watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How many of you have been to America?

Started by Nightwind15, September 29, 2017, 12:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightwind15

I have been to England twice.  Once with Triumph Motor Corp and the other on holiday.  When were you here and where did you visit?

Thank you for indulging me!

I played in the first match I ever saw!

Keynsham

Never, but planning a trip to NYC next year for the Mrs' 40th.

Woolly Mammoth

My wife has been when she was younger and loves it. Houston Texas, and Miami.
I went there when working for the Ministry of Defence, many years ago, but I was in and out literally overnight, and wasn't able to see much as it was in the Line of Duty, so to speak.
I Cannot divulge anything about that visit.
However,
  I must go back before I keel over, as there must be so much to see.
My first visit would be to Four Feather Falls, and shake hands with Sheriff Tex Tucker, then of course I must meet the One Armed Man before Richard Kimble catches up with him.
But no seriously my wife has told me so many good things, but where and what would you recommend, as it's such a vast Country.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham Gentleman

I was apparently born and lived for my first few years in a place called Grand Rapids in West Michigan.  I went back a few times since moving back, though that was in childhood.  All I remember were all of the blueberry fields in the countryside.

Slaphead in Qatar

I have been 4 times:

1. Visited my cousin in Denton near Dallas
2. Business trip to New York
3. Holiday to Puerto Rico
4. Holidays to Los Angeles, San Francisco and Las Vegas.

I love America, want to try Florida next time

F(f)CUK

Disney Florida with the kids about 10 years ago.

JakeFFC

I have been twice.

First was a few weeks in Florida doing all the theme parks.

Second was a 3 month stint. I worked in a summer camp with Camp America in Poyntelle in Pensilvania/New York state borders. I had 2 months working and 1 month travelling. I went to Baltimore, Washington, Boston, Niagara (Both Canadian and American sides) along with a few days in New York both at the start and end of the trip.

As an English person I would recommend Baltimore, we went a year after all the riots and the city was on the up, lots of street performers and amazing places to eat. Their aquarium is the largest I have ever been too and some good places for whale watching.

Would love to go back again and do the West Coast as well as Texas.

Peabody

Been to Orlando a few times, as well as the West Coast. Also visited my Aunt, who was a GI bride and her family in Minnesota, whilst there, we visited Mount Rushmore, which was impressive but not as impressive as the Crazy Horse memorial, which we also visited

fcfulham55

I go a few times a year. To florida.

But have only been there and Paulo Alto.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Lighthouse

Never been but helped my Mum and her friend go on a tour back in the Eighties. Went all over. Saw the Grand Canyon and the Big Sur, Florida, The Universal Tour  etc. Loved it. She even made a huge scrap book of all the stuff she collected that I still have.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Southcoastffc

New York, San Fran, Arizona (incl Phoenix, Jerome, Sedona, and Grand Canyon by helicopter). Loved them all in different ways.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

fluffyninja

Been to New York & San Francisco for holidays , would like to go to Boston & Chicago but would pretty much go anywhere , like it out there.

mrmicawbers

Love the States been many times but not recently. Have visited in no particular order New York, Boston,San Francisco, Miami,Fort Lauderdale,Las Vegas.

Maccy91

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 29, 2017, 12:49:08 PM
My wife has been when she was younger and loves it. Houston Texas, and Miami.
I went there when working for the Ministry of Defence, many years ago, but I was in and out literally overnight, and wasn't able to see much as it was in the Line of Duty, so to speak.
I Cannot divulge anything about that visit.
However,
  I must go back before I keel over, as there must be so much to see.
My first visit would be to Four Feather Falls, and shake hands with Sheriff Tex Tucker, then of course I must meet the One Armed Man before Richard Kimble catches up with him.
But no seriously my wife has told me so many good things, but where and what would you recommend, as it's such a vast Country.

My imagination is running wild now

Carborundum

Many times, many cities.  The overarching thing about America is how gracious, kind and civil the people are. 

Manhattan has to be seen to be believed.  It's not really like other US cities and reminded me most of Hong Kong. An utterly unsustainable monument to human ingenuity.

Not-so-hidden gem?  Boston.  Plenty to see and do.  If you like seafood it's heaven.

Slightly underwhelming?  Well, I know the way to San Jose.  Terry Wogan must have faded the song out before the verse that explains that when you get there, downtown looks a bit like the centre of Croydon. I was expecting something else!

WhiteJC

I've been more times than I can remember.

In a previous job I had to go to either San Diego and/or Atlanta every 3 weeks for 2-3 days, I did this for over 9 years.
The next job involved living in Wooster Ohio for 3 months and then visiting every 5-6 weeks for 4 years.

My mother and two of my brothers live in different parts of Florida

cookieg

NYC a few times and Orlando for Mickey Mouse with the kids - although I preferred Universal Studios.

First time I went to NY I thought my head was going to explode the pace was so fast.

brightster

Been a few times now.
First in the 80's visited Orlando and Miami.
Then 2009 visited Vegas and renewed wedding vows with second wife in the little white chapel by Elvis!
Then six 6 years ago my first wife took my son to live in Centrveille, Dayton Ohio, so have traveled around while visiting him, Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland, Louisville and Cincinnati and Chicago where we also have Freinds who we stay with in Plainfield.
Most recently was 3 weeks ago in Centrevielle to meet the latest addition to the Bright family after becoming a Grandad.
Even managed to take in a  Cincinnati Reds ball game while I was there and now adopted them as my team!
Do like the states and agree the people are so friendly.

Wingnut

NYC lots of times. Lived there for one year in my early 20s. Also, lived in Houston for six months which was totally different. Visited lots of places in the USA also such as Dallas, Austin, Chicago, LA, Philadelphia and Amish country nearby. Loved Amish country, really relaxing.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

FulhamStu

Lived for 4 years in Southbury CT and the photo you see is me and Peter Mellor in Tampa FL