watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where do we go from here

Started by MaidenheadMick, October 31, 2017, 09:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaidenheadMick

Can't see any way out of this mess. Can't score and can't defend. That my fellow FFC fans spells disaster. WTF has gone wrong in 5 months.

ron

No variation in play. Predictable. Found out. Disaster awaits if we carry on this way, expecting things to work out in the end.

ScalleysDad

If the post match interview trots out the 'problems in both boxes' thing again it will be like saying it's broke and I have'nt a clue.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: MaidenheadMick on October 31, 2017, 09:47:02 PM
Can't see any way out of this mess. Can't score and can't defend. That my fellow FFC fans spells disaster. WTF has gone wrong in 5 months.

It's down to two things. 1) we have lost the unpredictability factor that we had last season as was always going to happen. 2) we haven't replaced Malone or Aluko adequately and the new strikers have yet to hit top form.

Joka and the players must take a bit share of the blame as well of course, but I wasn't convinced by our transfer window when it closed and I've been proved right so far.

CincyFulham1

Quote from: Statto on October 31, 2017, 09:50:06 PM
Think the manager has to go if (when) we lose Friday

Don't blame him for this mess, think he's been given an impossible task, but we look to have reached a point where only a fresh face and approach can fix it

Of course changing the manager will mean this season is a write off, and another overhaul next summer no doubt. The real problem is the Khans but who's going to sack them?

SJ has no plan B and you can't blame that on the Khans. You act like SJ has no say in the players brought in which has been debunked already and you can't blame the Khans for players just going through the motions.  ..Oh I forgot you always blame the Khans so never mind.

Hoppus

If they sack Slav I hope they have a new manager lined up.
But we also need a new transfer policy.

Bassey the warrior

Don't blame him for this mess, think he's been given an impossible task, but we look to have reached a point where only a fresh face and approach can fix it

Of course changing the manager will mean this season is a write off, and another overhaul next summer no doubt. The real problem is the Khans but who's going to sack them?

We won't get a better manager than Joka. That would be short termism and a mistake.

FFC1987

Honestly? Treat the season like one long pre season. Get rid of the deadwood in the squad, play more of the youngsters as long as we don't drop into bottom 5 and see if they'll be good enough for a big push next year where we take the cream we left from this window into the next one and just pray we can inspire the likes of McDonald/Cairney/Sess to be our foundation. Look, from now on spending good money on a keeper, a leader at the back and a goal scoring striker. I'd be having serious discussions with the manager about the current failings and how pre season to now went so badly and if it was 'box to box we aren't clinical enough' i'd likely put the fire into him and access his position at end of season. Its an utter shambles.....

SWSixer

I find it incredible we are still just 4 points outside the playoff spots.

I keep assuming it will click into place. And I keep waiting..

Wearethewhites

3-4 games from now, and still with poor form, and a coach who only has one way of playing, fans will be saying, it'll be ludicrous to get rid of Jokanovic.

I think fans are in love with Jokanovic himself, rather than his coaching abilities.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on October 31, 2017, 09:56:32 PM

We won't get a better manager than Joka. That would be short termism and a mistake.

We won't get a better manager than Jokanovic? I think you're one of those fans who I was talking about above.

Denver Fulham

The team, at present, are ponderously slow. There's no pace at all. No penetrating passes. No holdup play like from He Who Won't Be Named, and no striker to get in behind. Everything is tedious and, if not negative, then not pressuring anyone.

And I agree with GJ's comment today: Our workrate without the ball is WAY below last season's. Combo platter of injury effect, guys playing well below par, and roster changes.

The combination is we don't threaten very much, and we give up a lot of cheap goals on quick counters.

Jonaldiniho 88

So poor. The three at the back wasn't working well before they scored, then scored. I love Slav but he seems to have given up. Please proove me wrong

JoelH5

Why do you think we are so poor defensively this year? Or was it just the case last season that as we scored so many, it papered over the cracks?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

cookieg

ron

Quote from: cookieg on October 31, 2017, 10:13:12 PM
Simon Grayson is available.

Larry Grayson would have more ideas in defending..."shut that door"......

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 31, 2017, 10:05:51 PM

We won't get a better manager than Jokanovic? I think you're one of those fans who I was talking about above.

Or maybe I'm one of the fans that remembers what it's been like since Mark Hughes left. Joka is indisputably our best manager since Hughes and by a long distance. He wasn't properly backed in the window and he should be in January.

Mince n Tatties

I said a couple of weeks ago since he came back I thought Kalas has been our worst defender..I stand by that.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on October 31, 2017, 10:19:40 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 31, 2017, 10:05:51 PM

Or maybe I'm one of the fans that remembers what it's been like since Mark Hughes left. Joka is indisputably our best manager since Hughes and by a long distance. He wasn't properly backed in the window and he should be in January.

On what basis Is he out best manager?

cookieg

Quote from: ron on October 31, 2017, 10:16:05 PM
Quote from: cookieg on October 31, 2017, 10:13:12 PM
Simon Grayson is available.

Larry Grayson would have more ideas in defending..."shut that door"......

Very true.