Main Menu

Has to be said .... sorry

Started by MikeW, December 02, 2017, 04:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

A team without:-

Leadership - Coach and Captain.

Passion - Everyone.

Tactics - Does the Coach have any understanding how to get out of this League?  Sorry, I suspect not.  His time is up, he's run out of luck.

Investment - 'Nuff said.

We are a team up a blind alley on all of the points above.

As ever, discuss.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Facts Not Fiction

He has run out of time.

Exactly how you don't build on two wins.

We've played well once this season. Sheff Utd away was a shocking defensive performance. Ipswich away the only complete team performance.

filham

Lowly Birmingham at home next week, there could be worse still too come.

choice_of_ends

Simply frustrating and disappointing.

No striker in squad. Defensively clearly not top six level. Attitude not even championship level. What is our ambition? Dying virtuously?

Riversider

Don't sack him, put him on gardening leave until the Serbia job has been filled !
I'm sick to death of his tactics,
I'm sick to death of his team selections,
I'm sick to death of the way he has treated half his squad,
I'm sick to death of all his interviews !
I'm still peeved as to how we played in both play off games,

Throughout his entire career he only ever stays in one place for a maximum of two years, before he moves on , he's reached that point now and it clearly shows.

How Jordan Graham hasn't played today is an absolute disgrace that can't be justified by anyone, this is a very poor/weak Championship this season and yet were out of the running with 6 months to go,

Some numpty will tell you it's because we haven't spent enough money and yet they can't explain why the likes of Forest, Brentford,Preston,Ipswich, Bristol City, Sheffield United and Cardiff are all above us even though they have spent far less 😠

Twig

Quote from: Riversider on December 02, 2017, 05:22:41 PM
Don't sack him, put him on gardening leave until the Serbia job has been filled !

Throughout his entire career he only ever stays in one place for a maximum of two years, before he moves on , he's reached that point now and it clearly shows.

How Jordan Graham hasn't played today is an absolute disgrace that can't be justified by anyone, this is a very poor/weak Championship this season and yet were out of the running with 6 months to go,

Some numpty will tell you it's because we haven't spent enough money and yet they can't explain why the likes of Forest, Brentford,Preston,Ipswich, Bristol City, Sheffield United and Cardiff are all above us even though they have spent far less 😠

Well I'm the numpty who will tell you we have spent zero.  Without checking the net spends of teh sides you list I don't think you will find they have all spent less than zero (i.e. made a net profit on their transfer activity). But don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

Riversider

Quote from: Twig on December 02, 2017, 06:25:52 PM

Well I'm the numpty who will tell you we have spent zero.  Without checking the net spends of teh sides you list I don't think you will find they have all spent less than zero (i.e. made a net profit on their transfer activity). But don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant.
[/quote

Well then Numpty I will guarantee that we spent more on Fonte alone , than all the aforementioned sides spent during the summer on their entire squads ?
And still the happy clappers want to defend the indefensible 😩😩😩

@jolslover

ahahaha Jordan Graham was terrible when he came on against Burton, but because he bagged some goals in the u21s he is suddenly messi.
I like the football we play under Slavisa but agree his lineups/subs can sometimes be a bit off. Still a good manager though and I back him.
STH H3

hovewhite

Quote from: @jolslover on December 02, 2017, 08:05:00 PM
ahahaha Jordan Graham was terrible when he came on against Burton, but because he bagged some goals in the u21s he is suddenly messi.
I like the football we play under Slavisa but agree his lineups/subs can sometimes be a bit off. Still a good manager though and I back him.
Agreed, he was poor v burton ,brentford are a different team this year also.

aaronmcguigan

By the same token, you can't exactly tar the guy by that one appearance. His reserve football has been littered with goals, assists and decent play, and appearing on the bench obviously means he was good enough to be with the squad.
No one is saying he is Messi but with our general form and performances, our youth and reserves need to be looked at for something different than the norm which has been consistently exposed this season.

