watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Moussa Dembele

Started by ffcwickford, December 30, 2017, 01:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcwickford

I know he is no longer our player, but like all our youngsters who have ventured to pastures new I have retained a keen interest on their progress. I would say he has just played his last game for Celtic! Subbed on the hour, saluted the whole ground and on leaving the pitch shook hands with Brendan Rodgers and then each and everyone of the subs, not a usual thing to do for him to do on being subbed!

SP

Can't say I've seen much of him since he left us, has he continued to improve?

Wingnut

Watched him in the old firm and he was woeful. Taken off in the second half.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Fulham 442

Didn't contribute much according to the match thread on BBC sport and rightfully subbed.

hovewhite

Wonder where his advisers are sending him next?

davew

Complete waste of time, what was it 40 goals (or so) in less than 70 appearances, no doubt somebody will provide the correct stat's on here, now we have such quality strikers and I haven't got the numbers available for them, yes it was the best thing we did, let him go for next to nothing and pay 9m for a quality striker whose stat's I also do not have available! Somebody please help me out with the numbers?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

f321ffc

Quote from: davew on December 30, 2017, 09:09:45 PM
Complete waste of time, what was it 40 goals (or so) in less than 70 appearances, no doubt somebody will provide the correct stat's on here, now we have such quality strikers and I haven't got the numbers available for them, yes it was the best thing we did, let him go for next to nothing and pay 9m for a quality striker whose stat's I also do not have available! Somebody please help me out with the numbers?
But Fulham didn't let him go his contract was up, he didn't want to re sign so his agent found him another club with No doubt a massive signing on fee Fulham could do nothing about it.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

davew

Quote from: f321ffc on December 30, 2017, 09:15:45 PM
But Fulham didn't let him go his contract was up, he didn't want to re sign so his agent found him another club with No doubt a massive signing on fee Fulham could do nothing about it.
I accept that, but, I think we could have kept him!! The comments about him being useless etc are just sour grapes!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

mrmicawbers

Not sure signing foe Celtic was a good career move.It would seem we are about to find out.In my opinion majority of the teams in that Division are League at best.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: mrmicawbers on December 30, 2017, 09:50:22 PM
Not sure signing foe Celtic was a good career move.It would seem we are about to find out.In my opinion majority of the teams in that Division are League at best.
League 1 at best

Twig

I'm sure the move to Celtic was I'll advised. Ok, he seemed keen to leave but should have looked for football in a stronger league. Like Dave I think he had good potential, forget the sour grapes, and I wish we could have tried harder to retain him.

Keynsham

Quote from: davew on December 30, 2017, 09:19:30 PM
I accept that, but, I think we could have kept him!!

Just like PSG could have when we signed him?

JoelH5

Quote from: Keynsham on December 30, 2017, 10:25:49 PM

Exactly. How could we have tried harder? The little pri*k ran down his contract then left on a free. I can't wait for him to get found out if he moves to a PL side.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

MJG

Quote from: JoelH5 on December 30, 2017, 10:37:03 PM

Exactly. How could we have tried harder? The little pri*k ran down his contract then left on a free. I can't wait for him to get found out if he moves to a PL side.
Do you think the club are a bunch of pricks when they don't renew youngsters contracts who have been at the club for nearly ten years and let go at 20/21?
Just the views of a long term fan

JoelH5

Quote from: MJG on December 30, 2017, 10:43:01 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on December 30, 2017, 10:37:03 PM

Do you think the club are a bunch of pricks when they don't renew youngsters contracts who have been at the club for nearly ten years and let go at 20/21?

At the time it was widely reported he wouldn't sign a new deal. That could have been false (even though it was from numerous outlets) but I don't think the club just thought no, he isn't good enough to offer another contract, especially as Ross and him were starting a fair bit for us

Marcel_Gecov

Dembele agent asked for 60k in order for a new contract to be agreed (knowing the windfall no doubt we'd make off selling him off the back of this contract). Rigg rejected this and wouldn't go above 25k. Obviously Dembele leaves and Rigg is subsequently relieved of duty.

Or so the story goes...

MJG

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on December 30, 2017, 11:09:37 PM
Dembele agent asked for 60k in order for a new contract to be agreed (knowing the windfall no doubt we'd make off selling him off the back of this contract). Rigg rejected this and wouldn't go above 25k. Obviously Dembele leaves and Rigg is subsequently relieved of duty.

Or so the story goes...
and by paying 60k we would have had to up almost every other senior player.  It's easy to say pay it and sell but it's not that easy in reality.  We are and we're all stepping stones for Dembele till he reaches the real big time and of that I have no doubt.

JoelH5

Quote from: MJG on December 30, 2017, 11:17:36 PM

Or so the story goes...
and by paying 60k we would have had to up almost every other senior player.  It's easy to say pay it and sell but it's not that easy in reality.  We are and we're all stepping stones for Dembele till he reaches the real big time and of that I have no doubt.

Hence why I'm not supporting his career moving forward..

MJG

Quote from: JoelH5 on December 30, 2017, 11:20:56 PM

Or so the story goes...

but as I said and you misunderstood, is that it works both ways. Clubs let go players all the time and then when one player plays that game he gets grief.You don't like him because he cost us money. How about Sambou? We offered him a contract and he walked away with an agent saying he can get better. Do you wish him ill as well or because he was not going to make us money you don't care?

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: JoelH5 on December 30, 2017, 11:20:56 PM

Or so the story goes...

I'm not convinced that the Rigg and Dembele departures are linked. Just another reason rather the sole cause. However when you consider that Dembele was on 6k when he left we saved almost 3m in not offering a contract vs the money we would have however minus all the other players increases...

Good move IMO.