watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We can't beat the bottom team at home yet QPR can beat the best team in Div

Started by The Swan, October 29, 2017, 09:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

How can we play so bad ( the worst performance so far this season). We can't even beat the bottom team and yet QPR can beat the best team in this division.

Our passing was awful, our marking was non existing, our tackling was weak and our shots on target was just zero.

We needed a plan B. We did not have one so we plodded on and got a break in added time ( again)

Nearly all Bolton players were well over 6' tall.

We needed a tall striker to unsettle them. We have not got a tall striker now. As we sold our only tall striker to QPR.

Oh he scored again for them to beat the best team in this division.

Maybe Smith was not to everyone liking but he could have been our plan B against the worst team in this division
The Swan

EastEndWhite

Quote from: The Swan on October 29, 2017, 09:18:52 PM
How can we play so bad ( the worst performance so far this season). We can't even beat the bottom team and yet QPR can beat the best team in this division.

Agreed - we didn't play well on Saturday and yet we beat QPR away. So what's your point?

ron

Surely the point is to win matches against weaker opposition at home. The points come in handy in April and May.....

hovewhite

SuffolkWhite

It is strange this season how we have moments of playing well in games and then in the penalty area's where all the action is we miss goal opportunities or defend badly, I don't think we get the rub of the green either at the moment.

I think the commitments there from the players but things continue not to click. It's the first time after a game this season that I felt we missed Aluko, and I was open minded to losing him as if a player wants to go no point keeping him around IMO. But a Aluko type player would get the ball take two or even three defenders out and bring others in to the game.

What is the answer? I'm not sure. But at least play to the whistle which we didn't do with their goal. Maybe joka is right and it's about being more clinical in the penalty areas' and he knows what the problem is and can sought it out.

The league this year is tighter than last season at the moment and that gives us a chance of the Play Offs, we don't look promotion contenders!!!!

We over achieved last season, but lets remember where we were before be got this manager. It is a hard robust  league to get out of.

My two penny's anyway.

COYW

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

MJG

Just the views of a long term fan

Southcoastffc

I play golf, usually on two consecutive weekdays. Sometimes on day 1 I am rubbish and on day 2 I play really well. Sometimes on day 1 I play really well and on day 2 I'm rubbish. Sometimes I play equally well or poorly on both days. That's sport.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

SuffolkWhite

Tbh MJG, I enjoy going to the Cottage no matter what league we are in and if we win most of our games then I'm happy. I could be accused of no ambition but I have enjoyed this league. I do want trips to Europe again to watch us play which does mean being in the Prem, but it is what it is at the moment.

I look forward to my next game which will be Derby at home. And I really do dislike Derby and want to beat them big time.

One game at a time.

049:gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 30, 2017, 08:22:57 AM
I play golf, usually on two consecutive weekdays. Sometimes on day 1 I am rubbish and on day 2 I play really well. Sometimes on day 1 I play really well and on day 2 I'm rubbish. Sometimes I play equally well or poorly on both days. That's sport.

But unlike the Fulham players, I assume you are playing for pleasure, and you are not getting paid for it like they are. Because if their performances were pay related, then some of the players might be banging on the door of the managers office seeking a sub until the end of the month.
That was a poor goal we conceded on Saturday, and not the first time this season.
My worry is, how many more poor goals are we to concede before the season is out.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 30, 2017, 08:35:30 AM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 30, 2017, 08:22:57 AM

But unlike the Fulham players, I assume you are playing for pleasure, and you are not getting paid for it like they are. Because if their performances were pay related, then some of the players might be banging on the door of the managers office seeking a sub until the end of the month.
That was a poor goal we conceded on Saturday, and not the first time this season.
My worry is, how many more poor goals are we to concede before the season is out.
But in all types of professional sport every one and every team makes mistakes against all levels.
At his best Woods was almost unbeatable, but he didn't win every tournament he entered.
Man City for all there slick passing attacking play still let in goals.

Its human fallibility. Yes it should improve as the skill set gets better and professionals should get the basics right.
But if they did, my god what a soul destroying sport that would be.
Just the views of a long term fan

toshes mate

I like the golfing analogy in as much as 'form' is always a whisker away, be it good, bad, or indifferent.  Team sports like football have the same problem multiplied by eleven, or more when substitutions are made, and the 'click' required for 'good form' to engage either appears, refuses to appear, or disappears into the ether.  The hard work on the training grounds is as much about how players respond to adversity as it is to how they respond to being in the ascendancy, and, as MJG implies, if it were easy to jig form then the game would quickly be stalemated.

