more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jokanovic: Fulham need new signings

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 01, 2017, 10:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Jokanovic: Fulham need new signings

Slavisa Jokanovic has urged Fulham to strengthen again in the January transfer window.

The club spent more than £15m on new players in the summer but the team "has not improved from the season before", according to the Whites head coach.

Jokanovic is expected to have more influence over signings following the recent sacking of analyst Craig Kline.

And the Serbian wants the club to sign players that can immediately make an impact on the team.

"It's so clear. We need (to strengthen)," Jokanovic said. "All the teams need to, to be at the top of the table. This is simple.

"Even the teams at the top of this profession – United, Arsenal, Chelsea – are looking to be stronger in January than they are now.

"We also lost some important players from the past. We brought in some different ones and it's about adaptation, about knowing how we want to play. We are still trying to bring these people to improve us.

"At the moment it's not about comparing but we haven't improved from the season before. It's about understanding this situation.

"From my side, all I can do is work daily with my team and try to get them to as high a level as possible."

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/jokanovic-fulham-not-improved-need-new-players

Keynsham

I actually think that this guy is brilliant.

mrmicawbers

Don't want to lose him.Not sure if he is giving some of the new signings a fair chance.Is it because they are stats signings.Think he needs to do what's best for the club and not because he wants to dig his heels in.Stats Can be useful along with scouting and what the manager is looking for. Kline has gone thank God but teams like the one we are playing tomorrow use stats as well and seems to work very well.

Lighthouse

I don't understand this great loyalty and love fans have for the coach. I would hate to see him go  but he has had just one great half a season out of the two and a bit he has been here. But he does state the bleedin obvious. It is a great shame we seem to have taken a step backwards with poor signings for the first team while just adding names to the squad.

However we were playing the same old way and teams know how easy it is to counter when a few players are missing. Hopefully we are trying to change it around at last. To be fair Brentford had great trouble in the beginning using the Stats system. It isn't the system that is wrong but how and who reads and interprets the figures. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Keynsham on December 01, 2017, 11:00:39 AM
I actually think that this guy is brilliant.

Not sure anything he's said demonstrates brilliance. My 8 yr old can tell we've regressed and need better players.

He's definitely the best manager/coach we've had since Hughes. I love the way he wants us to play and hope he remains our coach.

Maybe, since winning this power struggle with Kline, the club's administrators will begin to take a more footballing perspective with the stats based recruitment. I hope for that as well.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

toshes mate

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 01, 2017, 12:25:27 PM
But he does state the bleedin obvious.

Yes, Lighthouse, it is so bleedin obvious the Club's upper echelons still do not get it, and, just perhaps, you don't get it either. 

The guy states his situation in the last sentence in working with his players to get them to as high a standard as possible.  Possession football is not new and it is always almost impossible to defend against when done well (and I am thinking of that time Arsenal were almost unbeatable) since opponents trying to press it simply creates the openings that you want.  It isn't that we have been found out as you so fondly love suggesting; it is that we do not have players capable of doing it well and alternative strategies would take an age to put into place.   

And the guy has done more for this Club in terms of developing a better strategy for success than anyone since our purple patch in the PL.  He will shut the doubters up given the chance to do so by our recruitment guys.  All we need is two or three really decent players who can slot straight into the system because those who have scouted  them actually had their eyes open at the time.

Fulham 442

Hopefully he will get his way and we will sign the players that he actually wants in January.  Anyone else think it's a bit of a weird picture?!  It looks as though Joca's head has been photo shopped onto someone else's body!

toshes mate

Quote from: Fulham 442 on December 01, 2017, 01:34:23 PM
Anyone else think it's a bit of a weird picture?
It looks like a studio photo taken against a back projected scene where the lighting hasn't been done quite as well as it could have been.

Bassey the warrior

I don't understand this great loyalty and love fans have for the coach. I would hate to see him go  but he has had just one great half a season out of the two and a bit he has been here. But he does state the bleedin obvious. It is a great shame we seem to have taken a step backwards with poor signings for the first team while just adding names to the squad.

However we were playing the same old way and teams know how easy it is to counter when a few players are missing. Hopefully we are trying to change it around at last. To be fair Brentford had great trouble in the beginning using the Stats system. It isn't the system that is wrong but how and who reads and interprets the figures. 

Maybe it's because fans appreciate we play a good style under Joka unlike the last few managers? Certainly that's the case for me.

MJG

Quote from: toshes mate on December 01, 2017, 01:51:34 PM
Anyone else think it's a bit of a weird picture?
It looks like a studio photo taken against a back projected scene where the lighting hasn't been done quite as well as it could have been.
Was taken during his time at Watford
Just the views of a long term fan

Slaphead in Qatar

His remarks are a clear rebuke of kline. Let's hope joka does have more influence over transfers now.

Twig

If you don't understand it Lighthouse then I can only assume you don't appreciate attractive, intelligent football.  In my view Joka has done more for our playing strategy than anyone since Roy (who of course had a very different but equally cogent approach).  I do not in any way buy this "we have been found out" nonsense or any of the "we need a plan B/ play it long/ we need big lumps" arguments; I see these as simplistic explanations.  To my mind our inconsistent results this season are a consequence of a combination of; unsuitable signings, rubbish pre-season planning, injuries and the loss of a coupe of key players.  Get the players fit, bring in a couple of important signings and ship out the misfits, Joka will do the rest.

