more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Quote from: f321ffc on January 14, 2018, 05:21:28 PM
Swansea City target fullback Ryan Fredericks gives an update on his Fulham future

The fullback has been linked with Swansea and Stoke, but Fredericks insists he is happy at Craven Cottage

Ryan Fredericks has insisted he is happy at Fulham, despite speculation linking him with a move away from the club.

Stoke City and Swansea are among the clubs who have been reported to be interested in the 25-year-old who only has six months left on his contract, but so far there's been no movement on that front, with Fredericks playing a key role in the 1-0 victory over Middlesbrough.

Fulham are adamant that none of their key players will be leaving this January, with Tony Khan already issuing a statement stating that Ryan Sessegnon, Fulhanm's 17-year-old wonderkid, will not be sold.

There's a contract on the table for the full back, and Fredericks has revealed that his people behind the scenes are dealing with that, and although he's not sure what is going to happen, he wants to end the season with promotion to the Premier League with Fulham.

He said: "I'm happy here, I've said it all along.

"My contract situation is getting sorted behind closed doors and the relevant people are trying to sort that now, I'm not too sure what is going to happen, but whilst I'm a Fulham player, be it one year, two years, three years, whatever it is, I will give my all in the shirt whenever I step onto the pitch.

"You couldn't get any better than that [ending the season being promoted with Fulham] promotion with any team is amazing so it would be my third season here, so hopefully third time lucky."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-target-fullback-ryan-14152655.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Like it. Just need to get on with it.
Where there's a will there's a wife

@jolslover

Swansea City target fullback Ryan Fredericks gives an update on his Fulham future

The fullback has been linked with Swansea and Stoke, but Fredericks insists he is happy at Craven Cottage

Ryan Fredericks has insisted he is happy at Fulham, despite speculation linking him with a move away from the club.

Stoke City and Swansea are among the clubs who have been reported to be interested in the 25-year-old who only has six months left on his contract, but so far there's been no movement on that front, with Fredericks playing a key role in the 1-0 victory over Middlesbrough.

Fulham are adamant that none of their key players will be leaving this January, with Tony Khan already issuing a statement stating that Ryan Sessegnon, Fulhanm's 17-year-old wonderkid, will not be sold.

There's a contract on the table for the full back, and Fredericks has revealed that his people behind the scenes are dealing with that, and although he's not sure what is going to happen, he wants to end the season with promotion to the Premier League with Fulham.

"My contract situation is getting sorted behind closed doors and the relevant people are trying to sort that now, I'm not too sure what is going to happen, but whilst I'm a Fulham player, be it one year, two years, three years, whatever it is, I will give my all in the shirt whenever I step onto the pitch.

"You couldn't get any better than that [ending the season being promoted with Fulham] promotion with any team is amazing so it would be my third season here, so hopefully third time lucky."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-target-fullback-ryan-14152655.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Hope he stays, There is not a better RB in this league IMO.
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on January 14, 2018, 06:04:51 PM

Hope he stays, There is not a better RB in this league IMO.

Agree.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Riversider on January 14, 2018, 04:21:35 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 13, 2018, 07:01:04 PM
Talksport.....Fulham have joined Hull in pursuit of Aberdeen Centre back Scott McEnna aged 21.The London Club (talksport talk)  have had the towering player watched this season.

Hull have had a second bid of£300k turned down, not exactly big money if we really are interested.

I should think they laughed at that offer, what I've read highly thought of....Hull trying it on.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 14, 2018, 06:35:56 PM
Quote from: Riversider on January 14, 2018, 04:21:35 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 13, 2018, 07:01:04 PM
Talksport.....Fulham have joined Hull in pursuit of Aberdeen Centre back Scott McEnna aged 21.The London Club (talksport talk)  have had the towering player watched this season.

Hull have had a second bid of£300k turned down, not exactly big money if we really are interested.

I should think they laughed at that offer, what I've read highly thought of....Hull trying it on.

We will probably offer less.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Riversider on November 28, 2017, 04:16:36 PM
Sell him for £30 million and then use it all to buy Dembele back from Celtic 😉
Graham, Dembele and Ojo up top together we'd be unstoppable,

Shame it'll never happen though.

It will not happen simply because any money we did receive will not be reinvested in players, apart from a token amount. So we are better off keeping him as long as we can.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

..FOF..

I wonder what is the state of our traditional scouting system now?

I am all for sport analytics as long as it is balanced with the knowledge from real human eyes and mind.

Mince n Tatties

Well that's half the window shut and still not a whiff of signing....I know keep quiet mince plenty of time yet.
Now when did I hear that before?

