watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fonte

Started by FFC1987, September 29, 2017, 10:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

I think we are still in need of a striker, we have yet to replace Dembele or  McCormac.

vagrant

Quote from: andyk on September 30, 2017, 11:29:28 AM
I watched the game on telly and thought Fonte did ok. He spent a lot of time pressurizing the QPR back four when they had possession. He made some good runs, got into scoring positions a couple of times, at least had the decency to say "I'm the striker, I'll take the penalties " and made an excellent forceful pacy run down the wing, precision pass to Stefan for the goal. He managed to stay focused after the miss and get himself into the position to set up the goal.
That turned out to be the winning goal, so well done.

This is spot on.... Well said.

bill taylors apprentice

Footballs a game of opinions and the chance to express them on forums such as this is the right of all.

But it also exposes how narrow a view they have about the game!

fcfulham55

Agree with the OP.

Just think it's a poor bit of business from the club. It's not Fontes fault we payed millions for him when, his value in football terms to me doesn't reach anywhere near a million.

His stats in Portugal mean nothing in the championship. Terrible bit of business by the club. If we had ambition, we would've gone for a proven striker earlier. Such as Gayle.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Finnegans Wake

He was the best thing since sliced bread on here after the Ipswich game.

He didn't have a great game last night obviously but we were far from our free flowing best. Get Cairney behind him and I think we'll see the best of him.

I was down the front by the corner flag yesterday and it must be said, he absolutely bust a gut to get to the ball first in the build up to the second goal.

Carborundum

Last season we had a guy from the Iberian peninsula who was so far out of his depth it was almost pitiful to watch.  This guy is so much better - but they all have bad games. 

Basking in two away wins, I'm feeling pretty happy with our striker signings. 

@jolslover

Quote from: fcfulham55 on September 30, 2017, 04:52:30 PM
Agree with the OP.

Just think it's a poor bit of business from the club. It's not Fontes fault we payed millions for him when, his value in football terms to me doesn't reach anywhere near a million.

His stats in Portugal mean nothing in the championship. Terrible bit of business by the club. If we had ambition, we would've gone for a proven striker earlier. Such as Gayle.

Proven striker? Doesn't come more proven than Chris Martin? Matt Smith was pretty proven?
STH H3

fcfulham55

Quote from: @jolslover on September 30, 2017, 07:41:48 PM
Agree with the OP.

Proven striker? Doesn't come more proven than Chris Martin? Matt Smith was pretty proven?

Matt Smith proven? That's the dumbest thing I've ever read hahaha. He did OK out on loan in league one. But never had a prolific season in the championship.

You're bringing up the past? I'm talking now, Chris martin was on loan with a poor attitude. He was proven at this level but we don't have him now do we you numpty lol. We needed to buy a replacement in January, and then appeared to of failed in the long summer transfer window.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

HatterDon

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on September 30, 2017, 07:14:59 AM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on September 29, 2017, 11:26:10 PM
Good player

A touch player not a battering ram.

Give the guy a break

Ruiz had enough chances and I fear Fonte is the same kind of player. He'll be given time and rightly so and I hope this works for him.

Ruiz? Hmmmm Ruiz ... that's the guy that stopped us from being relegated to League 1 as I remember.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

hovewhite

Quote from: Finnegans Wake on September 30, 2017, 07:19:20 PM
He was the best thing since sliced bread on here after the Ipswich game.

He didn't have a great game last night obviously but we were far from our free flowing best. Get Cairney behind him and I think we'll see the best of him.

I was down the front by the corner flag yesterday and it must be said, he absolutely bust a gut to get to the ball first in the build up to the second goal.
Agree with you. 1 hard Game where yes he misses a pen but come on cut him some slack you lot and think he will ram the jibes down your throats.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: fcfulham55 on September 30, 2017, 08:52:29 PM
Agree with the OP.

Matt Smith proven? That's the dumbest thing I've ever read hahaha. He did OK out on loan in league one. But never had a prolific season in the championship.

You're bringing up the past? I'm talking now, Chris martin was on loan with a poor attitude. He was proven at this level but we don't have him now do we you numpty lol. We needed to buy a replacement in January, and then appeared to of failed in the long summer transfer window.

Dumbest thing you've ever read? You need to read more. I read DaVinci Code once, that was dumber. I remember seeing similar posts re: Ak47 and guess what, that was BS equally your comments on Fonte are too. Mate, we won, take a holiday and come back refreshed for Preston.

Deeping_white

Agree with the OP.

Do you actually like any of the signings we've made this summer? First you talk about us potentially being relegated a couple of weeks ago, and now you're on a roulette to call all of our players sh**e one by one? Are you a wum or what?

FFCFOREVER

Cannot believe people on here are giving Fonte a hard time after only a few games.For gods sake give the guy a chance.He is only human.

Twig

Agree with the OP.

Er his stats in Portugal mean nothing?  So what are you implying - that stats in France, Germany, Spain etc. mean nothing. On that basis I assume stats in Scotland, EFL League 1 etc. (in fact anything outside the Championship and the Prem) mean nothing? Do proven strikers only exist here in the upper reaches of UK football? We lack ambition because we didn't sign Dwight Gaye? On that basis scouts may as well all give up and retire.  What blinkered, narrow minded nonsense. 

@jolslover

Agree with the OP.

What? He banged 15 or so for Leeds the year before we signed him? That's proven.
STH H3

hopper

Quote from: @jolslover on October 01, 2017, 10:55:02 AM
Agree with the OP.

What? He banged 15 or so for Leeds the year before we signed him? That's proven.

I season of 12 goals at Leeds, hasn't scored more than 5 in a campaign in Championship since then. His performances with us were clear evidence he isn't good enough I think.

Whitesideup

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on September 30, 2017, 10:55:27 PM
Cannot believe people on here are giving Fonte a hard time after only a few games.For gods sake give the guy a chance.He is only human.
I agree. Also, even if he didn't have a great game, his assist was excellent; made a good run, held off the defender, created a bit of space for himself and gave the ball to Johansen in a good position.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Statto on September 30, 2017, 10:01:59 PM
Agree with the OP.

First Ojo now Fonte. Have a day off mate. Please tell me you don't go to games, if this is your attitude I'd rather an away fan had your seat
:54:

0001.jpeg

FFC1987

Blimey theres some drama queens on this forum. Some saying the criticism will be rammed down our throats, some saying we lack any perspective about the game because theres been some valid criticisms about recent performances, some making out the guy was brilliant........... A lot of people seem incapable of reading the full post before chiming in with some ridiculous sentiment that we've created a post to ridicule the guy. I merely made the post as I'm concerned that a player who shows decent signs of a quality player, is currently struggling in our setup and maybe we haven't signed a player, that I think we wanted, an out and out goalscorer. I really don't understand how the original point has been taken so far out of context.

MJG

Ten points from his five starts tells me he is offering something.
Just the views of a long term fan