News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How do you think we’ll fair against Barnsley?

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, December 19, 2017, 08:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

I'm expecting a reaction after Sunderland, however, we've not been doing that very well this season either, and haven't tonked anyone yet.

Barnsley are another typical side who we could struggle against, but, expect us to bounce back to winning ways.

Interesting to to see they've now been taken over by billionaire owners.

I'm going for 2-1

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on December 19, 2017, 08:15:37 PM
I'm expecting a reaction after Sunderland, however, we've not been doing that very well this season either, and haven't tonked anyone yet.

Barnsley are another typical side who we could struggle against, but, expect us to bounce back to winning ways.

Interesting to to see they've now been taken over by billionaire owners.

I'm going for 2-1

Possession with 4 shots on target in a 1-1 draw.

Twig

We will certainly have more than 65% of the possession.  Will we score more than one goal? Only if SJ wakes up and plays Sess in his proper position.  He's shown little sign of doing that so I am going for a tedious 1 - 1.  Push Sess forward and 3 - 0.

SP

hovewhite

Twig

Quote from: hovewhite on December 19, 2017, 08:44:03 PM
Will we be playing a false no9?

Well we haven't got a genuine one so I guess a false one will have to do.

Matt10

Depends on two factors: where Sess plays and where Johansen plays. If Johansen plays, he's the False-9 and if Sess gets moved up, then Odoi will be back, leaving Rui on the bench. Joka likes all his center midfielders in Norwood, KMac, Cairney and Johansen, yet he wants to play a 4-3-3.

My gut says he wont' play Sess at LW, and will swap either Fonte for Kamara (although something tells me he doesn't feel a big man like him should be on the wing) or if Kebano is healthy - he'll be in.

Barnsley don't look that great on paper, but who knows what happens when teams face us. If we slow down the tempo and like Cairney said, try to walk the ball into the net, we'll lose out on a lot of great chances. My pet peeve is Fredericks and how he always wants to take on a player, instead of crossing the ball first time/early. I don't think he realizes how much this throws off players' run into the box and our chance to beat tall defenders in the box.

Overall, think we'll bag a good one 2-0 with a couple fantastic saves from Betts.

St Eve

Fernhurst

Concerned our below par form will continue and Barnsley will nick a win due to a defensive cock up.

1-2 
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

ScalleysDad

It's  another big game for the team in the dug out. We have been told where we were weak last time out, we have been told what we need to do more of, Odoi is fit and it has been at least five days at Motspur lining up a game plan, tactics, (like freeing Cairney from having to cover the whole pitch), and hopefully practicing throw ins, corners and passing to feet.

One nil to the northerners on 86 minutes and we will see if the team have the passion or not.

Twig

Dodger53

Having just been bought buy a billionaire they will probably react with a good result. My Barnsley supporting neighbour does and has just got his ticket for the game.

Surely not! I expect another great 1-0 win in a poor game against poor opposition.

Another miserable drive home which ever one of the above pans out!

Holders

95% possession, no shots on goal and lose 1-0 in the 90th minute. SJ says "we need to be more clinical in front of goal", Khan nowhere to be seen.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Grumpy Worthing White

BestOfBrede

Woolly Mammoth

I have no idea what the score will be, but I guarantee that Jok in his post match interview will say ........  " we need to find a solution",
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bill2

Quote from: Dodger53 on December 20, 2017, 09:38:44 AM
Having just been bought buy a billionaire they will probably react with a good result. My Barnsley supporting neighbour does and has just got his ticket for the game.

Surely not! I expect another great 1-0 win in a poor game against poor opposition.

Another miserable drive home which ever one of the above pans out!
I have the same fear, a rubbish team all trying to impress the new owners. They will not be any better footballers but will run that bit harder.

SP

Quote from: Grumpy Worthing White on December 20, 2017, 10:16:23 AM
No doubt the usual 1-1.  093.gif

I'm hoping 1-0 will become the new usual.  Performances can follow.

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Riversider

Can I let you know at 14.01 ?
If Jokanovic gets the team selection wrong yet again then I think were in for yet another painful afternoon,let's all be honest now when did we last have a thrilling home win under Jokanovic in which we played the opposition after the park ? Can anybody remember ?
The fixture gods have been kind recently with a real nice run of winnable home games and yet we've struggled to impress in any of them so why should Saturday be any different ?
We need Sess pushed forward we need an end to the false 9, and we need Piazon , Ayite and Kebano back and available, if they are then we've got a chance.