watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This season compared to last.

Started by ealex40, November 27, 2017, 07:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ealex40

I think we really miss Aluko. Not for his shooting ability but for his overall play in being able to hold the ball, being creative and generally keeping the opposition busy while they tried to figure out what his next move might be. We of course have Tom Cairney but as good as he is, everyone knows that he has to be able to pass with his left foot and is so predictable. Aluko was two footed and could start a play from either side.

I guess the easy response will be that he wanted to leave and that's that. I just hope Edun developes into the playmaker we need. I have been impressed with him when watching him play for the various England junior teams and also in his brief Fulham appearances. Just hope he puts on a bit more weight and height.

I watched Huddersfield yesterday and did not lament Malone's departure. He gave away a penalty and I am happy with whoever we use to replace him, except Sessegnon, I'd rather use him up front and have Odoi at the back. 

RaySmith

"I guess the easy response will be that he wanted to leave and that's that."

You make it seem as if the club had another option.

They could have offered a better/longer contract, I suppose, but do we know  just why he wanted to leave?
Is it good to force a player to stay who wants to go?

Have we replaced him now, with the likes of Ojo?

ealex40

Maybe it would be wise to replace someone with a loaner.

If that didn't work out, then 4 months later we get another loaner.

It's probably better than keep spending a lot on players who are not the answer and getting a club in financial trouble.

However, look how we were sweating, with time running out, to get Kalas and Piazon to return. Doesn't allow much stability in planning a club's future.

hovewhite

A real disjionted season,it feels a step back ,rather than going forward.
That is so fulham!

filham

No doubt that we are missing Aluko. An immediate possible solution is to play Sess. in an attacking role but we can't because we also transferred a good left back. We don't think to carefully about replacements  before we let good players leave.

davew

Quote from: filham on November 27, 2017, 08:16:57 PM
No doubt that we are missing Aluko. An immediate possible solution is to play Sess. in an attacking role but we can't because we also transferred a good left back. We don't think to carefully about replacements  before we let good players leave.
Agreed, but we do think about it, the people who pull the strings at the club DON'T!!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

SP

Resign Aluko & Shaun Hutchinson - promotion sorted.

094.gif

Baszab

Ojo can replace Aluko - he has been brilliant last two games

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Baszab on November 27, 2017, 10:37:20 PM

Very similar players. Happy to run at defenders, but more than often, find row Z rather than the goal.

JoelH5

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on November 27, 2017, 10:41:31 PM
Quote from: Baszab on November 27, 2017, 10:37:20 PM

Very similar players. Happy to run at defenders, but more than often, find row Z rather than the goal.

Overall Aluko is the better player but Ojo has the better shot imo. We need a decent LB, so Sess can push up, a solid championship CB and the midfield trio of Stef, TC and Kmac to stay fit
I was there, standing in the Putney end

@jolslover

ahahahha someone said resign shaun Hutchinson
Aluko would be our best winger if still here. Said that when he went aswell.
STH H3

Facts Not Fiction

People seem to forget we got £7m for Aluko. A player who is near 30 and will probably never have a better season again.

FulhamStu

What we are missing this season is a settled side,  injuries and suspensions to the main 3 midfield players have killed us.  Cairney and StefJo have not been fit together all season which is a massive blow as they are 2of our most critical players in the engine room.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FulhamStu on November 29, 2017, 03:24:18 AM
What we are missing this season is a settled side,  injuries and suspensions to the main 3 midfield players have killed us.  Cairney and StefJo have not been fit together all season which is a massive blow as they are 2of our most critical players in the engine room.

That's no excuse, every team has injuries.
The clubs lame recruitment did not bring in adequate cover in the Summer when we had plenty of time. Neither did the club bring in the right players either. Leaving our striker problem unfixed, no dominant centre back that can influence the back four win the ball in the air and marshal the defence.
Because the club stupidly allowed Malone to leave we have had to drag Sess back from scoring goals further up to cover. On top of the that we could have done with stepping up a gear to sign a Goalkeeper.
That's just off the top of my head. Because how many of the summer signings have actually nailed down a regular spot. 
The only 2 that show signs of that are Norwood and Ojo, and they are both here only on loan, the rest are hardly anywhere to be seen, some have never played 90 mins or even started a game.
That's where the fault lies, not any injuries we may have sustained.
It's called having foresight and vision which this club is fresh out of.
Add to that incompetence, inefficiency and negligence and the obvious fracture between Jok and the amateur unqualified buffoons working at the club, who were only in positions of authority because they were the owners son, and his best mate.
Coupled with the mediocre preseason build up to prepare and organise for the season. Is it any wonder we are where we are. The players in our first match v Norwich compared to the opponents did not look match fit.
You reap what you sow, and the seeds have not surprisingly fallen on stony ground.
So no excuses, six wins out of nineteen matches.
No punch up front, a leaky defence etc etc, it doesn't get any better because these issues should have been addressed after we failed to get out of the play offs.
This alleged policy of not signing any players in Divs 1 & 2, and nobody over 28.
Wasting money on Fonte and Kamara. Signing an injured and unfit player in Soares.
It's a bloody holiday camp.
They are living in the land of the cuckoo.
We have not moved on from last season, most clubs have sussed out our system of play, and the absence of any alternative plan, and we are still getting bullied on a regular basis. As for our poor Home form, which has carried on from last season. We are at best treading water. 
Thats why we have not progressed adequately, not because we happen to have injuries, who doesn't. The club has been poorly run and managed.
They had better get their commatosed heads out of the sand before the new year, otherwise it's goodnight nurse.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 29, 2017, 03:52:43 AM

