News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Don't care about the points tomorrow night !

Started by Riversider, November 02, 2017, 04:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Riversider on November 02, 2017, 04:41:33 PM
Honestly I don't, Wolves away was always going to be a bit of a right off with anything gained to be treated as an unexpected bonus ,
BUT , tomorrow night is far more important than either the points at stake or the scoreline ,what I want to see is eleven highly motivated players, feeling ten feet tall for putting the white shirt on, eleven players busting their gut for the Manager and for the fans, eleven players that look as though they care , eleven players that never give up and eleven players that leave everything on the pitch,
All the above should be a basic requirement but sadly little of it has been evident these last few weeks ,
Defeat I can handle but heads dropping and appalling body language I can't,
Let's hope they show they want to do it for Slavisa , the fans and the shirt, anything less and serious questions will have to be asked !
COYSW

Can't agree with this. While everyone agrees this is what we want to see, highly motivated players giving their all, why should we have to wait 15 odd games to see this?
Everyone can take a sub par performance being restricted by a better team, this may well happen on Friday, but we have underperformed in 95% of our matches this season and the players haven't / don't look motivated. If they start now, what and why has it changed , how do we maintain it etc, an inspiring performance tomoro poses as many questions as it answers, as welcome as it will be.

They don't look as if they are playing for the manager and while your message is upbeat, motivational, quite inspiring to be fair, a simple message like that should be all our players need to play their heart out but we don't see it at all.

Matt10

Quote from: Newry FFC on November 02, 2017, 11:18:46 PM
Honestly I don't, Wolves away was always going to be a bit of a right off with anything gained to be treated as an unexpected bonus ,
BUT , tomorrow night is far more important than either the points at stake or the scoreline ,what I want to see is eleven highly motivated players, feeling ten feet tall for putting the white shirt on, eleven players busting their gut for the Manager and for the fans, eleven players that look as though they care , eleven players that never give up and eleven players that leave everything on the pitch,
All the above should be a basic requirement but sadly little of it has been evident these last few weeks ,
Let's hope they show they want to do it for Slavisa , the fans and the shirt, anything less and serious questions will have to be asked !
COYSW

Can't agree with this. While everyone agrees this is what we want to see, highly motivated players giving their all, why should we have to wait 15 odd games to see this?
Everyone can take a sub par performance being restricted by a better team, this may well happen on Friday, but we have underperformed in 95% of our matches this season and the players haven't / don't look motivated. If they start now, what and why has it changed , how do we maintain it etc, an inspiring performance tomoro poses as many questions as it answers, as welcome as it will be.

They don't look as if they are playing for the manager and while your message is upbeat, motivational, quite inspiring to be fair, a simple message like that should be all our players need to play their heart out but we don't see it at all.

I would tend to agree. The thing that TC talked about was belief, and I think that is a tough thing to come about this year - especially as the numbers are stacked against us.

I want to see urgency in the attack - and a plan going forward at least. I hope to see a shift in formation rather than personnel, but would not be surprised to see something mixed in.

Riversider

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 02, 2017, 10:16:45 PM
Then it's backs against the wall, and time to stand up and be counted. Take no prisoners, and no matter the scoreline stay resilient and concentrate. Roll those sleeves up, Fire in the belly's and sweat a little blood.
If your having a bad game you can still run around.

If you can spare a bit of time this evening, get yourself up to Wolverhampton for about 7pm , make your way in to the dressing room and repeat what you've just posted there,
We don't have the same quality as Wolves but there is no reason whatsoever why we shouldn't have the same passion or desire !
COYSW
No Guts No Glory ⚪️⚫️⚪️⚫️⚽️

Baszab

I care ..... I am actiually going ....to support and expecting a win

The Enclosurite

I will never write off any game before it's started... especially in this division!  We all know what our team is capable of if they get it right on the day, it's the reason we've been so frustrated watching them underperform in recent weeks/months.
¡COYW!

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Riversider on November 03, 2017, 07:13:53 AM
[quote a
Then it's backs against the wall, and time to stand up and be counted. Take no prisoners, and no matter the scoreline stay resilient and concentrate. Roll those sleeves up, Fire in the belly's and sweat a little blood.

If you can spare a bit of time this evening, get yourself up to Wolverhampton for about 7pm , make your way in to the dressing room and repeat what you've just posted there,
We don't have the same quality as Wolves but there is no reason whatsoever why we shouldn't have the same passion or desire !
COYSW

COYSW

Mince or Woolly mentioned the poor little girl in tears after the BC match
I'd take her into the dressing room, introduce her to our manager & "super stars" & ask them to explain why
they made her cry
why they let her down
what they were going to do to put it right to-night against Wolves

Time for a reality check for everyone

So COYW!

