watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Bristol?

Started by @jolslover, October 29, 2017, 05:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

So what lineup would you go with against Bristol. Could be argued something needs to be changed so post your ideas

I would personally go with a 433
Button, Fredericks Kalas Ream Sessegnon, Mcdonald Johansen Cairney, Kebano Fonte Ayite.

I feel we can get the best out of Fonte if he is played up top however harsh on Kamara that may be. Also feel that Kamara could give us something different off the bench if things aren't going well. A lineup similar to Ipswich away which has been our best performance of the season to date.
STH H3

SuffolkWhite

Would this work? Something different at least.

Button

Odoi    Kallas   Ream

Fredricks        Johansen   McD    Cairny              Sess

Fonte

AK
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on October 29, 2017, 05:34:33 PM
  Would this work? Something different at least.

Button

Odoi    Kallas   Ream

Fredricks        Johansen   McD    Cairny              Sess

Fonte

AK

Harsh on Ayite and Kebano, but I understand your logic.
Something different and unpredictable has to be tried as we have become stale, and teams have successfully set their stall out to counter us.
So I am up for anything that will secure a rare home win, and kick start our season whilst we are still in touch with the play offs.
Something has to be done.
I would also like to see Mollo and Graham involved somewhere along the line.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

I'd go.                                 Betts
Fred.                      Kalas                  Ream.          Odoi.         
Kebano.         Johansen.    Kmac.      Cairney.    Sess
                                         Ayité
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

twang

Bettinelli
Fredericks - Odoi - Ream - Sessegnon/Soares
Cairney - McDonald - Johansen
Mollo - Kamara - Ayite

Bench: Button, Kalas, Sessegnon/Soares, Cisse, Norwood, Kebano & Fonte

filham

Jocanovic seems intent on staying with Sess. a right back and if Cairny anf Johanson are fit then the defence and midfield are certain to be as follows:-

Button
                                 Fredericks  Kallas        Ream        Sess
                                                           McDonald
                                           Cairney                       Johanson

AK47 is the best we have to play up top so that just leaves the two wide men to be selected from :-
Ayite
Fonte
Mollo
Kebano
Norwood

Or perhaps the mysterious number 36 who was a late ,late sub. on Saturday, anyone know anything about him.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: filham on October 29, 2017, 07:02:52 PM
Jocanovic seems intent on staying with Sess. a right back and if Cairny anf Johanson are fit then the defence and midfield are certain to be as follows:-

Button
                                                           McDonald

AK47 is the best we have to play up top so that just leaves the two wide men to be selected from :-
Ayite
Fonte
Mollo
Kebano
Norwood

Or perhaps the mysterious number 36 who was a late ,late sub. on Saturday, anyone know anything about him.

Luca Dela Torre. A very decent American youngster. First league game thoyght I think he's featured in the EFL cup a few times.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on October 29, 2017, 08:19:48 PM
Quote from: filham on October 29, 2017, 07:02:52 PM

Button
                                                           McDonald

Ayite
Fonte
Mollo
Kebano
Norwood

Luca Dela Torre. A very decent American youngster. First league game thoyght I think he's featured in the EFL cup a few times.

This guy is more than a decent prospect, he has potential, I was pleased to see him included in the squad. I am sure not before long he will get more opportunities, and given enough game time to show what he can do.

Never forget your Roots.

EastEndWhite

No need to change the keeper (yet).

Woolly Mammoth

I can understand why some people would rather see Betts back between the sticks. But at this stage, I feel that would be unfair and cruel on Button who is not to blame for the teams indifferent form, otherwise there are 4 or 5 others that could be held responsible for our lack of success also.

Never forget your Roots.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Statto on October 30, 2017, 01:49:44 PM
Agree with the OP, give Fonte one last chance in the centre of attack. Not been impressed with Kamara since his purple patch so I'd drop him sadly

Button

Fredericks - Kalas - Ream - Odoi/Soares

McDonald - Johansen - Norwood/Cairney

Ayite - Fonte - Sessegnon/Kebano

You mean the last two games since coming back from injury? Bit harsh, perhaps?

We cant write off our new players after the equivalent of 5 games (in Kamaras case) and 7 games (Fonte). Kebano last season was crap for the first half season and only became useful after Xmas.

Chutney

Quote from: fulhamben on October 29, 2017, 06:50:11 PM
                                         Ayité

This, very similar to the side we tore Newcastle apart with at st james' park last season, Sess needs to be playing an attacking role, odoi has earned his place by performing well whenever called upon so far and Kebano is always a threat, that front 3 could be really fluid and a nightmare to mark. Whats frustrating is that all those named were here last season, and it seems our strongest squad contains exactly 0 of the new signings, what a truly awful transfer window we had in terms of improving our starting 11.

