watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jokanovic: Fulham need new signings

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 01, 2017, 10:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

Disagree with the last sentance  Statto (not to mention Lighthouse, the least said about that the better!).
The football he got us playing last year was remarkable with the players at his disposable. I cant think of another Fulham manager who could have got that team playing any better.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Statto on December 01, 2017, 06:03:24 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on December 01, 2017, 12:25:27 PM
I don't understand this great loyalty and love fans have for the coach. I would hate to see him go  but he has had just one great half a season out of the two and a bit he has been here. But he does state the bleedin obvious.

As another poster has said, it's *one whole* (not one half) good season (we finished 6th over 46 games) in *less than two* (not two and a bit) seasons, so a bit of a difference, particularly considering you've no idea how this season will pan out (we did just put 5 past one of the top 2 at their place).

He's guided 2 teams into the top 6 in the last 3 seasons. I can't see us getting another manager with such a clear track record of achieving our stated objective. Carlos Carvalhal has done it but spent £40m+ in the process, whereas Jokanovic has done it on a net spend of nigh on £0.

At the end of the day I suppose it's all relative. He's not Guardiola or Mourinho, granted. But he's irrefutably the 4th, probably the 3rd, best manager we've had in a generation.

I think we were playing some great football in the second half of last season since Christmas. I am not that convinced were great up until then. This season has been more miss than hit. I think he would have to be here longer for me to start talking as if he is close to being in the top three or four managers in a generation. After this season is over he would have been here for two and half seasons roughly. I tend to remember the poorer or duller games (Sheffield Wednesday at home last season etc) as well as the sparkling performances. But it is always down to opinion and clearly some fans want to remember him as a great coach and some get very defensive. I look forward to the day when we don't struggle against the likes of Burton Albion and can genuinly say that the coach and the team are in the top 3 or 4 of a generation.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Keynsham on December 01, 2017, 11:00:39 AM
I actually think that this guy is brilliant.

It's reassuring to know that he is starting to read my emails.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HatterDon

Quote from: mrmicawbers on December 01, 2017, 11:32:03 AM
Don't want to lose him.

We won't -- until he gets us promoted and has a season in the Premier League where we don't get relegated. Then he'll be off to the higher reaches in Europe. Until then -- especially after last season's collapse in the playoffs -- he won't be able to make the kind of dosh he wants.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

filham

Quote from: Riversider on December 01, 2017, 03:45:55 PM
It's as clear as day that we look a far better side whenever Sess plays at left wing instead of left back, but it has taken Jokanovic until the middle of November to realise this , thus effectively ending our season, this has nothing to do with Kline or Rigg or Statts , just a complete lack of understanding from our manager.
I don't think anyone can disagree with that statement but the Jocanovic lovers prefer to sweep it under the carpet. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Jocanovic but outside of his magic half season he has done little for us. He has certainly had more players and more time than his predecessor was ever given.

I just hope that Jocanovic is retained at least until the end of the season and that he is given this head and money to spend in the winter window so that all Stats Boy excuses are removed and we can all see what he is made of .

Porthogs FC

It was obvious after the summer that a lot of our signings were stop gaps, depth and to try and fill in roles by underpaying. The only big payment we made was to Rui Fonte, who has been underwhelming and was never thought to fit straight into the team. Just look at our deadline day business. A free and a loan. Stop gaps.

We need a CB and REAL CF/Striker, both of which can walk into our team. If we need to unload some players to do so, so be it. Our squad is likely too big for Joca's liking anyone, more deadwood let go and two great players brought in.

However, we know that January is the time you overpay. What would those two players actually cost?

Woolly Mammoth

We have enough deadwood to sink a ship.
Deadwood is also a City in Lawrence County in South Dakota, and is named after the dead trees found in it's gulch.

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Statto on December 01, 2017, 08:59:57 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on December 01, 2017, 07:03:44 PM
Quote from: Statto on December 01, 2017, 06:03:24 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on December 01, 2017, 12:25:27 PM
I don't understand this great loyalty and love fans have for the coach. I would hate to see him go  but he has had just one great half a season out of the two and a bit he has been here. But he does state the bleedin obvious.