Woolly Mammoth

COYSW
I have attempted before on more than one occasion, but every time I tried they wouldn't open the Dressing room door. They said I might frighten the players.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Neil D

Quote from: davew on November 02, 2017, 09:13:46 PM
Sorry Twig, why has Joka's position been strengthened with the departure of Kline? I don't really think Kline had much input into picking the team, do you really?
Kline picked the players from which Jokanovic had to pick the team.  We are presently reaping what has been thus been sown.

Riversider

Kline picked the players from which Jokanovic had to pick the team.  We are presently reaping what has been thus been sown.
[/quote]

That's one line that can't be used tonight with Kline gone, this side is 100% Jokanovic's , let's see how the players respond for him, let's see if they get their head up and give him 100%
COYSW

Riversider

Anybody want to tell me that this group of players are willing to run through walls for Jokanovic ?
Can't see him surviving this month .

Riversider

COYSW

Posted that before the Wolves game, saw none of the desire that I asked for that night and saw even less in those Southampton hi lights ,
If we show the same amount of desire and passion against both Derby and Sheffield United we will get truly annihilated !
Jokanovic needs the squad 100% behind him this month , can he turn it around ?
Deflated, Dejected and Defeated today with trial by Sky only 9 days away.

BestOfBrede

Riversider

Quote from: BestOfBrede on November 09, 2017, 08:38:06 PM
IT WAS A FRiENDLY
FOR FITNESS!
090.gif

Is that why there was No marking, No tackling, No effort , No passion ?

Snibbo

McDonald appears to care. Not sure how many of the others do

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: BestOfBrede on November 09, 2017, 08:38:06 PM
IT WAS A FRiENDLY
FOR FITNESS!
090.gif

But it's also about good habits as well, and unfortunately there weren't any.
If this kind of performance is transferred into our next League match, and let's face it Derby County will take one look at our home record, rub their hands and go for the Juggler Vein.
So unless Jok has a cunning plan which I do not at this stage think he has.
Then unless Derby underestimate us and we get the rub of the green, I cannot see where our next home win is coming from, based on our injury situation and the general balance of the team, and current form of one or two key players who have gone off the boil.
The performance v Southampton mirrors currently where we are, and all appears not well. There is losing, and there is losing.
Any sportsman whether it's a friendly or not wants to win, it's called competing.
I do not like it if I lose the toss before a match, do they ?
Because if some of them do not particularly care any more for one reason or another.
Then our problems go deeper that we think.
It's one thing to lose form.
But it's a completely different scenario to not care, and to show you don't care, by body language and application.

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Quote from: Riversider on November 03, 2017, 07:35:25 PM
That's one line that can't be used tonight with Kline gone, this side is 100% Jokanovic's , let's see how the players respond for him, let's see if they get their head up and give him 100%
COYSW
Confucious say "When you have slipped on a bar of soap and broken your neck, removing the soap does not help matters'

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: toshes mate on November 10, 2017, 09:18:28 AM
Quote from: Riversider on November 03, 2017, 07:35:25 PM
COYSW
Confucious say "When you have slipped on a bar of soap and broken your neck, removing the soap doest not help matters'

He knew a thing or two.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

The question is are we now at rock bottom and  can Jocanovic turn things around or has it yet to get worse before it gets better. Difficult to see how we can improve against Derby without McDonald.

Turn the clock back two years to when Kit was sacked, were we not in a similar position to what we are now and management decided the only way to improve was to sign a new coach.

Woolly Mammoth

We have ten matches prior to the January window not one of them will be a picnic, they all smell our blood.
The outcome of those matches may define the outcome of our season, one way or another.
I do hope the club are beavering away burning the midnight oil 24/7 to resolve the weaknesses in our playing squad. Is the worst yet to come, like more injuries to key players.
But even if that was not the case, if the club have not already provisionaly completed a deal for a striker that can actually score a goal, and a centre back that can dominate in the air and on the deck, and they won't come cheap, two sheep and a goat will not buy a Sunday morning player, so they had better get their fat wallet out.
But that's just for starters.
A lot of work to be done, are they up to it, your guess is as good as mine. 

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Quote from: filham on November 10, 2017, 11:05:24 AM
The question is are we now at rock bottom and  can Jocanovic turn things around or has it yet to get worse before it gets better. Difficult to see how we can improve against Derby without McDonald.  Turn the clock back two years to when Kit was sacked, were we not in a similar position to what we are now and management decided the only way to improve was to sign a new coach.
I think there are so many things wrong at Fulham right now that another coaching change will simply exacerbate things.  The first thing the Club needs to do is to carefully examine the evidence and determine where the problems are, something they have continuously failed to do during the Khan reign jumping to conclusions all over the place instead.  Khan Snr needs to be here 24/7 during the analytical process of determining why things have gone awry and take full responsibility for making changes that will work - I will put it right or give up ownership of the Club moment for him.