watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Start Mollo

Started by terryr, October 30, 2017, 10:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

At least he takes a pop at goal once and a while and isn't afraid to get physical
That's all I have to say

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

hovewhite

He needs to start v bristol.

Woolly Mammoth

I would also play Mollo, he is tenacious and we need more of that.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Chutney

Problem is his fitness, he can realistically only do 25-30 mins right now, I'd certainly have him on the bench though.

http://startingeleven.co.uk/user-formation/215503
C O Y W

rubbernecca

He turned the Preston match around as an impact sub.  I don't understand why he isn't playing. Is he really injured?

Chutney

Quote from: rubbernecca on October 30, 2017, 12:31:48 PM
He turned the Preston match around as an impact sub.  I don't understand why he isn't playing. Is he really injured?

Don't think he's injured but he had no pre-season and is certainly not match fit.
C O Y W

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Chutney on October 30, 2017, 03:03:33 PM

Don't think he's injured but he had no pre-season and is certainly not match fit.

Then why did Fulham bother signing him.

Never forget your Roots.

Chutney

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 30, 2017, 03:14:53 PM

Because the owners Son is in charge of our recruitment team. That's probably harsh on Mollo who looks a good player, but should have been signed early enough to get him fit for the season ahead.
C O Y W

MJG

Quote from: Chutney on October 30, 2017, 03:36:34 PM

Because the owners Son is in charge of our recruitment team. That's probably harsh on Mollo who looks a good player, but should have been signed early enough to get him fit for the season ahead.
Maybe he was not available earlier in the window?
Just the views of a long term fan

Chutney

Quote from: MJG on October 30, 2017, 03:52:55 PM

Maybe he was not available earlier in the window?

Then maybe we should have gone for targets that were? Slav said he wanted signings in early, I can't remember the exact quote but it was along those lines, we did the same last summer with our late/unfit signings and it cost us points then too, clearly we haven't learned our lesson here. That said, at least Mollo looks a useful player from his few cameos so far.
C O Y W

Woolly Mammoth

Agreed, they couldn't run a bath.

Never forget your Roots.

MikeW

Sorry, I don't buy the fitness thing.  What else do they do every day?  He's been here since deadline day and if he wasn't the fittest when arrived he darn well should be by now.  Granted, game time is different but to suggest he could only last 30 minutes is ridiculous.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MikeW on October 30, 2017, 04:28:09 PM
Sorry, I don't buy the fitness thing.  What else do they do every day?  He's been here since deadline day and if he wasn't the fittest when arrived he darn well should be by now.  Granted, game time is different but to suggest he could only last 30 minutes is ridiculous.

That's a good question, what do they do all week, well they certainly do not practice corners, or how to defend set pieces.
For the second half of last season we were in the Fast Lane this season due to the failure to back Slavisa and spend serious money on quality players like a Striker and a Centre Back, we now find ourselves in the Bus Lane.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: Chutney on October 30, 2017, 10:42:02 AM
Problem is his fitness, he can realistically only do 25-30 mins right now, I'd certainly have him on the bench though.

http://startingeleven.co.uk/user-formation/215503
Our attack needs something different about it , City will come to the Cottage knowing just how to stop us from scoring in the same way that Preston and Bolton did.

Agree that Sess. should be moved forward, AK47 in place of Fonte please and have Mollo ready for a second half sub.
If the problem with Mollo is match fitness then the solution is to give him some game time.

MikeW

Nicely put Woolly.

Mike W
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

bobbo

I too would like to him in, although I worry about him getting in to trouble due his strong physical approach.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

mrmicawbers

You only get match fit by playing games,i would start with him and sub him when he start blowing out of his arse.We need to hit teams hard in the first half an hour IMO.

rubbernecca

Quote from: mrmicawbers on October 31, 2017, 09:38:57 AM
You only get match fit by playing games,i would start with him and sub him when he start blowing out of his arse.We need to hit teams hard in the first half an hour IMO.

Agreed - and we definitely need to score the first goal against Bristol.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rubbernecca on October 31, 2017, 03:58:12 PM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on October 31, 2017, 09:38:57 AM

Agreed - and we definitely need to score the first goal against Bristol.

I agree with both your comments, start Mollo and score first. It's not Rocket Science, but to some it appears to be.

Never forget your Roots.