watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

BBC bias

Started by grandad, October 13, 2017, 04:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

I complained to the BBC re the failure to report any of our goals in their Live reporting when we played Nottingham Forest.
Here is their reply.

Reference CAS-4583409-YM4021

Thank you for contacting us regarding our live reporting on the BBC Sport Website on 26 September.

I understand you feel we demonstrated bias against Fulham in failing to use bold text to highlight goals scored during their match against Nottingham Forest.

In light of your concerns we have reviewed the information on our live reporting webpage and can confirm, as you acknowledge, that none of the Fulham goals were reported in bold text.

I am sorry to read how your feel about this aspect of the coverage; we assure you that the BBC is committed to impartial reporting at all times.

We would emphasise that all goals scored during this game were mentioned in our live reporting at 20.01, 20.23, 21.21 and 21.35); however, regarding your specific concerns about the lack of bold text we have made our BBC Sport website editors aware of this so they can keep an eye on issues like this in future.

I hope this helps to allay your concerns.

We're grateful to you for taking the time to raise your concerns with us and we'd like to assure you that we value your feedback highly. The comments we receive from our audience help to inform decisions and go towards improving our services.

Once again, thanks for getting in touch.

Kind regards

Emma Duff

BBC Complaints Team
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

Plenty of smooth talking from Emma Duff on behalf of this corrupt organisation who don't know the meaning of the word impartial whatever they are reporting. They are so rotten to the core, I can smell them from the bottom of a Tin Mine.
Emma Duff of the BBC complaints team must be inundated with complaints from all and sundry. She probably has a camp bed there 24/7 with the volume of complaints the BBC must receive for their lack of impartiality.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

They forgot to mention....Fulham??? Which league do they play in??
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 13, 2017, 04:08:10 PM
Plenty of smooth talking from Emma Duff on behalf of this corrupt organisation who don't know the meaning of the word impartial whatever they are reporting. They are so rotten to the core, I can smell them from the bottom of a Tin Mine.
Emma Duff of the BBC complaints team must be inundated with complaints from all and sundry. She probably has a camp bed there 24/7 with the volume of complaints the BBC must receive for their lack of impartiality.

Hold on Woolly, I have time for BBC Sport, they are the best of all TV channels in my opinion. We certainly don't want to lose them.

Sure they give a lot more time to the big boys than to Fulham but so does all of the media.

grandad

My point to them was that I always have the Championship Live Reporting feed up while listening to GJ. In spite of what they say not one of our goals was reported whilst in small print they mentioned Forest´s equaliser. This is not the first time this has happened.
Where there's a will there's a wife

aaronmcguigan

They literally just didn't highlight the score and scorers in bold. You were already listening to the match, why did you need the BBC to validate what GJ was telling you?
I don't think highly of the BBC but they seem to be among the best of a bad bunch, and their reporting of football is of a high standard in my opinion.
I'm sure Emma when replying to you was biting her tongue eager to tell you that there's plenty of other text streams available and the BBC do a decent job, and whether the lack of bold text (which seems to have occurred because when we scored there was a glut of goals around the place) I don't think there's a need to imply or accuse them of bias and lack of impartiality. But I suppose different people see things different ways.

Here's the feed:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/41075315

west kowloon white

Wish I could withhold my licence fee- at least I can choose not to buy the Guardian- like most people.

bog

A while back when we played Hull it was the only game that night. There was not a single mention of the game actually taking place on 5.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on October 13, 2017, 05:25:51 PM

I havex

Hold on Woolly, I have time for BBC Sport, they are the best of all TV channels in my opinion. We certainly don't want to lose them.

Sure they give a lot more time to the big boys than to Fulham but so does all of the media.
[/quo

I have no particular issues with BBC Sport as a whole filham. My problem with them as an organisation, is that the word Impartial is not in a Dictionary owned by them, which makes them a laughing stock. 

