more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When do we decide enough is enough?

Started by Robbie, November 20, 2017, 07:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

Quote from: Twig on November 22, 2017, 09:42:21 AM
Things are not ideal; defensive frailties, poor summer signings, lack of a central striker and even the failure to bring in a really top class keeper.  But what most of these have in common is that they relate to our transfer policy not Joka's management.  And I don't really buy the argument that he is inflexible, he has tried a number of variations and permutations within his overall preferred style.  To me that is staying true to your beliefs not inflexibility.

Excellent post.

Artful Dodger

We have to stick with Joka - he took a team that was a shambles for 2 years and got us playing great football and in to the play offs - who saw that coming at the time? It is clear that the transfer policy has been hijacked by a nut job and you have to give Joka some slack because of that and as already said, we haven't had the same midfield 2 games running due to injury this season whereas last year Cairney, Johansen and Mcdonald were the first names down every week.

A great win last night, despite the nature of it (5-2 up away from home after 87 minutes at the 2nd place team) will give us some confidence, so I a definitely optimistic we can climb the table so long as we don't undo the good work with a shoddy performance Saturday!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

colinwhite

Patrick ,you were joking in your last post right?

hovewhite

Reading some of the posts today I would of thought we got beat.!!!!!!!
We WON 5-4!!!!!

Count Flapula

Quote from: HV71 on November 21, 2017, 08:23:52 PM
For me it isn't just about what Jokanovic does it's about what others DONT do . E

If your manager doesn't want to lose either Aluko or Malone and others decide that they know better - then they are at fault as it is abundantly clear that we miss both. Jokanovic took a hard line with Martin but still played him because he knew we needed that type of front man. He got Fonte and KAmara - neither of which is that type of player. For Pete's sake everyone - if you were at work and your bosses ignored your expertise - how would you feel ? Are you blind , deaf and dumb ? As I have said in previous posts - get real , smell the coffee and put
yourself in his shoes - If you did you would be at least cross  - I would be absolutely furious and at least I worked in an industry where my Chairman had done the job and knew about the industry . Not the case at Fulham - the incumbents obviously new more about sumo wrestling than football ( sorry soccer !!!! )

Give me strength !

+1

Count Flapula

Quote from: Twig on November 22, 2017, 09:42:21 AM
Quote from: Logicalman on November 21, 2017, 10:06:12 PM
Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on November 21, 2017, 09:33:04 PM
Quote from: Robbie on November 20, 2017, 07:46:13 PM
Hello, I have noticed that many of the Slav-out posts get removed.

I am dedicated season ticket holder and big fan of the old FFC.

But I also want to see some WINS for my hard-earned money.

There are good managers out there, who know how to play Championship football.

Even Championship on Five (rightly) said at the weekend that we are the standout underperfomers in this league. We are not a nursery, we have ambition to get back to the PL.

Why is everyone on this site apparently so complacent?

How many more draws/losses?

Good timing mate. Feeling a little red faced?

Well, hindsight is always right, isn't it?  :033:

This is a good thread, with good views, and the OP was right to bring it up (even if I disagreed).

I agree the OP had every right to bring this up but you say "he was right to bring it up".  I'm not so sure; it was posted after the Derby game and anyone who was there could see that was a much improved performance,  it was as if the weight of Kline and all the politics had been lifted and the lads felt free to focus on football.  Last night's result showed more of the same.

Things are not ideal; defensive frailties, poor summer signings, lack of a central striker and even the failure to bring in a really top class keeper.  But what most of these have in common is that they relate to our transfer policy not Joka's management.  And I don't really buy the argument that he is inflexible, he has tried a number of variations and permutations within his overall preferred style.  To me that is staying true to your beliefs not inflexibility.

Spot on.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: hovewhite on November 22, 2017, 05:36:36 PM
We WON 5-4!!!!!

We almost did, we nearly threw it away, rather than be blinded too much by the victory, although we should still celebrate it, I celebrated the victory by taking both my wife and girlfriend for a knees up, but not at the same time I may add.
But the point I am making is that to give them hope when there shouldn't be any, we allowed  Sheff Utd back into the game, which could have cost us, as we were hanging on.
That's because we are still fragile, did we lose concentration, why take McDonald off. The first 90 minutes are the most important, or in this case 113 minutes.
But we still lack that killer instinct, when your 5 2 up, you should be fresh out of mercy, go for the juggler, do not yield an inch.
Jok has still got plenty of work to do, as the next match with 15 minutes to go, we may only have a one goal lead as opposed to a three goal lead.
If you cannot defend a three goal lead without ending up hanging on by the skin of your teeth, then the players and manager are not ruthless enough. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Quote from: hovewhite on November 22, 2017, 05:36:36 PM
We WON 5-4!!!!!
+1
And, as much to the point, we were in a game where most people were awaiting a heavy defeat.  Sure the coaches and players still have loads of hard work to do thanks to the abysmal decisions made by the recruitment team in the summer but they haven't shirked from the task and I don't see any signs of anyone giving up the fight just yet.  Some supporters are just so hard to please.

Robbie

Sadly I am resurrecting this post. I was at Griffin Park this afternoon, and there was a lot of bad management on display.  Too many players placed out of position, four of our best all playing in midfield, bringing on the children (why?).
Poor