News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - How much booze have you bought for Christmas?

Started by Keynsham, December 19, 2017, 05:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keynsham

A little thread to try and break the monotony of the current round of misery.

So....

What booze have you got /getting in for Christmas in your house and how much of it will last until the New Year?

:wine: 082.gif :beer:

mrmicawbers

I took advantage of the Marks and Sparks offer of buy 6 bottles of wine and get 25 % off that ended on the 4th December. So bought 24 bottles. The only problem is I now have only 1 bottle of Champagne left to show for it Hic

BestOfBrede

BarneyTravers

Too much really...the one constant though is always a bottle of Green Chartreuse....quite remarkably I am informed a very popular drink in Burnley.

The respective 25% offers when buying 6 bottles by the likes of Tesco's/Sainsbury's and Marks can provide good value when purchasing bubbly and wine

After Sunderland drink was the only option.

Bring on the Tykes

coyw

Rhys Lightning 63

None. My dad works for ABInBev (who own Budweiser, Corona, Stella and a bunch of others) so he gets it all for free.
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Carborundum

Quality not quantity!  Star of the show is a bottle of Venezuelan rum that just had to be opened and sampled the other evening, just for quality control purposes mind you.

Cracking idea for a thread.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on December 19, 2017, 07:32:02 PM
None. My dad works for ABInBev (who own Budweiser, Corona, Stella and a bunch of others) so he gets it all for free.
From that list I can't say I'm surprised

mrmicawbers

Twig

Lots of Fullers bitter, keep buying wine because you can't have enough (although to accompany Xmas dinner it will be some older bottles that I have been aging). Treated myself to a top Spanish brandy; Carlos I Gran Reserve.
Some top quality sweet wine because I love a pudding wine.
Madeira rather than Port.
Since we are having Christmas dinner and pressys on evening of 24th this year we have gone a bit Austrian and we bought a bottle of Jagermeister.

FulhamStu

Loads of bottles of wine - 30 maybe, barrel of our local Ale coming Thursday 60 pints.  All the normal spirits plus Calvados and Armagnac.

love4ffc

Not enough  :012: my mom and husband are going to visit for a few days which means not stop moaning about politics  :031:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: BestOfBrede on December 19, 2017, 07:02:52 PM
Don't ask Dave
:005:
  :wine:

Assume you are referring to me (lol), but as you have not asked I will tell you anyway, too much!!! Just hopes it lasts through the festive period which will largely depend on the Barnsley match and whether FulhamTV can get my subscription problem sorted out in time  so I can actually start listening to matches again. Have a good Christmas Brede!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

hovewhite

Keynsham

davew

Looks like none of you are stocked up enough for me calling round for a tipple.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

BestOfBrede

Quote from: davew on December 20, 2017, 08:52:12 AM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on December 19, 2017, 07:02:52 PM
Don't ask Dave
:005:
  :wine:

Assume you are referring to me (lol), but as you have not asked I will tell you anyway, too much!!! Just hopes it lasts through the festive period which will largely depend on the Barnsley match and whether FulhamTV can get my subscription problem sorted out in time  so I can actually start listening to matches again. Have a good Christmas Brede!!
Yes Dave twas you I was referring  082.gif

For me it's just the usual weekly shop: Plenty Rose, Vodka and Beer (Stella for the missus and London Pride for me)

MERRY Christmas Dave - actually to you all.

:wine:  :merry christmas:  :beer:
049:gif

bobbo

None, don't drink alcohol since October last year 2016
1975 just leaving home full of hope

King_Crud

I bought a 24 beer pack from WaterintoBeer http://www.waterintobeer.co.uk/

Cost £60, mostly porters & stouts, with some mid dark beers. Nominally it's to share but I will be the one mostly drinking it as my Christmas companions aren't ones for beer. Also got a few bottles of wine, prossecco, and port for laters. Missus drinking gin, but I'm not a fan

MikeW

I've been put in charge of booze purchasing for family get together on Boxing Day.  Me and Mrs W did bulk purchase last Friday.  Had to secretly replenish this morning while she was visiting a friend!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."