The clubs lame recruitment did not bring in adequate cover in the Summer when we had plenty of time. Neither did the club bring in the right players either. Leaving our striker problem unfixed, no dominant centre back that can influence the back four win the ball in the air and marshal the defence.
Because the club stupidly allowed Malone to leave we have had to drag Sess back from scoring goals further up to cover. On top of the that we could have done with stepping up a gear to sign a Goalkeeper.
That's just off the top of my head. Because how many of the summer signings have actually nailed down a regular spot. 
The only 2 that show signs of that are Norwood and Ojo, and they are both here only on loan, the rest are hardly anywhere to be seen, some have never played 90 mins or even started a game.
Add to that incompetence, inefficiency and negligence and the obvious fracture between Jok and the amateur unqualified buffoons working at the club, who were only in positions of authority because they were the owners son, and his best mate.
Coupled with the mediocre preseason build up to prepare and organise for the season. Is it any wonder we are where we are. The players in our first match v Norwich compared to the opponents did not look match fit.
You reap what you sow, and the seeds have not surprisingly fallen on stony ground.
No punch up front, a leaky defence etc etc, it doesn't get any better because these issues should have been addressed after we failed to get out of the play offs.
This alleged policy of not signing any players in Divs 1 & 2, and nobody over 28.
Wasting money on Fonte and Kamara. Signing an injured and unfit player in Soares.
We have not moved on from last season, most clubs have sussed out our system of play, and the absence of any alternative plan, and we are still getting bullied on a regular basis. As for our poor Home form, which has carried on from last season. We are at best treading water. 
Thats why we have not progressed adequately, not because we happen to have injuries, who doesn't. The club has been poorly run and managed.
They had better get their commatosed heads out of the sand before the new year, otherwise it's goodnight nurse.

Blimey Wolly, that's one hell of a rant, full of emotional stuff and a fair bit I do agree with.

However, it's in my opinion totally over the top mate, the side we had last year was not totally reliant on Aluko and Malone.  Yes, we have missed them both to a degree but Sess is a year older and Ojo is a good replacement, Soares is so far a massive dissapointment but Odoi has been a bonus, but basically we are the same or very similar team to last season, the difference being, we were lucky with injuries last season.  I actually prefer the potential of Kamara to Martin, but do think again Fonte has been another big dissapointment.

Transfer markets deliver good buys and bad buys for Every club, not just Fulham.  Our recruitment in the summer was overall poor, agreed.  But for me, the injuries are more cause for our poor form than selling Malone and Aluko.  Yes we should have bought better strikers and agreed a dominant central defender.

David I

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 29, 2017, 03:52:43 AM

Spot on mate..... And all,the while the FST lap up the twaddle that the club fed them re: as to who was responsible for transfers.
Slav very nearly went to West Ham, missed his opportunity. He was Promised he would have more say in player recruitment and retention, let's hope that's not just the empty words " I'll do anything to get us promoted" as used by the club every week just before STs go on sale!
Kline went, but was that just blowing hot air as Slav was about to walk?
Only time will tell......

The 17k crowds and the loss of Prem TV money doesn't appear to bother the club, perhaps they should look at the monetary stats to realise even fininishing bottom of Prem is worth circa 100mil now.

davew

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on November 28, 2017, 11:31:44 PM
People seem to forget we got £7m for Aluko. A player who is near 30 and will probably never have a better season again.
It was a good deal but what did we do with it, waste it and I won't see who on, that would be boring and predictable!! The good deal means nothing if we don't get into the play offs and at the moment that isn't looking likely, though I am very surprised we are not far from challenging for the play offs after so many inept performances and a disastrous home record. Sooner or later the teams above us will start to put a winning run together, as I hope we will!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

toshes mate

Selling a player is only a good deal when the incoming replacement is better than the guy you just sold on.

Fulham's upper echelon recruitment management is simply not fit for purpose.  They cost us last season and they are repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

ScalleysDad

Players get injured, players lose form and players come and go. With the exception of the juniors The Club, our Club is just not good enough to even think of top six status. Sort out the cracks, the divisions and all the back room nonsense and then with a united resolve go for it next year. What would the mission statement of our current management team look like,
'Well, erh, umh, thing is, so last year, it was his fault, never liked him, what do you mean relegation twice, who said whatever it takes'

JoelH5

Quote from: ScalleysDad on November 29, 2017, 09:07:31 AM
Players get injured, players lose form and players come and go. With the exception of the juniors The Club, our Club is just not good enough to even think of top six status. Sort out the cracks, the divisions and all the back room nonsense and then with a united resolve go for it next year. What would the mission statement of our current management team look like,
'Well, erh, umh, thing is, so last year, it was his fault, never liked him, what do you mean relegation twice, who said whatever it takes'

Huh? As a club, we are good enough for the top 6. We did it last season  and even with a shaky start this season, we're only 6 points off 6th now.

We can all see we need a few improvements but we aren't a world away. Again, if we could get in a solid LB, CB and striker (to replace Fonte not AK) we would be a strong top 6 side.
I was there, standing in the Putney end