News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Don't care about the points tomorrow night !

Started by Riversider, November 02, 2017, 04:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Honestly I don't, Wolves away was always going to be a bit of a right off with anything gained to be treated as an unexpected bonus ,
BUT , tomorrow night is far more important than either the points at stake or the scoreline ,what I want to see is eleven highly motivated players, feeling ten feet tall for putting the white shirt on, eleven players busting their gut for the Manager and for the fans, eleven players that look as though they care , eleven players that never give up and eleven players that leave everything on the pitch,
All the above should be a basic requirement but sadly little of it has been evident these last few weeks ,
Defeat I can handle but heads dropping and appalling body language I can't,
Let's hope they show they want to do it for Slavisa , the fans and the shirt, anything less and serious questions will have to be asked !
COYSW

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

EastEndWhite

And those of us who will be at the game also have our part to play (as always).

049:gif  049:gif  049:gif

Peabody

Never thought it would happen Riversider but this is one yours that I can agree with, not only that but appreciate

Twig

I agree and I am hopeful that with Kline gone and Joka's position strengthened (there was an obvious split between the two and Kline lost), we will see a properly motivated team.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Riversider on November 02, 2017, 04:41:33 PM
Honestly I don't, Wolves away was always going to be a bit of a right off with anything gained to be treated as an unexpected bonus ,
BUT , tomorrow night is far more important than either the points at stake or the scoreline ,what I want to see is eleven highly motivated players, feeling ten feet tall for putting the white shirt on, eleven players busting their gut for the Manager and for the fans, eleven players that look as though they care , eleven players that never give up and eleven players that leave everything on the pitch,
All the above should be a basic requirement but sadly little of it has been evident these last few weeks ,
Let's hope they show they want to do it for Slavisa , the fans and the shirt, anything less and serious questions will have to be asked !
COYSW

Let's hope they do what you hope they do.
But if they do manage to get a result by the means you suggest, Great.
But my question is, why didn't they do it before now, why wait until tomorrow.
If they can do it tomorrow by those means, then why haven't they done it before, because that signifies to me that they have not been giving 100% but are happy to pick up their massive salaries for loafing around the playing surface.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Playing away to the League leaders Wolves does not mean we are Doom ed to defeat, anymore than thinking that just turning up to play Bolton at home guarantees us a nailed on three points if you get my drift.
That's football, it's all on the day or on the night. But if you run faster and further and longer than your opponents you give yourselves a better chance of winning.

Never forget your Roots.

Chesh

COYSW
Agree with this - there's plenty of time to make the points up, if the attitude, belief and desire are right from now on in.

Tomorrow has to be the start of that (not the points, but the other things), and the players need to realise that if they believe in the manager like a lot of us, then they have to show it a hell of a lot more than they did on Tuesday night.

Obviously a win will be great, but the fight is the most important thing for me at Molineux, otherwise it could be a sign that he's starting to lose the dressing room.

Regrettably that would only end one way, but I really believe in Slav and want him to succeed...
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Chesh

Quote from: Statto on November 02, 2017, 06:56:24 PM
COYSW

But let's be honest... If we lose 2-0, you're not going to come on here and say it was great because, notwithstanding the scoreline, the players looked really motivated.

Also, if we're really motivated, we should come away with something.
(Not that I think we actually will)
Not great, no, but better.

If the team plays well, with passion, but still gets beat, then what more can you ask - it's a football match, not life or death, and every single person will have different feelings from the outcome.

As you say though it'd be nice to think that one might follow the other, but sometimes you just have to take a result on the chin.

For a lot of people, in the wider scheme of things, the performance is more important than the result for reasons already mentioned.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Woolly Mammoth

I can handle glorious defeat, when you know the players have given their all, but maybe were beaten by the better side.
But I expect Fulham to go out there and try and achieve a win, especially one with a clean sheet. Or at least come away unbeaten.
But if I have to, I will handle glorious defeat, nothing less will be acceptable.

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

Quote from: Statto on November 02, 2017, 06:56:24 PM
COYSW

But let's be honest... If we lose 2-0, you're not going to come on here and say it was great because, notwithstanding the scoreline, the players looked really motivated.

Also, if we're really motivated, we should come away with something.
(Not that I think we actually will)

WRONG !
You just don't get it do you ?
If all the things that I ask for are present tomorrow night , then I don't give a monkeys about the scoreline , I will be proud of every last one of them,
The same body language as Tuesday night and then there are bigger problems going on behind the scenes that we are yet to be made aware off,
All I want to see is desire, from the players and the manager, not too much to ask, is it ?

davew

COYSW
We all want that, but do you really think it is going to happen tomorrow? I suspect that there is a lot wrong off the pitch which we don't know about, as well as a lot wrong on the pitch which we are seeing on a too regular basis! I just hope we don't lose by more than 3 tomorrow and no more stupid sending offs!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: Twig on November 02, 2017, 05:43:02 PM
I agree and I am hopeful that with Kline gone and Joka's position strengthened (there was an obvious split between the two and Kline lost), we will see a properly motivated team.
Sorry Twig, why has Joka's position been strengthened with the departure of Kline? I don't really think Kline had much input into picking the team, do you really?

davew

Woolly your point earlier is a valid 1, why not perform before now, but as you know a change of management often causes an immediate turnaround in performance and results, why is that, I think I would call it player power! We haven't got a change in manager (yet), so I really can't see that Kline's overdue departure having any effect on how the players perform and who is there now to analyse and compare the stat's, oh I forgot another slide rule operator! My prediction having consulted my crystal ball, January 2018....new manager, sale of our best 2 players (financial value) i.e. Sess and TC, more signings none of whom will enhance our team/squad and a miserable 15th/16th finish in the table this season. Apart from that the future looks rosy!!

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 02, 2017, 07:55:10 PM
I can handle glorious defeat, when you know the players have given their all, but maybe were beaten by the better side.
But I expect Fulham to go out there and try and achieve a win, especially one with a clean sheet. Or at least come away unbeaten.
But if I have to, I will handle glorious defeat, nothing less will be acceptable.
LOL

filham

Afraid it is going to take more than just 100% effort to achieve a good performance. We will have to match Wolves phyisically, tactically and with pace, all areas we have failed on in recent games at the Cottage

Woolly Mammoth

Then it's backs against the wall, and time to stand up and be counted. Take no prisoners, and no matter the scoreline stay resilient and concentrate. Roll those sleeves up, Fire in the belly's and sweat a little blood.
If your having a bad game you can still run around.

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: davew on November 02, 2017, 09:13:46 PM
Quote from: Twig on November 02, 2017, 05:43:02 PM
Sorry Twig, why has Joka's position been strengthened with the departure of Kline? I don't really think Kline had much input into picking the team, do you really?

My point is that there was a deep division between these two. Eventually one went and it was T Khan's mate not Joka.  In the eyes of his players he may well be seen as having scored a political victory and on that basis yes, I think it strengthens his perceived position. It has nothing to do to with Kline's input or not into team selection just political pissing rights.

davew

Ok Twig, I see what you mean m8, but the whole situation was too complicated and not helping the Club.