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 15, 2018, 01:48:46 PM
Well that's half the window shut and still not a whiff of signing....I know keep quiet mince plenty of time yet.
Now when did I hear that before?
That's you trouble 'Mince', you need some patients  :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

cmg

Apart from us the following have also failed to sign anyone yet as far as I can make out: AV, B'ham, Burton, Derby, Hull, Midboro, Millwall, Norwich, Nottm F, QPR, Rdg, Shef W. Any corrections welcomed.
Ipswich have signed a 19 year old from Waterford and Norwich have confirmed East Anglia/Irish solidarity by signing a teenager from University College Dublin -not really the big time.

MJG

Quote from: cmg on January 15, 2018, 02:08:14 PM
Apart from us the following have also failed to sign anyone yet as far as I can make out: AV, B'ham, Burton, Derby, Hull, Midboro, Millwall, Norwich, Nottm F, QPR, Rdg, Shef W. Any corrections welcomed.
Ipswich have signed a 19 year old from Waterford and Norwich have confirmed East Anglia/Irish solidarity by signing a teenager from University College Dublin -not really the big time.
Year on year its still almost the same. By the 14th Last season 20 Transfers had been done. By yesterday it was 19 this month.
Just the views of a long term fan

DevonFFC

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-boss-alan-pardew-11855832

West Brom boss Alan Pardew makes £15million move for Fulham skipper Tom Cairney - Mirror Online

West Brom are in talks with Fulham over a move for Tom Cairney.

The Baggies are ready to launch a move for the ta lent ed midfielder this month and are prepared to pay up to £15m for Cairney.

They are understood to have tested the water with an opening approach of £12million.

Cairney, 26, was the subject of a £20million bid from Newcastle last summer which Fulham rejected.

But the Cottagers are weighing up the latest interest as they consider cashing in on Cairney to raise funds to buy a striker.

PBP_SAH_WL171663_0518.jpg
Cairney in Cottagers' action(Image: Paul Burgman/Press-Photos.com)
Fulham-v-Ipswich-Town-Sky-Bet-Championship.jpg
Cairney has managed just one goal this term(Image: 2018 Getty Images)
Pardew picked up his first win at the weekend(Image: Action Images via Reuters)
Cairney was only on the bench for the win at Middlesbrough on Saturday, having been struggling with a recurrence of a knee injury.

The Cottagers skipper has made 17 appearances in the Championship this term, scoring just once.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: ollienixs on January 15, 2018, 04:06:12 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-boss-alan-pardew-11855832

West Brom boss Alan Pardew makes £15million move for Fulham skipper Tom Cairney - Mirror Online

The Baggies are ready to launch a move for the ta lent ed midfielder this month and are prepared to pay up to £15m for Cairney.

They are understood to have tested the water with an opening approach of £12million.

Cairney, 26, was the subject of a £20million bid from Newcastle last summer which Fulham rejected.

But the Cottagers are weighing up the latest interest as they consider cashing in on Cairney to raise funds to buy a striker.

Cairney was only on the bench for the win at Middlesbrough on Saturday, having been struggling with a recurrence of a knee injury.

The Cottagers skipper has made 17 appearances in the Championship this term, scoring just once.

LOL @ this part: But the Cottagers are weighing up the latest interest as they consider cashing in on Cairney to raise funds to buy a striker.

Who will supply the striker??

Count Flapula

Would be surprised if he passes their medical with his persistent knee injury and indefinite recovery time... Hope this is nonsense anyway. Big gamble of Mitroglu proportions on their behalf given his lack of fitness the entire season - they need players who can step in and make a difference immediately.

Whitesideup

And why would we consider £15 million when we turned down £20 million. And anyone can see that we are a much better team with Cearney. Swapping him for a striker would not work as we would also need to replace him. Norwood is a very different kind of player, and in any case is only on loan. De la Torre looks an exciting prospect but not getting any game time, but even he is more of an attacking player rather than creative midfielder ... I think.

Twig

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on January 15, 2018, 04:09:17 PM

LOL @ this part: But the Cottagers are weighing up the latest interest as they consider cashing in on Cairney to raise funds to buy a striker.

Who will supply the striker??

And why do we need to raise cash to buy a striker?  Perhaps Khan could actually invest a little in the squad? Just a thought, daft I know.

Mince n Tatties

Talksport.....Cameron Jerome having medical at Derby...Chris Martin told he can go?

grandad

The WBA part of the Midlands is on Trump´s list of undesirable places.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria