News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Don't care about the points tomorrow night !

Started by Riversider, November 02, 2017, 04:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baszab

I doubt if any out of the Khans or the directors could care less now on this  season......providing (i)  we break even on player spend (ii) don't  look like we may go down (unlikely)

Riversider

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 10, 2017, 01:24:07 PM
We have ten matches prior to the January window not one of them will be a picnic, they all smell our blood.
The outcome of those matches may define the outcome of our season, one way or another.
I do hope the club are beavering away burning the midnight oil 24/7 to resolve the weaknesses in our playing squad. Is the worst yet to come, like more injuries to key players.
But even if that was not the case, if the club have not already provisionaly completed a deal for a striker that can actually score a goal, and a centre back that can dominate in the air and on the deck, and they won't come cheap, two sheep and a goat will not buy a Sunday morning player, so they had better get their fat wallet out.
But that's just for starters.
A lot of work to be done, are they up to it, your guess is as good as mine. 

Let's look at what we need, 2 big strapping centre half's, 2 dynamic midfielders that can cover for the struggling Cairney and Johansen and finally 2 strikers that can actually score goals and at the same time add a physical presence,
Is that about the gist of it ?
The January transfer window is notorious for being difficult to trade in and we need 5 or 6 decent players for us to improve and save our season , or put another way, no chance whatsoever !
So what is going to be vital in the second half of the season is that we have a squad of passionate players, that are well organised and all playing for the shirt, none of those requirements cost money and all should be a given,
I've already written off the Derby and Sheffield United games, the acid test will then be the games against Brentford and Millwall, can Jokanovic turn it around ?
I sincerely hope so.

filham

This thread will now serve well as a run up to the Derby match, in fact there is little hope of a change in performance so the thread could precede every match until the winter window kicks in or even to the end of the season.