watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next four games

Started by The Swan, December 04, 2017, 04:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Our next four games, we have got to win all of them. Two at home and two away.
Twelve points would see us move up the table. Any less and I can see us dropping out of any hope of finishing in the top six.
The Swan

hovewhite

birmingham ,sunderland ,barnsley should be winnable.
Cardiff away will be tough would settle for a piont in fact id snap your hand off for 3 wins and a draw,but not holding my breath!

filham

Take away the freak performance up at Sheffield  and it is hard to remember a good performance, cant see any reason why anyone should be thinking of three or four on the trot.

hovewhite

surely slav has to make some real changes to the team,give some players who have not had a chance i would start by including AK at CF,put mollo in wide with licence to shoot on sight push sess further forward give Djalo in the CB role as he cannot be any worse than saturdays CBs.

davew

Quote from: hovewhite on December 04, 2017, 05:14:27 PM
surely slav has to make some real changes to the team,give some players who have not had a chance i would start by including AK at CF,put mollo in wide with licence to shoot on sight push sess further forward give Djalo in the CB role as he cannot be any worse than saturdays CBs.
Joka will never be able to do that, what finally make the type of changes that most of us have been suggesting for a long time now, if he did that and we started winning how would he be able to explain (even in his broken English)why he didn't do this before. He is in a no win situation, shouldn't matter though as he should be getting used to that especially at the Cottage. I will be very surprised if we beat Birmingham, in fact I will be surprised if we get a draw! As for the other forthcoming matches, how many times do we look ahead and think the next 3, 4 or 6 matches are winnable (on paper) only to struggle to win any. 4 points from the next 4 games will be a good result.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Facts Not Fiction

We are so far off now, that saying need to win next 4 games is kinda irrelevant.

hovewhite

Quote from: davew on December 04, 2017, 06:32:54 PM
Joka will never be able to do that, what finally make the type of changes that most of us have been suggesting for a long time now, if he did that and we started winning how would he be able to explain (even in his broken English)why he didn't do this before. He is in a no win situation, shouldn't matter though as he should be getting used to that especially at the Cottage. I will be very surprised if we beat Birmingham, in fact I will be surprised if we get a draw! As for the other forthcoming matches, how many times do we look ahead and think the next 3, 4 or 6 matches are winnable (on paper) only to struggle to win any. 4 points from the next 4 games will be a good result.
Well not somone that would shout for him to go ,but he sticks with the same players and in the next 4 games with the lack of results and for whatever the reasons he wont pick the othe squad players then he will lose my support big time as the likes of mollo djalo have not done anything wrong and deserve a chance,AK has made an impression that you know hes on the pitch unlike rui who after the ipswich game apart has done very little,also by the way i would also llay betts over button.

Fulhamfan666

We should win all of these but...

Birmingham L
Sunderland W
Barnsley D
Cardiff L
Hull W

YoungsBitter

Slav seems to have made his mind up on certain players and will not play them. Whether its due to Kline's involvement in their recruitment or not. Why is Soares not starting at left back? Then Sess can play at left mid which we all can see is his best position.
Why with Ream injured didnt Madl make the bench? With Odoi on final warning, drop KMac into CB and sub him off and bring on Fonte/AK?
Mollo and Graham make the bench but he gives De la Torre most minutes?

Button continues to be terrible at distribution and gifted their first goal. He is silent so little direction to the defense, Betts is not a better stopper or that much better at distribution but he is more vocal and currently Buttons play is so poor what do we have to lose?

Slav is who he is and the good side was seeing the flowing football last year. However, no injuries and a couple of players having career best seasons papered over the cracks that are clearly visible now. No plan B or C, no ability to change games mid game, no interest in changing tactics based on opposition. Stubborn refusal to use certain players.

Our issue is not only have we sussed this, so have every other Championship manager...
Quark, strangeness and charm

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: hovewhite on December 04, 2017, 06:56:10 PM
Quote from: davew on December 04, 2017, 06:32:54 PM
Well not somone that would shout for him to go ,but he sticks with the same players and in the next 4 games with the lack of results and for whatever the reasons he wont pick the othe squad players then he will lose my support big time as the likes of mollo djalo have not done anything wrong and deserve a chance,AK has made an impression that you know hes on the pitch unlike rui who after the ipswich game apart has done very little,also by the way i would also llay betts over button.

Jok is looking more and more like a one trick pony. Which is magnified by his lack of variations when his initial first plan isn't working, he leaves himself stranded for options and is not anywhere near proactive, he is far too reactive.
He has to change his habit of not being flexible enough. It hasn't gone unnoticed in the Khan camp, so he had better cut out the tunnel vision and look at the wider picture, rather than cut his nose off to spite his face.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.