NFR - Whereabouts are you?

Started by Keynsham, October 24, 2017, 01:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarks

Quote from: f321ffc on October 26, 2017, 07:58:48 AM
Quote from: Holders on October 25, 2017, 11:00:49 AM
Quote from: HV71 on October 24, 2017, 09:17:59 PM
On the edge of the Hurtwood,just outside Abinger Hammer, in the Surrey Hills

Lovely. You know why it's called Hurt Wood, I assume?

At one point in my life I worked out that I'd lived, on average, 18 months in any one house - and that included 12 years in one. So my story is (if I can remember them all): Dorking, Norwood Hill (south Surrey), Slinfold, Capel, Westcott, Westcott, Dorking, Dorking, Worthing, Biggin Hill, Crowborough, Dunsfold, Scoriton (south Dartmoor) and now between Tiverton and Bampton. That's an average of 4.5 years in each place, including 12 years in one at Dorking, 20 at Dunsfold and 10 at Scoriton.

Shaldon South Devon, but I'm a bit of  a wanderer we have just celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary and looking back we have lived in 10 different houses and are currently looking for our next house.
Born Battersea  moved to Devon 30 years ago and love it but starting not to love the all day travelling for a trip to the Cottage. 092.gif 049:gif

Shaldon is my favourite part of the country, we try to go down there every year, it's the place we want to retire to.

In Southampton now, so a four hour round trip to the cottage, usually worth it, and if it's not the drive home gets it out of my system.

bobbo

Born queen charlottes lived in claybrook rd - where Charing Cross hospital stands now - lived in Ruislip till I got married 1965 and then moved to Hillingdon, where I've lived till now. However if my wife was still alive I'm sure we'd be in west dorset somewhere.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

bill taylors apprentice

I am in Lincoln, a few hundred yards from the West gate of the Castle and a bit further from the Cathedral.
Looking the other way, I am 5 minute walk from the proper countryside.

I have just seen the Red Arrows practising literally over head (again) as they are based a couple of miles further north. In recent weeks I've seen Hurricanes, Spitfires and the last flying Lancaster flying over the town centre, none of which is unusual up here.

There will be a restored first WW tank driven through the streets on Armistice day!

Moved here over two years ago via Fulham, Tooting, Sutton, Epsom and Woking and its bloody marvellous, that might be a bit over the top but while there's some dodgy areas and people I love the history and people actually talk to each other!

Its interesting living in a City (its a town with a Cathedral really) were there's only one Football Club and their on the up, the feel good factor is palpable!

I have a 10 year old Daughter and theres an amazing amount of things for kids to do here