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

You are joking about BBC Sport.
Lost in the last 10 years..

Test Matches
Formula One
Derby Meeting
Grand National
Royal Ascot
Cheltenham Festival
Saturday Afternoon Sport
The Boat Race
All Horse Racing
The Open Golf
Need I go on....

They're a joke organization full of can't mention
on here...Their bias Politics..

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 13, 2017, 11:16:30 PM

Test Matches
Formula One
Derby Meeting
Grand National
Royal Ascot
Cheltenham Festival
Saturday Afternoon Sport
The Boat Race
All Horse Racing
The Open Golf
Need I go on....

Well said and very true, they also lost our local Arm Wrestling Annual Event, as well as the Yard of Ale Competition.

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

I think you are just joining in with the right wing press tha continue to shout about a non existent bias in the BBC. It is of course absolute rubbish. There are a lot of places to get Fulham match reports in 2017 and the top 6 or 7 premier clubs win hands down over all the rest. If you don't believe me pick any other side and see what you get tomorrow

Twig

Quote from: Andy S on October 14, 2017, 03:32:40 AM
I think you are just joining in with the right wing press tha continue to shout about a non existent bias in the BBC. It is of course absolute rubbish. There are a lot of places to get Fulham match reports in 2017 and the top 6 or 7 premier clubs win hands down over all the rest. If you don't believe me pick any other side and see what you get tomorrow

Thank goodness for some common sense.  Fortunately the Beeb manage to upset the right and the left in pretty much equal measure.  Some of the vitriolic nonsense in this thread makes me very sad. There are few media indtitutions in other countries that can hold a candle to the BBC, we should cherish it.  Yes they have their faults and make mistakes but that's life.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Twig on October 14, 2017, 06:38:55 AM
Quote from: Andy S on October 14, 2017, 03:32:40 AM

Thank goodness for some common sense.  Fortunately the Beeb manage to upset the right and the left in pretty much equal measure.  Some of the vitriolic nonsense in this thread makes me very sad. There are few media indtitutions in other countries that can hold a candle to the BBC, we should cherish it.  Yes they have their faults and make mistakes but that's life.

What year are you living in 1952.
The most corrupt organization on the planet,infested with Perverts..
Close it down.💀

Woolly Mammoth

1952 was that the days of their presenter Muriel Young, now she was the only good reason for paying my Licence Fee.
Even in black & white she looked stunning. 

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

How can you say that mince unless you are on a wind up of course. It is the commessial stations who have an agenda,which is to please the advertisers. Then good old Beeb caters for people who don't want to be bombarded with adverts about anything until we are brain dead. It will be a sad day when they start to advertise on the  Beeb

Woolly Mammoth

I tell you what I have noticed these days.
That the adverts are longer than the programs.
I use to be able to have just enough time to nip out and make a cup of tea in the adverts.
Now I have time to cook a 3 course meal, eat it and wash up.

Never forget your Roots.

Slaphead in Qatar

All media institutions are 'biased' if you want to use that word. That's because their content is decided by humans who have their own opinions - it's difficult to be objective 100% of the time

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Andy S on October 14, 2017, 08:20:43 AM
How can you say that mince unless you are on a wind up of course. It is the commessial stations who have an agenda,which is to please the advertisers. Then good old Beeb caters for people who don't want to be bombarded with adverts about anything until we are brain dead. It will be a sad day when they start to advertise on the  Beeb

I never mentioned advertising on it,I said close it down.
You could do what I do and don't watch most of them,Read a  good book instead.
I just went back to my childhood last week and read the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn again...

Neil D

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 13, 2017, 11:16:30 PM

Test Matches
Formula One
Derby Meeting
Grand National
Royal Ascot
Cheltenham Festival
Saturday Afternoon Sport
The Boat Race
All Horse Racing
The Open Golf
Need I go on....

The less horse racing on TV the better.  I'd hate to think any of my licence fee pays for that rubbish.