Riversider

Quote from: Newry FFC on December 02, 2017, 08:33:22 PM

By the same token, you can't exactly tar the guy by that one appearance. His reserve football has been littered with goals, assists and decent play, and appearing on the bench obviously means he was good enough to be with the squad.
No one is saying he is Messi but with our general form and performances, our youth and reserves need to be looked at for something different than the norm which has been consistently exposed this season.

+1 we truly have some embarrassing supporters who are prepared to write a player off after one game 😩

davew

There have been many 1 hit wonders over the years, he still has a lot of time to make a hit here with us (about 4 -6 weeks), not really interested on what he and others do playing for our reserve sides, if they are that good they would be picked for the 1st team or at the very worst, sat on the bench! The flip side of the coin is that Joka is beginning to show that he doesn't know what he is doing when it comes to team selection, making players play out of position and of course as illustrated today, stupid and game losing substitutions. The truth will be clearer in a few weeks time!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

@jolslover

I'm not writing him off after 1 game at all, I just don't understand why people are worshipping him because he bagged in the u21s.. By that logic Stephen Humphrys is the answer to our problems. It is the equivalent of bagging in the conference.
STH H3

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: @jolslover on December 02, 2017, 08:59:00 PM
I'm not writing him off after 1 game at all, I just don't understand why people are worshipping him because he bagged in the u21s.. By that logic Stephen Humphrys is the answer to our problems. It is the equivalent of bagging in the conference.

But the people you accuse of worshiping Graham, may accuse you of the same reason for you worshiping Fonte.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MikeW

What happened to the request for opinions on my first post?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MikeW on December 02, 2017, 04:54:52 PM
A team without:-

Leadership - Coach and Captain.

Passion - Everyone.

Tactics - Does the Coach have any understanding how to get out of this League?  Sorry, I suspect not.  His time is up, he's run out of luck.

Investment - 'Nuff said.

We are a team up a blind alley on all of the points above.

As ever, discuss.

Overal. We have never had the best of Leadership on the pitch for a while now, even going back to last year. There is very little visual Leadership off the pitch, of course I could be wrong but Jok can sometimes appear aloof for some reason. Is there a fracture in the camp, have the obvious problems behind the scenes taken it's toll. Has a Jok isolated himself, or has he been isolated due to the stance he has taken regarding selection of players etc.
I blame the Khans as much as brains of a rocking horse Kline for allowing the whole situation get this far without dealing with it months ago.
It isn't just being naive, they are inexperienced and unqualified and ignorant of what is required in running a football club.
Because this is the end product of their incompetence, inefficiency and negligence, not forgetting the ill judged decisions and their arrogance.
This will not go away overnight, it's what happens when the Owner / Chairman fails to oversee first hand how the club is operating.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 02, 2017, 09:10:32 PM

But the people you accuse of worshiping Graham, may accuse you of the same reason for you worshiping Fonte.

Precisely, if Graham had a foreign name he'd say he should be starting every game...Hilarious

@jolslover

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 02, 2017, 11:32:27 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 02, 2017, 09:10:32 PM

Precisely, if Graham had a foreign name he'd say he should be starting every game...Hilarious

Just like I am campaigning for Djalo, Cisse, Kamara and Madl to start every game. Right.
STH H3

St Eve

Quote from: Riversider on December 02, 2017, 07:44:02 PM

[/quote

Well then Numpty I will guarantee that we spent more on Fonte alone , than all the aforementioned sides spent during the summer on their entire squads ?
we did however sell Malone and Aluko for more than we paid for Fonte

YankeeJim

Quote from: St Eve on December 03, 2017, 08:54:35 PM
Quote from: Riversider on December 02, 2017, 07:44:02 PM

[/quote

we did however sell Malone and Aluko for more than we paid for Fonte

Yes we did. We sold two effective players and spent the money on another Eddie Johnson.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.