Main Menu

So, how long has Slav got?

Started by Robbie, September 17, 2017, 12:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Perkins

Quote from: @jolslover on September 17, 2017, 01:59:04 PM
Quote from: J.Perkins on September 17, 2017, 01:57:41 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on September 17, 2017, 01:56:57 PM
Stupid that people are even questioning him imo. They got a lucky pen. Norwood and Ojo missed sitters. They didnt create a real chance yesterday. Gifted the goal by Norwood. Things go a little differently and we win 3-0.

But it didn't, and that's been the theme all season.

Those individual errors aren't his fault. There are always going to be unlucky losses in a season no matter who is in charge.
If we were seeing shi* football like under Symons and this kept happening then I would be annoyed. But were not, and for the first time since we've been in the champ I actually enjoy watching Fulham

Individual errors occurring every game is not bad luck. It's an issue with the system.

We're playing attractive football, that's is gaining a goal a game. Not 2/3.

I enjoy watching fulham succeed. Something we're not doing.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Statto on September 17, 2017, 02:05:46 PM
Quote from: J.Perkins on September 17, 2017, 01:57:14 PM
Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on September 17, 2017, 01:47:02 PM
Quote from: Robbie on September 17, 2017, 12:32:42 PM
Before you throw a rock, the reality is that there is something wrong with our game management/set up. 

Way too sloppy in defense, sometimes bizarre starts and subs. Players repeatedly making bad decisions (hogging the ball in the box, trying Barcelona style flicks that never work). Any set piece is a total waste of time. Predictable game strategy and style (pretty passing does not win games).

We have a good squad that is not being managed well.

We have four tough games coming up, 6 points is the minimum for me.

Don't be ridiculous. He's earned our trust after massively overachieving last season. Honestly the fickleness of some fans is depressing.

How did we overachieve last season? We were good from October onwards, that's not form, that's just that we're good.

Who said anything about form? He said it was overachieving, which is nothing to do with form, and not necessarily a short term thing like form.

Overachieving was a myth. We were there because we had a squad easily good enough.

Are we playing to our potential?

Wearethewhites

Quote from: @jolslover on September 17, 2017, 01:52:51 PM
Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on September 17, 2017, 01:48:41 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on September 17, 2017, 01:14:24 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on September 17, 2017, 01:11:21 PM
Problem is the board won't sack him for fear of losing the fanbase

Don't buy that, he is not as popular as you think he is, a lot of fans don't like him as a person, or his style. If you did get rid of him and replaced with someone say like Karanka, I think you'd keep the fans happy.

Football is a results games, and as soon  fans stop getting that, they will turn. I think its more about Slavisa keeping the fans happy.

Are you mad? Karanka plays the most negative football ever whilst Jokanovic plays adventurous and stylish attacking football. Thank god you're not in charge.

To be fair that isn't real. This is a myth because he changed his style of play when Boro got promoted. In the prem he set up Boro defensively.
In the championship with Boro he played some of the best football champ has seen in recent years.

Yeah, thanks for that, he's talking out his bottom a bit isn't he.

Noticed that the 'Moose' hasn't posted on here for bit, most likely been over at Cringe Corner, yet decides to storm in and have his reficulous say on what I class as quite a good, interesting thread.

masterhaynes

Quote from: J.Perkins on September 17, 2017, 01:56:04 PM
Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on September 17, 2017, 01:48:41 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on September 17, 2017, 01:14:24 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on September 17, 2017, 01:11:21 PM
Problem is the board won't sack him for fear of losing the fanbase

Don't buy that, he is not as popular as you think he is, a lot of fans don't like him as a person, or his style. If you did get rid of him and replaced with someone say like Karanka, I think you'd keep the fans happy.

Football is a results games, and as soon  fans stop getting that, they will turn. I think its more about Slavisa keeping the fans happy.

Are you mad? Karanka plays the most negative football ever whilst Jokanovic plays adventurous and stylish attacking football. Thank god you're not in charge.