What we do know is that SJ can fashion a good footballing team but it does take time especially when you are continually having to reshuffle the pack as absentees and injuries take their toll.  It will turn around but there will always be the results that turn tables upside down because that is the nature of any game.

jeremyfulham

That is the beauty of football isn't it ? 049:gif

Marcel_Gecov

Chelsea lost to palace a few weeks ago who got beaten by 9 to 0 against the two Manchester clubs in the games ahead of that...

So many reasons why these teams dont perform as they should and it is the idea that Bolton could stop us which is what makes Football interesting. If the best team always won then it would be incredibly boring.

RaySmith

Robots playing football will soon be possible, if it isn't already - and then they can be programmed never to make a mistake.

The top teams will have the  most advanced, and expensive, robots, and there will be scale of  robot technology  going down to the non -league, who will have part-time robots.

This will eliminate all  this  flaky human error rubbish, and mean that  you will never waste your money attending , or paying to watch or listen to, a game again in which your team is beaten by a team It Should Beat. Every match will be completely predictable  in outcome, and punters can go home happy.

Don't like seeing your team lose? - then  you just don't go to  game in which your team is playing a more advanced robot - every club will have to state clearly exactly what standard of robots they have, at least one month before a game.

FFC1987

I mean, people batting off a poor result against Bolton, saying 'thats football' aren't factoring in the poor results all season. Our Home record is woeful, our away is pretty good. A team like us, should be pushing for solid Home wins whilst being good enough to pick up points away, not relying on our away form. Our start to the season is worrying, not to be taken lightly. We're giving away points at Home to not only teams who'll be fighting for a playoff spot, but also to bottom 3 teams now. The longer this continues, the more we're relying on improbable form runs like that year.....Sadly, I think we'll miss out on top 6.

RaySmith

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 30, 2017, 12:00:05 PM
I mean, people batting off a poor result against Bolton, saying 'thats football' aren't factoring in the poor results all season. Our Home record is woeful, our away is pretty good. A team like us, should be pushing for solid Home wins whilst being good enough to pick up points away, not relying on our away form. Our start to the season is worrying, not to be taken lightly. We're giving away points at Home to not only teams who'll be fighting for a playoff spot, but also to bottom 3 teams now. The longer this continues, the more we're relying on improbable form runs like that year.....Sadly, I think we'll miss out on top 6.

Or you could  get behind the team, help inspire them to an improvement in their performances at home.

It's entirely possible for us to  improve our results and get into a play-off place. Why give up so early into the season?

FFC1987

Quote from: RaySmith on October 30, 2017, 12:04:56 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on October 30, 2017, 12:00:05 PM

Or you could  get behind the team, help inspire them to an improvement in their performances at home.

It's entirely possible for us to  improve our results and get into a play-off place. Why give up so early into the season?

Depends what your definition of support is really. I'm supportive but i'm trying to be realistic. I'll support even if we end up 13th or lower but I won't polish a turd. i'm not a boo'er or someone that jeers from the sidelines if someoens had a bad game etc.  I've stated its possible, but in my opinion, improbable and I don't foresee a drastic change in form to emulate last season tis all i'm saying. I'm only stating my opinion based on what i've seen....and it doesn't look good.

Woolly Mammoth

The players should be able to inspire themselves, they get well paid for it.
It's enough we have to go there and pay good money to see them flounder on their own patch against bottom of the table teams.  We have tried inspiring them, and they have let us down, let themselves down, and let each other down, and not forgetting letting the manager down. Or has he let them down. Who knows, but what I do fear, is that we have been lacking in preperation for this season.
I have no confidence in the recruitment department and their negotiating, who couldn't sell a life belt to a drowning man.  and it's coming back to bite us. Unless we turn it around starting tomorrow, and then go to Molyneux and bring something home from there, like 3 points because they owe us that. 

Never forget your Roots.

aaronmcguigan

Big teams pre season like us and Wolves have been put up on a pedestal by the so called smaller teams, and those sorts will pounce on any type of off day and make it count. Unfortunately we have too many off days at the Cottage

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Newry FFC on October 30, 2017, 08:33:00 PM
Big teams pre season like us and Wolves have been put up on a pedestal by the so called smaller teams, and those sorts will pounce on any type of off day and make it count. Unfortunately we have too many off days at the Cottage

Too many offdays are down to a soft mentality on and off the pitch. The responsibility starts at the top, but it's been allowed to fester right through the club, because it's run by amateurs who are not qualified, simple as that, and add the weak mentality, and you have a recipe for failure.

Never forget your Roots.