Woolly Mammoth

Hopefully he will get his way and we will sign the players that he actually wants in January.  Anyone else think it's a bit of a weird picture?!  It looks as though Joca's head has been photo shopped onto someone else's body!

Yes it appears his head has been superimposed on someone else body.
I am currently "heading" a full investigation into this issue to ascertain whose body it is.
So far to date we have narrowed it down to 8,642,357 suspects, and it's still reducing as a speak.
I can inform you that there are certain obvious clues in the picture. For example the cup of beverage he is holding narrows it down to beverage drinkers only. Gladys the Tea Lady is also helping us with our enquiries.
Also another clue is the brown brothel creepers he is wearing, therefore we are currently casing all local houses of ill repute in the area. But last but not least, whose back Garden is he sitting in, does anyone recognise it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

They are clearly two different photos from a sequence and the victim is smiling in the the second image - perhaps glad to be getting to the end of the misery.....

Dodger53

Correct me if I am wrong but he hasn't been with us for two years yet and the one whole season was great eventually. New signings should see us moving in the right direction again.

MJG

Just the views of a long term fan

General

It's quite clear and standard strategy - if you have a point worth making and are keen to make - whether you're on a radio show or giving a presentation, focus on making the same point 3 times during the conversation/speech... so if you have 4 points to make, or key points you want to get through focus on them each that amount of times. He's just making his point bleedingly obvious.

And I have to tell you, it's working - hence we're talking about it now. It's a sensible strategy to make consistently - especially after you've won the last two games, because it shows he can win games, knows what he's doing but thinks he can do better if we have better players and that we've lost some of them last summer and so are worse off (losing them down to transfer policy which he's not part of and wants to be).

Riversider

It's as clear as day that we look a far better side whenever Sess plays at left wing instead of left back, but it has taken Jokanovic until the middle of November to realise this , thus effectively ending our season, this has nothing to do with Kline or Rigg or Statts , just a complete lack of understanding from our manager.

Lighthouse

Quote from: toshes mate on December 01, 2017, 12:51:25 PM
But he does state the bleedin obvious.

Yes, Lighthouse, it is so bleedin obvious the Club's upper echelons still do not get it, and, just perhaps, you don't get it either. 

The guy states his situation in the last sentence in working with his players to get them to as high a standard as possible.  Possession football is not new and it is always almost impossible to defend against when done well (and I am thinking of that time Arsenal were almost unbeatable) since opponents trying to press it simply creates the openings that you want.  It isn't that we have been found out as you so fondly love suggesting; it is that we do not have players capable of doing it well and alternative strategies would take an age to put into place.   

And the guy has done more for this Club in terms of developing a better strategy for success than anyone since our purple patch in the PL.  He will shut the doubters up given the chance to do so by our recruitment guys.  All we need is two or three really decent players who can slot straight into the system because those who have scouted  them actually had their eyes open at the time.

Not sure when I said we have been found out. But certainly we have met teams who last season and this realised how easily pressing us high can counteract our attacking game. Joka took over in Xmas from Symons. Could do nothing with that team. The following year until Christmas we were ok but nothing more. After that we had a great season and just missed out in the play offs. This season we are back if not worse than last season. My point that Joka should be able to, as a great coach be able to set his team out with the tactics that fit that team. Many fans are happy to blame the fact that the new players aren't as good and the bad results are down to that. The good results are always because of the brilliant coach. Well a brilliant coach sets out the tactics to fit the team he has not the team he would want.

I think some over praise him. I certainly think he has done a good job. But I can still find fault while others think it is sacrilege to dare to criticise him even if they have to make up and over elaborate on what criticism was actually said. You say he will shut the doubters up by been given the right players. Well that isn't a brilliant coach just somebody who can work with the right players to fit his system. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Whitesideup

Quote from: Twig on December 01, 2017, 02:21:34 PM

If you don't understand it Lighthouse then I can only assume you don't appreciate attractive, intelligent football.  In my view Joka has done more for our playing strategy than anyone since Roy (who of course had a very different but equally cogent approach).  I do not in any way buy this "we have been found out" nonsense or any of the "we need a plan B/ play it long/ we need big lumps" arguments; I see these as simplistic explanations.  To my mind our inconsistent results this season are a consequence of a combination of; unsuitable signings, rubbish pre-season planning, injuries and the loss of a couple of key players.  Get the players fit, bring in a couple of important signings and ship out the misfits, Joka will do the rest.

"...inconsistent results ....due to unsuitable signings, rubbish pre-season planning, injuries and the loss of a couple of key players" - not sure about the impact of a poor pre-season (don't disagree it was poor, mind you) , but I totally agree with the other three points .. Thank you Twig, a bit of common sense.

I also thought our defending against Derby was some of the best I have seen for a while. The next game they score three and everyone was praising Vydra ... must have been pleased to get some air having been in our defenders' pockets for 90 minutes in his previous outing. They hardly had a sniff. Even if the game was 1-1, I still thought defensively we were outstanding against what was / is an in-form team.