watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stefan Johanssen

Started by res, January 28, 2018, 06:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

res

SJ seems to be relatively immobile recently, lot of late tackles...bit lucky not to pick up 2 yellows yesterday rather than the single one. Presumably his groin problem?

Facts Not Fiction

If by recently you mean the whole season, you're correct.

Tabby

Might just be a bit worn out. Haven't seen anything to suggest that he has any injury issues.

Johansen has always played a bit on the edge though imo. Sometimes the last ditch tackles don't come off.

filham

Thought he had problems earlier in the season, bad news if he is in trouble again as he is one of that well tuned engine room. It is not going to work for us with both him and Cairney not firing on all cylinders.

sunburywhite

Just off the pace of the player he was last year
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

PokerMatt

I heard he has a knee injury that needs surgery and 3 months out. But the club don't want to be without him during the season.

Has needed it since at the summer, supposedly. Would explain his performances this season.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Carborundum

Quote from: PokerMatt on January 28, 2018, 06:47:31 PM
I heard he has a knee injury that needs surgery and 3 months out. But the club don't want to be without him during the season.

Has needed it since at the summer, supposedly. Would explain his performances this season.
If that's true and reflecting on his being in the engine room of our recent results: what a player he is.

Matt10

He looked fine yesterday, got very lucky on the yellow of course.

He is constantly the unsung hero to our matches. Our recent form...you can't ignore StefJo's contributions. He is as box-to-box as they come, please don't forget that.

hovewhite

Stef a really important player again this season,an unsung hero who when he's not playing,he's missed and not only by the players!

Jonaldiniho 88

I heard it was a groin injury and that he is battling through it although it requires surgery. Got to love him for trying through the pain. I don't think you can say he was lucky to stay on. If he had been booked for the first he would'nt have made the second. He knew he had one more bad challenge and used it.

grandad

I won´t make any judgement as he in an integral part of the 3 amigos, whether the third one is Cairney or Norwood. Our midfield 3 are what makes us tick.
If he is playing with a long standing injury he is a hero in my eyes.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Twig

Quote from: grandad on January 28, 2018, 07:53:26 PM
I won´t make any judgement as he in an integral part of the 3 amigos, whether the third one is Cairney or Norwood. Our midfield 3 are what makes us tick.
If he is playing with a long standing injury he is a hero in my eyes.

From what we heard earlier in the season Jona is right, he is arriving a groin injury which will ultimately require time out for surgery.

filham

Must be the wrong policy to put off surgery, surely these matters are best dealt with as soon as possible.
Worrying to think that we have both Cairney and Johansen in midfield playing with injuries.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: filham on January 29, 2018, 11:53:50 AM
Must be the wrong policy to put off surgery, surely these matters are best dealt with as soon as possible.
Worrying to think that we have both Cairney and Johansen in midfield playing with injuries.
Unfortunately, that's just the way it is.  As fans we have no idea how many players are carrying knocks/injuries/pain-killing injections when they cross the white line.   Particularly so by this stage of the season.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

toshes mate

Quote from: Carborundum on January 28, 2018, 07:03:51 PM

If that's true and reflecting on his being in the engine room of our recent results: what a player he is.
Have to agree with Carborundum.  He is a true box-to-box hard worker in midfield and, since he sees a lot of the action and doesn't hide, he'll always play on the very edge of legality.  His quality should not be overlooked.  One of the true recruitment 'finds' of the recent era.   Seldom found giving less than one hundred percent. 

PokerMatt

Quote from: toshes mate on January 29, 2018, 12:34:13 PM
Quote from: Carborundum on January 28, 2018, 07:03:51 PM

Have to agree with Carborundum.  He is a true box-to-box hard worker in midfield and, since he sees a lot of the action and doesn't hide, he'll always play on the very edge of legality.  His quality should not be overlooked.  One of the true recruitment 'finds' of the recent era.   Seldom found giving less than one hundred percent.
Absolutely right.

Even though he's not the same as last season, he can still lift us with his energy and is integral to our midfield.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

MrFFC

I like Johansen he hasn't hit the heights of last season but has still contributed to the team his season will be a key player for the run in
Come on you Whites!! :)

Skatzoffc

That's what I heard Poker, that they are delaying an op.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !