more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you start Cairney tomorrow ?

Started by Riversider, October 27, 2017, 01:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

It's a no from me (sadly)
He's clearly not 100% fit, and possibly won't be all season, we've now got three games in six days , and Wolves and Bristol City provide bigger challenges than Bolton,
So no Cairney or Fonte for me tomorrow with a debut for Soares.

JakeFFC

Quote from: Riversider on October 27, 2017, 01:58:02 PM
He's clearly not 100% fit, and possibly won't be all season, we've now got three games in six days , and Wolves and Bristol City provide bigger challenges than Bolton,

Why no Fonte? has he picked up an injury?

Riversider

Quote from: JakeFFC on October 27, 2017, 01:59:37 PM
Quote from: Riversider on October 27, 2017, 01:58:02 PM

Why no Fonte? has he picked up an injury?

Fully fit, just feel that we've got better options, and if we play Kamara he must play in the centre

Robbie

Cairney - no.
Fonte - difficult one, he has a lot of stick for not scoring but he knows how to pull defenses apart with good movement.

Burt

Agree re Cairney, clearly not 100% there yet, and the games are coming in thick and fast.

MJG

Just the views of a long term fan

colinwhite

I think he will start cairney tomorrow taking him off after 60 if we are ahead.

Holders

Quote from: Burt on October 27, 2017, 03:40:09 PM
Agree re Cairney, clearly not 100% there yet, and the games are coming in thick and fast.

Yes, maybe have him on the bench for only if really needed. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

filham

No to Cairney, we want him 100% fit as soon as possible, he really is not much use to us 75% fit and only able to play half a match.

Woolly Mammoth

No I would not play him, as he clearly has a problem which can only be made worse in the long term. If we are in a position that we cannot perform because of the absence of one player, then we are not good enough to achieve promotion, and highlights how much the recruitment wooden tops left us with not enough quality cover in up to 4 positions, one of them being Cairneys.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BedsFFC

Many of you seem to have a really good handle on TC's issue.

The club will be managing his situation.

All I see is a player that had a knee issue, didn't have much of a pre-season. He clearly wasn't match fit when we played against Leeds and Ipswich. That was in August. He was rested for a very long time, slowly back into light training, then has been eased into full training. He has come on as a sub for the last two games and is clearly getting fitter.

There are lots of conditions that improve through strengthening.

Some of you are talking about being out for a long time. I don't see this on the evidence. I see him playing more regularly, getting stronger and then starting. Possibly tomorrow.

He is a player that when on his game, takes some real hits. He took some damage last season. If someone goes through him it could certainly put him out long term but that can happen at any time

BedsFFC

Quote from: Statto on October 27, 2017, 10:03:09 PM
Quote from: BedsFFC on October 27, 2017, 07:07:57 PM
Some of you are talking about being out for a long time. I don't see this on the evidence. I see him playing more regularly, getting stronger and then starting. Possibly tomorrow.

It's 2 months since his last start, 6 months since he looked good for 90 minutes, so we are already talking a long time

Kind of my point. I've seen some people saying he could be out all season

One Martin Thomas

No point playing Cairney until after int break.

We Are Premier League

No TC for me

Sess          Fonte              Ayite
     Johansen    Kebano
                  McD
Odoi    Ream    Kalas     Fred

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: mlangstrom on October 28, 2017, 10:47:50 AM
No TC for me

Johansen    Kebano
                  McD

I see you have decided to go without a Goalkeeper which is a brave move, but to only have ten, and start with one man shy, even if it is against Bolton Wanderers is for me one risk too far. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rubbernecca

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 28, 2017, 11:29:36 AM
No TC for me

Johansen    Kebano
                  McD

I see you have decided to go without a Goalkeeper which is a brave move, but to only have ten, and start with one man shy, even if it is against Bolton Wanderers is for me one risk too far. 

We need to start taking big risks.

filham

No TC for me

Johansen    Kebano
                  McD
Yes that team looks good to me but I would be tempted to replace Fonte with Kamara at half time.

TC's Sporran

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 28, 2017, 11:29:36 AM
No TC for me

Johansen    Kebano
                  McD

play cairney in goal
all the play will be in their half, giving him a gentle introduction back into the blood and thunder of the championship
plus it ewill be that quiet back there he can sign autographs

BedsFFC

So, a bit of good news for all of us and a pleasant surprise for many on this thread who were saying not to play TC.

He's tweeted tonight that whilst disappointed with the result, he's pleased he got through 90 mins and feeling good

SP