watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hamburg FOF

Started by LBNo11, September 15, 2010, 07:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...really good to meet you and Neil on Saturday, I hope we have more time to chat next time, I feel proud that you come over from Germany to see Fulham play. The next stein is on me.. :beer: :Sparkyticus:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

HamburgFoF

...LB11,

for me it was good to meet one of the moderators of FOF and to see the face behind the posts.
If you feel proud that I come over for Fulham games, I have to say that "the whole Fulham-thing" has absolutely enriched my life. I've been a Fulham fan for nearly four years now and I can't imagine a world without Fulham FC. It's way beyond fandom, it has become an addiction. And I've to mention that Barney Travers - Neil -, his family and friends are a big part of the "Fulham-thing". As I'm already 48, I hope that doesn't sound too mawkish...
Hope we can share a beer next time I'll be over.   

FatFreddysCat

I must say i love your City HamburgFoF and it's beer and Bratwurst, i found the people very friendly as well (i also stayed there the night after the Wolfsburg match).out of interest do you also support Hamburg? and if so how did you feel when Fulham won? Then again if you also support St Pauli you would obviously have been delighted. I take it you come by EasyJet, very cheap about £45 return.

HamburgFoF

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on September 15, 2010, 08:00:34 PM
I must say i love your City HamburgFoF and it's beer and Bratwurst, i found the people very friendly as well (i also stayed there the night after the Wolfsburg match).out of interest do you also support Hamburg? and if so how did you feel when Fulham won? Then again if you also support St Pauli you would obviously have been delighted. I take it you come by EasyJet, very cheap about £45 return.

...FatFreddysCat,

I used to support HSV (Hamburg), particularly from the mid 70ies to the early 90ies, but lost interest over the years. Although I live in Hamburg, as a Fulham fan I desperately wanted Fulham to knock Hamburg out of the competition. From the bottom of my heart. Not because I don't like HSV, but because I support and love Fulham and wanted them to play in my home city for a second time. Needless to say that I was over the moon when we made it to the final.
For a couple of years now I have a soft spot for St.Pauli, as I like the fans & the club's approach to the whole football-thing. But unfortunately this season it's almost impossible to get tickets for the league games. Tickets go to season tkt holders and members. Basically there won't be tkts on general sale. Hope there will be exceptions to the rule for a few games. When I come over to Fulham - 5/6 times a season- I usually come by Lufthansa and Ryan Air. Flights are about 90 Pounds. It depends. 

HamburgFoF

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 15, 2010, 07:26:00 PM
...really good to meet you and Neil on Saturday, I hope we have more time to chat next time, I feel proud that you come over from Germany to see Fulham play. The next stein is on me.. :beer: :Sparkyticus:
[/quote

...Sorry, of course it has to be LBNo11.

leonffc

Hey Hamburg,
Why Fulham? What captured your heart 4 years ago?

I was stranded in Hamburg after the semi (long story - missed plane etc) and ended up partying into the night with St Pauli fans when they won promotion on the Friday evening. I was going to adopt them as my 'German' team but they have a strong bond with Celtis so I have abandoned those plans

HatterDon

Mr. Hamburg FOF, if you get to a St. Pauli match once Moritz Volz is fit, be sure to go in your Fulham kit and cheer him on for all of us. Volzy will always be a huge favorite of mine, and I'm definitely not alone in thinking he's a brilliant guy.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

leonffc

Quote from: HatterDon on September 15, 2010, 08:36:03 PM
Mr. Hamburg FOF, if you get to a St. Pauli match once Moritz Volz is fit, be sure to go in your Fulham kit and cheer him on for all of us. Volzy will always be a huge favorite of mine, and I'm definitely not alone in thinking he's a brilliant guy.

That reminds me. Fat Fred and I penciled in plans to go and watch Volzy next year. Are tickets totally impossible to get or just almost impossible? And are you coming for a beer if we do HamburgFoF?

HamburgFoF

Quote from: leonffc on September 15, 2010, 08:29:58 PM
Hey Hamburg,
Why Fulham? What captured your heart 4 years ago?