Also, button can't be trusted, for all his good saves he seems determined to cost us points at times, very nearly gifted Bolton a 2nd at the weekend by passing the ball straight out to their striker for no apparent reason, would 100% go with betts.
C O Y W

J.Perkins

Quote from: Chutney on October 30, 2017, 02:53:57 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 29, 2017, 06:50:11 PM
                                         Ayité

This, very similar to the side we tore Newcastle apart with at st james' park last season, Sess needs to be playing an attacking role, odoi has earned his place by performing well whenever called upon so far and Kebano is always a threat, that front 3 could be really fluid and a nightmare to mark. Whats frustrating is that all those named were here last season, and it seems our strongest squad contains exactly 0 of the new signings, what a truly awful transfer window we had in terms of improving our starting 11.

Also, button can't be trusted, for all his good saves he seems determined to cost us points at times, very nearly gifted Bolton a 2nd at the weekend by passing the ball straight out to their striker for no apparent reason, would 100% go with betts.

Button blindness is at it again.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

As much as I like AK's efforts and underestimated ability, we paid 9 million for a striker and that's not
where he's playing.
eg: there was a near post cross, from Fred on Saturday, which was perfect for a near post sniffer
which is not where he's playing.
He's dropping too deep, we have enough of those type of players, he needs to be in the box
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Baszab

Need Kamara - helps to make space and also an outlet for long ball - we miss Martin he certainly helped the shape of the team last year when he could be bothered to try

westcliff white

I wouldn't drop Button, bar that awful kick last Saturday he hasn't done much wrong, Kebano missed to golden chances so he wouldn't start for me, for me Kebano has one good game coming of the bench then a decent game after starting the fades away for a game or two.

I would go with

Button

Freddericks
Kalas
Ream
Sess

MacDonald
Johanssen
Cairney

Mollo
Kamara
Ayite

Subs
Bettenelli
Odoi
Djalo
Norwood
Kebano
Fonte
Cisse

Every day is a Fulham day

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: westcliff white on October 31, 2017, 07:49:28 AM
I wouldn't drop Button, bar that awful kick last Saturday he hasn't done much wrong, Kebano missed to golden chances so he wouldn't start for me, for me Kebano has one good game coming of the bench then a decent game after starting the fades away for a game or two.

I would go with

Button

Freddericks
Kalas
Ream
Sess

MacDonald
Johanssen
Cairney

Mollo
Kamara
Ayite

Subs
Bettenelli
Odoi
Djalo
Norwood
Kebano
Fonte
Cisse

+1 though if fit Id like to see Soares off the bench for 20.

Madman Maddle

Button

Fredericks-Kalas-Ream-Soares

Cairney-McDonald-Johansen

Sessegnon-Kamara-Mollo

Sessegnon and Mollo cutting inside, leaving more room for the fullbacks to overlap. We won't score many goals with traditional wingers floating in crosses anyway. At least Sess and Mollo are good shooters compared to the other wide players we have and cutting inside on the strong foot puts lots of stress on defenders. I'm baffled Jokane doesn't do this more often since it would suit our playing style much better.

Joseffc

As far as I have read we are naming the same squad of players as against Bolton. So, from that 17 named I would start with the following, however I would be keen to include and see more of Soares, Mollo and Graham too (if we don't use the likes of him in a gameweek where have 3 games in 6 days, whats the point?):

Button

Fredericks
Kalas
Ream
Odoi

KMAC
Cairney
Johansen

Kebano
AK
Sess

JakeFFC

For me it would be;

Button (Betts is a fan favourite but Button shouts and controls his defence better IMO, I can hear him from where I sit, I haven't heard Betts)

Fred
Kalas
Ream
Soares (would really like to see him play and the hype about him, no idea why he wasn't debuted vs Bolton)

Johan
Cairney
McD

Mollo
Fonte (Stay in the middle and on the last man, his runs are very intelligent and drags people all over the place)
Kamara (why his pace isn't being used out wide with fred overlapping I don't know)

I like Fonte, I think he isn't being used right or well. He is a striker on the wing, our front 3 have this 'fluid' approach that Jok goes on about where they keep rotating and switching but it means a striker plays wing etc, this means we have a winger upfront with a good chance and our finishing becomes woeful because we play wingers instead of strikers in this formation. Yes professionals should be able to shoot and score but would you rather have a winger or a striker with a 1 on 1?
Fonte isn't blessed with pace, I don't know why he is being played out wide.

Ayite, for me has escaped criticism. Yes he scored vs Bolton with a good run which should have stood. Other than that I have thought his finishing and performances in the last few games have been sub par. He seems to be a shoe in each week in the team and has dropped in form. Bench him for 1 game and it may be the boost to step up another level.