That stylish, attacking football has got us 10 goals in 10 games.
Purely down to park football finishing not our style or play, even I could have scored Sess's missed header and Ayites side foot from 2ft of the line against Hull and sounds like Ojo and Norwood also missed a sitter each yesterday. We cannot be so generous and so regualarly profiligate against our opponents

MrD1879

Slav does seem to have been found out this season and doesn't seem to have an answer. He was shown up tactically in the playoffs. Don't buy he doesn't have a good enough squad. We have added quality yet he can't get them to tick.
Don't want to seem negative but fast running out of patience of hearing the same lines being trotted out after every game. It's your team Slav who complete your training week in week out

love4ffc

Quote from: @jolslover on September 17, 2017, 01:47:22 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on September 17, 2017, 01:12:18 PM
In other news, I read on Sky we're monitoring Oscar Garcia, St Etienne's manager in case Slav leaves.

That is great news. The only manager that comes close to Slavisa in terms of style of play we could get.
He would be my pick if Slavisa left but anyone calling for Slavisas head now is mad.
Would like Karanka aswell.
That would be comparable to Joka.  He has about the same winning percentage as Joka according to Wikipedia. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Keynsham

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: RaySmith on September 17, 2017, 01:59:46 PM
Things will turn round- we will improve.
Yes.  Indeed. 
Nogood "cannot muster the energy to enter this debate, see" Boyo

filham

I am no great fan of Jokanovic ,when he first arrived he failed to improve on the performance of the team he inherited from Kit. Last season with 14 or so new signings it took half a season for him to get the team working well , he then held things together for a brilliant 4 monthsWhen we were all behind him.
Now a couple of months into the new season, with the advantage of new players bought in the summer window, performances are looking no better than we were getting when Kit was sacked.

However ,we have to stick with him in the hope of an improvement unless we can see an obvious man of quality ready to come to the Cottage. We really cannot afford a repeat of the pantomime that took place when Kit left. Also the big question is are there any managers of proven ability who would accept the Head Coach system we operate with transfers apparently in the hands of a badly programmed computer.

Finally I saw Watford play a couple of times during the half season Jocanovic was there and they achieved promotion to the Premiership. Their stile was nothing like that we have now adopted,
they played hard ,tight football with early balls out to fast direct wingers who delivered quick direct crosses into the box.
It was effective, why has Jocanovic given up on this stile, or at least used it from time to time as a plan B. It is possible that with a little bit of flexibility in his tactics results may improve.

Fulham Tup North

Are we not just showing that we are a one man team. No Cairney = poor Fulham performance. As soon as TC is back, just watch the results change. Does not bode well if his knees go again!!
We struggle to dominate the final 3rd without Tom. He is instrumental in everything we do.

It is not rocket science.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Mince n Tatties

Didn't they say that on the Titanic.. lol

hovewhite

Well for all if you that want him out,(not me)Harry's available!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 17, 2017, 06:06:45 PM

Didn't they say that on the Titanic.. lol

Yes, and so did General George Armstrong Custer just minutes before the Battle of the Little Big Horn.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

If the team show the same routine lack of overall quality over many more games. Then he will be gone by Christmas.

Think he has done a wonderful job changing our style of play. But he is limited with another poor transfer window which gives him little wiggle room to change style or tactics. He has been overrated by many fans as a saviour. Sadly one half season does not a saviour make. Don't want him to go but he will probably be off by Chrimbo unless we find form or he can find some change in the squad of samey players.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Twig

"We have a good squad that is not being managed well". That assertion lost me!
"A lot of fans don't like him ... or his style" don't know him as a person but I love the style he has us playing and so does every other fan I speak with.

Regards this thread I will only say that, in my opinion it is a nonsense to start questioning SJ's position, absolutely ridiculous.

Keynsham

Two weeks ago he was the best manager in the division.

Mince n Tatties

I've got a feeling he might be gone if we lose to Boro and Forest...Hope not but managers coming and going now has gone crazy,another two apart from Harry bit the dust yesterday.

Marinelloguthrie

It is 1 month into the season how can you question jokanovic long term?

Fair enough question decisions in a particular game but claiming there is something deeply wrong within the squad is mad..

Chutney

We don't have a good squad, Slav performed miracles to get us in to the play offs last season, he can't be expected to do it again.
C O Y W

Woolly Mammoth

I think he will still be here at the end of the season, then depending on how we finish, and personally with the players we have now, we will not be getting promoted, unless something dramatic happens in January Window.
Then he and Fulham could depart company.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.