I was stranded in Hamburg after the semi (long story - missed plane etc) and ended up partying into the night with St Pauli fans when they won promotion on the Friday evening. I was going to adopt them as my 'German' team but they have a strong bond with Celtis so I have abandoned those plans

...leonffc,

It was my heart-felt wish to go to a football league game in England, particularly in London. I already had been to an FA Cup Final at Wembley in 1992 and I witnessed the very last game at the old Wembley Stadium in Oct. 2000, but I wasn't able to go to a league match until November 2006. By a lucky chance I decided to go to the Fulham vs Everton game. First of all I have to mention the ground and its location. Absolutely fantastic. This is Old School. The second reason was the kick-off time at 12.45. That gave me enough time to have a pint after the game and to return to the airport in time for the flight.
When I arrived in London I was welcomed by absolutely amazing weather. A clear blue sky for the whole day. I had to leave the Underground at Putney Bridge. On my way to the ground I took the lovely walk through Bishop's Park. When I arrived at Craven Cottage I was overwhelmed. This was - is - a stadium which makes hearts leap for joy. And its location on the banks of the Thames makes it unique. This is pure football culture. Fulham won the game 1:0 by a goal from Claus Jensen. The game wasn't exactly attractive, but who cares. It's the 3 points that matters. After the game I was the last spectator to leave the ground, I suppose. I didn't want that experience to end. I sucked up every single minute of that day and on the spot I decided to come back to Craven Cottage. That was now nearly 4 years ago.

HamburgFoF

Quote from: leonffc on September 15, 2010, 08:40:44 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on September 15, 2010, 08:36:03 PM

That reminds me. Fat Fred and I penciled in plans to go and watch Volzy next year. Are tickets totally impossible to get or just almost impossible? And are you coming for a beer if we do HamburgFoF?

I already thought about taking my Fulham flag to a game in order to cheer him on... if I get a tkt. Nothing is impossible. Hope is the last thing to die...I reckon the situation on the tkt front will improve once they had finished the new stadium, which has been built on the same site over the last couple of years. There's only one stand left, which has to be replaced by a new one.

Travers Barney

Fred reckons it was the scousers... he may well be right but when/if you get that ticket to a home St Pauli game Andreas,I know you'll be looking out for the Motspur Park flag/Demon Internet shirt..no-one could have done more than you to retrieve.

Great to catch up again Saturday with you and the two new members of the Hamburginian/St Paulian Fulham fraternity...top guys as always.

Hope the boy enjoyed the Fulham mug.

See you in October.

We are the whites.

We are the whites

FatFreddysCat

For tickets to St Pauli Hamburg FOF it might be worth Emailing Volzy, i'm sure he'd go out of his way to help, I've heard so many good stories about him, a true Fulham Legend. As Leon says i'd love to go to see him play if i can afford it, what about away games? Berlin, Frankfurt and Bremen are cheap to get to, what would the ticket situation be like for them?

HamburgFoF

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on September 15, 2010, 11:15:29 PM
For tickets to St Pauli Hamburg FOF it might be worth Emailing Volzy, i'm sure he'd go out of his way to help, I've heard so many good stories about him, a true Fulham Legend. As Leon says i'd love to go to see him play if i can afford it, what about away games? Berlin, Frankfurt and Bremen are cheap to get to, what would the ticket situation be like for them?

...The ticket situation for away games should be better, I reckon. But I think you've to be one of the the early birds..., especially if you intent to go in a group. This season an away game against Hertha Berlin is not possible, as Berlin were relegated and St. Pauli gained promotion to the Bundesliga. Emailing Volzy is definetely worth thinking about.

HamburgFoF

Quote from: Travers Barney on September 15, 2010, 09:43:29 PM
Fred reckons it was the scousers... he may well be right but when/if you get that ticket to a home St Pauli game Andreas,I know you'll be looking out for the Motspur Park flag/Demon Internet shirt..no-one could have done more than you to retrieve.

Great to catch up again Saturday with you and the two new members of the Hamburginian/St Paulian Fulham fraternity...top guys as always.

Hope the boy enjoyed the Fulham mug.

See you in October.

We are the whites.

...BarneyTravers,

yes, the boys enjoyed the Fulham experience very much, as always. They told me we have to repeat it one day.
I'm quite disappointed that all the efforts to find your flag & shirt ended fruitless. But I'll stay on the ball. You deserve it.

COYW & LFP