watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bullard on Soccer AM

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, September 26, 2017, 08:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneleigh Loyalist

A taxi driver neighbour had taken Andy Johnson's father to Craven Cottage and according to him Bullard had no respect at all for Hodgson's discipline and treated most training sessions as a joke.
I went off him from that moment.

MikeW

Statto: I suggest a period off the board might square your head up.  Respectfully of course.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jonaldiniho 88

Don't think he was wanted by Roy. I liked him, I believe he had talent, could spray the ball and good at dead balls. It was the right thing to let him go as he was supposed to be a really lazy trainer and a bit of a maverick. Neither of these assets would have worked under Roy.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Statto on September 26, 2017, 07:13:37 PM
Quote from: MikeW on September 26, 2017, 06:01:41 PM
Statto: I suggest a period off the board might square your head up.  Respectfully of course.

GTF
Gentlemen, this is FoF not TIFF! 😱
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

The Rock

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on September 26, 2017, 05:43:05 PM
A taxi driver neighbour had taken Andy Johnson's father to Craven Cottage and according to him Bullard had no respect at all for Hodgson's discipline and treated most training sessions as a joke.

I think we all knew that was the case, and why he was generally at odds with Hodgson. It never really came to be an issue as he was off to Hull for a cool 5m after his injury - it worked out ok for all and time heals.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 26, 2017, 04:03:26 PM
He was interviewed a couple of months back on morning TV,had a man bun,what looked like a girls blouse under a pink waistcoat and jeans torn to shreds.
Everyone to their own,but he looked a stand in for Quentin Crisp...

I thought the flavour was more Cheese & Onion than Quentin.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

glenhodgso

Quote from: The Rock on September 27, 2017, 02:30:12 AM
Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on September 26, 2017, 05:43:05 PM

I think we all knew that was the case, and why he was generally at odds with Hodgson. It never really came to be an issue as he was off to Hull for a cool 5m after his injury - it worked out ok for all and time heals.

I wonder whether Chris Baird is of the same opinion?....

HamsterWheel

Bullard can be very amusing. His tales of off the pitch antics are up there with anyone's. Then podcasts he did are often hilarious https://www.acast.com/magicsponge
The Barry Fry one is possibly the best https://www.acast.com/magicsponge/barryfrysunbelievablestories

For an injury prone player to get offered a 5 year contract on silly money was just daft by Hull - can't blame Jimmy for taking that - he knew he would never last long.

filham

Quote from: Statto on September 26, 2017, 02:16:32 PM
Quote from: Keynsham on September 26, 2017, 11:42:54 AM
I hope that the vile, moneygrabbing cretin is broke.

One of the top 3 or 4 English players we've had in the last 30 years, on the fringes of the national team at his peak. Still remember his brilliant free kick against villa which gave us our first win under Hodgson and our first step towards the great escape. Then he Left us for a tidy fee at the perfect time, just past his peak, like McCormack and Aluko have done more recently. So why the bitterness?
That's right , he gave us all a lot of entertainment and at the end of the day Fulham came out of it well.

Often wondered though if Roy wanted him to leave as I suspect he was not really the type of player best suited to Roy's organised tactics.

Holders

Quote from: filham on September 27, 2017, 10:58:17 AM
Quote from: Statto on September 26, 2017, 02:16:32 PM
Quote from: Keynsham on September 26, 2017, 11:42:54 AM
I hope that the vile, moneygrabbing cretin is broke.

One of the top 3 or 4 English players we've had in the last 30 years, on the fringes of the national team at his peak. Still remember his brilliant free kick against villa which gave us our first win under Hodgson and our first step towards the great escape. Then he Left us for a tidy fee at the perfect time, just past his peak, like McCormack and Aluko have done more recently. So why the bitterness?
That's right , he gave us all a lot of entertainment and at the end of the day Fulham came out of it well.

Often wondered though if Roy wanted him to leave as I suspect he was not really the type of player best suited to Roy's organised tactics.

Agreed, but he could change a game.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Twig

Bullard was terrific at his best but spent many months out injured and completely lacked the discipline that Roy demanded of his squad.  When he came back after that long lay off he didn't look the same player and his rapid demise at Hull suggested we did well to bank £5m for him. 
Sorry Statto but may I suggest you are seeing him through rose tinted glasses?

Slaphead in Qatar

When he made his second or third comeback from injury at hull he got badly injured in his first game back. As he was helped off he burst into tears. It takes a big man to do that in front of 30,000 people and in the glare of tv cameras. Always had Respect for him since then.