watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Never mind promotion

Started by The Old Count, December 02, 2017, 04:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Count

Can we get the requisite number of points to avoid relegation?

davew

Just about, but lose to B'ham and Sunderland which is highly likely, it will be close!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

If you forget the performance at Sheffield United our form , particularly lack of goals, could easily be taken for relegation form.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: davew on December 02, 2017, 05:02:23 PM
Just about, but lose to B'ham and Sunderland which is highly likely, it will be close!

somebody will quote eight points off the playoffs but being seventeen points behind Cardiff who looked decidedly average last season is a more accurate assessment of the season. if this rabble sneak into the play offs again the league really is a nonsense.
as was said earlier we did sort of pick pocket Millwall and at Sheff U Sess on fire had little to do with Joka. we really do need to get a plan together in double quick time and stick with it otherwise its the bottom six that beckons.

Jonaldiniho 88

I am not happy with this season's performances but just to cheer me up please make me rich by betting with me we dont get relegated. I will give you 3-1 we dont. Please pm me.

davew

Quote from: filham on December 02, 2017, 05:07:07 PM
If you forget the performance at Sheffield United our form , particularly lack of goals, could easily be taken for relegation form.
It certainly could, but lucky old Fulham are fortunate that there are a few teams in our division that are worse than us, hard to believe....but true...the league table doesn't lie!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Sgt Fulham

We're not good, we're not bad. Mid table fodder. We will not get relegated. Bit boring I suppose.

PokerMatt

Of course we won't get relegated.

We're just rank mid-table. We'll lose to a lot of teams, beat some others and the players will be on the beach by April.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Jonaldiniho 88

Sorry this balanced view aint going to buy me a house.

SP

Upper mid-table at best.  TC's injury presumably prevented any serious bids but KMac must be gutted he left Wolves.

Twig

We are a mid table team. Will not get relegated but forget the play offs.  Very disappointing indeed.

filham

We have lost to Burton and Brentford snatched a point from Bolton and won but two games at the Cottage.
A relegation portrait is there in the making.

ffcthereligion

Do me a favour. What an overreaction!

Woolly Mammoth

We have now only won 6 out of 20. That is a mediocre return. But things could get worse, picture this.
We end up somewhere between 7th and 21st. How will our best players react, because the  vultures will be circling, and we could lose the jewels we have.
Will they contemplate another season of mediocrity playing for a club with a ludicrous recruitment policy, and minimum ambition in the name of sustainability.
If the current manager leaves one way or another because of results or performances or the way this club operates, whether he leaves of his own accord or is sacked.
What decent Manager/Coach will want to work under the conditions Jok has had to tolerate, unless the club gets its act together, which under the Khans I can see no evidence this will happen.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 02, 2017, 07:27:58 PM
We have now only won 6 out of 20. What mediocrity is that. 
But things can only get worse, picture this.
We end up somewhere between 7th and 21st. How will our best players react, because the  vultures will be circling, and we could lose the jewels we have.
Will they contemplate another season of mediocrity playing for a club with a ludicrous recruitment policy, and minimum ambition in the name of sustainability.
If the current manager leaves one way or another because of results or performances or the way this club operates, whether he leaves of his own accord or is sacked.
What decent Manager/Coach will want to work under the conditions Jok has had to tolerate, unless the club gets its act together, which under Khan I can see no evidence this will happen.

I think you make a good point Woolly, relegation is an extremely remote possibility but the implications of a poor mid table finish are something the club should be worried about.

JoelH5

It really does boil down to January. If we sign some decent first team players we may be ok. If we still don't manage this, there's only one way we'll go the next few years.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

@jolslover

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 02, 2017, 07:27:58 PM
We have now only won 6 out of 20. That is a mediocre return. But things could get worse, picture this.
What decent Manager/Coach will want to work under the conditions Jok has had to tolerate, unless the club gets its act together, which under the Khans I can see no evidence this will happen.

Quite a lot of managers especially in Italy/Spain work in a similar director of football system. It's not really unusual to have a 'head coach' who doesn't have a say in transfers.
STH H3

@jolslover

Also imagine thinking we will actually be in a relegation battle. No chance.
STH H3

SP

Quote from: JoelH5 on December 02, 2017, 07:46:37 PM
It really does boil down to January. If we sign some decent first team players we may be ok. If we still don't manage this, there's only one way we'll go the next few years.

In the years to come, we'll be thought of as a great riverside stop off for lunch or coffee & not just on matchdays! Function rooms for all occasions & corporate events, boutiques selling the latest high fashion, who'll care what division we're in? NURSE!

:dead horse:

The Old Count

I just asked the question to get a reaction of what everyone thought.  I don't think we 'll be relegated - probably finish 8th to 12th.  We need to review where we've been and where we wish to go.  Things are not good. Is the manager being petulant? Has the Khan junior / Kline issue been a problem? is it a mixture of the both?