As another poster has said, it's *one whole* (not one half) good season (we finished 6th over 46 games) in *less than two* (not two and a bit) seasons, so a bit of a difference, particularly considering you've no idea how this season will pan out (we did just put 5 past one of the top 2 at their place).

He's guided 2 teams into the top 6 in the last 3 seasons. I can't see us getting another manager with such a clear track record of achieving our stated objective. Carlos Carvalhal has done it but spent £40m+ in the process, whereas Jokanovic has done it on a net spend of nigh on £0.

At the end of the day I suppose it's all relative. He's not Guardiola or Mourinho, granted. But he's irrefutably the 4th, probably the 3rd, best manager we've had in a generation.

I think we were playing some great football in the second half of last season since Christmas. I am not that convinced were great up until then. This season has been more miss than hit. I think he would have to be here longer for me to start talking as if he is close to being in the top three or four managers in a generation. After this season is over he would have been here for two and half seasons roughly. I tend to remember the poorer or duller games (Sheffield Wednesday at home last season etc) as well as the sparkling performances. But it is always down to opinion and clearly some fans want to remember him as a great coach and some get very defensive. I look forward to the day when we don't struggle against the likes of Burton Albion and can genuinly say that the coach and the team are in the top 3 or 4 of a generation.

You are entitled to your opinion... but please explain in properly. Who are your top 4 excluding Jokanovic? Hodgson, Tigana fair enough. Who else?

I would say any manager that has won promotion had us playing better football than a coach who has managed one sixth place due to form after Christmas of that season. But I don't want to get into the negative of sparkling sides that have made history for the club in my eyes and others who think our present Coach is better than nearly all of those. Clearly you and others love him that any poor form or play is never down to him but the players and poor signings. That is fine and good but as I have always said, not one I agree with. I like our coach but not enough to put up a statue yet. Having read some of the posts on this thread it is like I have criticised their Mums. I think they are all good cooks just not the best cook or in the top 4 best ever cooks on the basis of half a tea party.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Keynsham

Didn't we demolish Huddersfield and Brentford in November?

..FOF..

Yes. He is brilliant.

He gets Kline kicked out.

Kline wanted to sit in the dugout and wanted his pet players in the first 11, for goodness sake, that is enough to unsettle the team and be the main cause of our poor performance.

He is brilliant.

You know what he is getting now?

A free pass to do whatever the hell he wants :D

Woolly Mammoth

Now that stats guru and nuisance number one Kline has been removed and is no longer trying to influence team selection and being an absolute dog end. Jok hopefully can now relax a little and get on with what he is good at.
Subject to receiving important financial support in January via Khans fat wallet. Otherwise Jok is wasting his time and his talent.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

If , just if, we were to win 5-0 this afternoon and Fonte was to score a hat trick would Jocanovice still be saying we need new players,

SuffolkWhite

I think we still need cover in defence at centre back, another midfielder and of course a Zamora type Striker. But more importantly with Championship experience. Norwood is coming good in a quicker time than the other new recruits who have not experienced the Championship.

My two penny's anyway

COYW
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Fulham Tup North

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

..FOF..

Quote from: filham on December 02, 2017, 12:58:48 PM
If , just if, we were to win 5-0 this afternoon and Fonte was to score a hat trick would Jocanovice still be saying we need new players,

Yes, because the league is a marathon... not a sprint :)

Twig

Yes; defender, keeper, striker.

Twig

Quote from: Riversider on December 01, 2017, 03:45:55 PM
It's as clear as day that we look a far better side whenever Sess plays at left wing instead of left back, but it has taken Jokanovic until the middle of November to realise this , thus effectively ending our season, this has nothing to do with Kline or Rigg or Statts , just a complete lack of understanding from our manager.

I think the problem lay with his limited options for a LB if Sess were pushed forward.

Woolly Mammoth

Most certainly

Never forget your Roots.

One Martin Thomas

Big if with that keeper in goal for us.

Facts Not Fiction

Fulham need a new manager, not signings.