticism is over the top. The problems are there for all to see. We can point fingers at the players or those responsible at bringing in the few players we needed to push on from last season. But the coach has to be on the list. We have had ONE decent game while the rest have been very iffy.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 19, 2017, 11:20:48 AM

There you have it. One decent performance so far. Lots of talk about last season. Or really the second half of last season. Joka HAS done an amazing job. But the past is the past. While I agree some of the criticism is over the top. The problems are there for all to see. We can point fingers at the players or those responsible at bringing in the few players we needed to push on from last season. But the coach has to be on the list. We have had ONE decent game while the rest have been very iffy.

Your so right, he's become useless overnight. Let's sack him.  090.gif

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 19, 2017, 11:40:11 AM

What a stupid reply Gecov,nobody and that includes Lighthouse who you've just replied to has said sack him,but we're not playing well,have been found out by teams,can't score(and that's not down to Cairney being out).
Where is plan b,he doesn't seem to have one has he.
Nobody is exempt from blame and that includes Slava.

AlexW132

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 19, 2017, 12:36:42 PM

What a stupid reply Gecov,nobody and that includes Lighthouse who you've just replied to has said sack him,but we're not playing well,have been found out by teams,can't score(and that's not down to Cairney being out).
Well put Mince. Marcel, I admire your positivity and you make good points generally, but in this case we can't just sweep it under the rug. We have played average at best in all our games except Ipswich, and in the Carabao cup, even if people think it's irrelevant we got knocked out by a League One team. There are problems and they need sorting.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: AlexW132 on September 19, 2017, 01:15:32 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 19, 2017, 12:36:42 PM

Well put Mince. Marcel, I admire your positivity and you make good points generally, but in this case we can't just sweep it under the rug. We have played average at best in all our games except Ipswich, and in the Carabao cup, even if people think it's irrelevant we got knocked out by a League One team. There are problems and they need sorting.

I'm being facetious and to a certain extent my comment is how some chairmen view it. Things need to change but equally, the window closed 19 days ago and the squad is being bedded in. Players such as Mollo (who is more experienced) seems to have hit the ground running but others haven't yet and as we saw with Kebano last year it can take time. I will give Joka the season and see where we are - equally see what happens in January. I see this season being almost a mirror of last year (which maybe how Joka teams work) if you see the comparison of the two seasons I personally think we actually look better now than we did at the same time last year when we lost a whole bunch in a row.   

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Statto on September 19, 2017, 01:40:14 PM
To those criticising the negativity on here, and saying it's not fact-based... well there was a thread on here a few days ago called "perspective", and I'd like to add some perspective of my own

This is the third season we've gone into with the (IMO reasonable, possibly even modest) aim of promotion or a top 6 finish.

This has been the outcome:

Season 15/16... finished 20th
Season 16/17... finished 6th, i.e., met expectations, but only just, and only for the last 3 games of the season
Season 17/17... 14th

Whether you blame Kline or Jokanovic (I have my view there) clearly, we're going nowhere

Cant call 2017 an outcome as we are 8 games in but your point is taken and well made.

berba

"Season 17/17... 14th
Whether you blame Kline or Jokanovic (I have my view there) clearly, we're going nowhere"

Now we can only see the harm but in a few months time we shall return here to see the outcome.

Logicalman

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 17, 2017, 06:06:45 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on September 17, 2017, 01:59:46 PM
Things will turn round- we will improve.

Didn't they say that on the Titanic.. lol

Well, if they HAD turned around, they might not have hit the iceberg!  :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Logicalman on September 19, 2017, 03:10:10 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 17, 2017, 06:06:45 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on September 17, 2017, 01:59:46 PM
Things will turn round- we will improve.

Didn't they say that on the Titanic.. lol

Well, if they HAD turned around, they might not have hit the iceberg!  :005:

Unfortunately the Titanic would have still collided with iceberg as the ship would have taken far to long to come astern to have any chance of avoiding the disaster.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Logicalman

Quote from: Statto on September 19, 2017, 01:40:14 PM
To those criticising the negativity on here, and saying it's not fact-based... well there was a thread on here a few days ago called "perspective", and I'd like to add some perspective of my own

This is the third season we've gone into with the (IMO reasonable, possibly even modest) aim of promotion or a top 6 finish.

This has been the outcome:

Season 15/16... finished 20th
Season 16/17... finished 6th, i.e., met expectations, but only just, and only for the last 3 games of the season
Season 17/17... 14th

Whether you blame Kline or Jokanovic (I have my view there) clearly, we're going nowhere

I can see the point you're making, though even you cannot graph that little lot (2 actual marks and a maybe) and if you did (without the maybe mark) the trend is good.

Might be worth looking at where we were the past 2 seasons at this time of the season, and project from there, i'd be interested.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.